Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

I did one for the Yankees, and it's about who you expect: Dynasty era players plus some of the 2010s guys

Chien Ming-Wang and I share a birthday, and I'll be goddamned if you besmirch the path of the sinkerballer. I only learned two numbers in grade school, 6 and 3, and I was able to score a baseball game thanks to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

other people did 19 you nerd

Dang you're right! I guess no one else said to look at their numbers so much.....? (man, I'm bad at trash talk)

If I do 19 players and get my big wish... well, the dinger count is probably suboptimal, but

edit: the actual sum is 115.7 because I forgot to update the formula for the extra row

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 7, 2019

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Easy Diff posted:

Chien Ming-Wang and I share a birthday, and I'll be goddamned if you besmirch the path of the sinkerballer. I only learned two numbers in grade school, 6 and 3, and I was able to score a baseball game thanks to him.

nah no besmirching, it's just his pitching line is a real throwback compared to all the high K guys we have now

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Did I do it right?

Popete fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 7, 2019

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Whew thank goodness

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 7, 2019

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Going through the Devil Ray years made me pretty sad. I'm mad that Tanyon Sturtze got on there. Colome and McGee are interchangeable as closers.

Blake Snell is the only person still on the team.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I know in my heart that Nominative Determinism isn't a thing, but Grant Balfour pursuing a major-league baseball career will never not be amazing.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 7, 2019

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Sorry, but this time with better stats and spreadsheets!

Total bWAR = 93.1 HR=282

Sad I could not work Kerry Wood in. Starlin Castro is the best SS in the past 20 years for the Cubs. The 2010s had some bad teams. I feel like Hendricks should be in here too, but 2014 -> has too good of hitters.

If I add up to like 7 SP I would change Ángel Guzmán in 2009 for Lilly 5.0 WAR . And Borowski for Kerry Wood 4.4 WAR in 2002.

This would push the total bWAR to 98.5

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 7, 2019

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

I made a Rockies list:

DJ LeMahieu would have been on that list at 2B, had his same years not been the same as Arenado, Freeland, Blackmon. Outside of DJ, second base has been putrid.

Also holy hell has this team had some lovely pitching staffs.

Total bWAR: 89.3.

279 HR. 952 RBI. #Coors

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 7, 2019

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Here's one for the Mariners. It's actually reasonably good with WAR 104.3 thanks for random carreer years and one crazy Arod year.

\/ just copied OP...

Tank44 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 9, 2019

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Your slash lines being Avg/Slg/OBP are legit disorienting lmao

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Quick attempt at the White Sox, clearly not optimized since I'm using Melky Cabrera's 2015 as a DH season and still am solidly in the 80's. I was surprised how many quality SP seasons from different pitchers they had. The Cardinals' pitching history was pretty much just Carpenter and Waino above 6 WAR in any given year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tank44 posted:

\/ just copied OP...

he wrote it that way in his header but did avg/obp/slg in the actual stat lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Best I can do for the Mets:

Left side of the infield is pretty rough and the bullpen is mostly made up of guys who were decent in the years I needed them. The outfield isn't great offensively but just disgusting defensively.