Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
My oldest cat has the beetus. I have to get up really early in the morning to give him insulin. He's a pain in the rear end, but I love the little bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Caesar Saladin posted:

i kept my beetus cat alive for like 8 years after diagnosis with the insulin to the age of 18, keep it up dude

Glad to hear that. So far, we're coming up on three years. He was a free fed cat for over ten years, and then he had to go to a regimented wet food diet twice a day. That...was not an easy transition.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The Bananana posted:

My cat is fat.
Too fat to put the cat harness i bought for her on to walk her.
I've reduced her feed.
But some one told me it was dangerous to have a cat lose weight too fast.
Is this the case?
Or can I start scaring her and chasing her around the house to get her to exercise more?

It's true that cats aren't supposed to lose weight too fast.

I'd recommend playing with them for 10-15 minutes a day(laser pointer chase etc). Anything that gets them moving will be helpful.