Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

curiousCat posted:

I think I'll assist with reconstruction of the inventors' guild for now.

I started to rebuild but didn't get very far so I went to join up with the CLA since everyone else was far away. If there becomes anything I can do to help rebuild let me know and I'll head over as my commitments here are done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

Also, part of the reason the reds got so pissed off was that Sa kept on prioritising Blues in their eyes. The Oasis being upgraded, for example,

I still think it’s weird they got so pissed about this when Vermillion was one of the main people who helped make that decision.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Why is either side being exiled? Why should people have to leave their homes? An influx of an Age's refugees is a lot for any of the current Ages to handle and for what purpose?

That’s how it has to be

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

I don't really see how reforms that are supposed to affect all Dwellers will be lasting if half are not even going to be present for their passing?

Assuming reds or blues are allowed to return...they'll be returning to a world they had no part in rebuilding.

Have you been listening to Zeal’s plan at all?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Why not exile the blues now, if you're the one who's in control? They lost the War when you defeated their leader and assumed power.

No more fighting needs to occur if you stop the War right now, Zeal Ruin. Admit that the blues have been defeated and let them accept their exile.

Burgundy can’t be left in charge, you know that

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Yes, I have. Do you even know what you're supporting?

It doesn’t seem like you have! I’m supporting the best realistic outcome out of a really bad situation.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

Is his clock status still the same as it was yesterday? :ohdearsass:

Same age, different location, no longer cold!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

Is he at Base Camp? Feel free to just answer that with a "yes" or "no". :ohdearsass:

No, not at base camp. I can tell you specifically if you want, I just don’t know what y’all are up to so I don’t know how secret from anyone here in general it needs to be.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

Is Aosa ok?

I’m doing alright!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

I’m probably being optimistic, but is there a way to temporarily halt the fighting? If CLA leader leads blues, maybe call a ceasefire a day or two? I don’t know, exiling an entire faction just rings so many bad warning bells for me.

There is no way to have peace without a faction being the victor, and the losing faction will get exiled. That’s just the reality of the situation

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its worth a shot.
I think A month exile is better than killing anyone, but if we can do this even without any exile that would be for the best.

Sure if that can be swung? Perfect. But the situation as I’ve seen it wont allow for that. I’d love to be wrong

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prince of Space posted:

Now the Channelwood Liberation Army and the blues of the Oasis are the same entity, and they seek to crush and oust the reds of the Lookout.

There is no conspiracy to let the reds take Channelwood for themselves... far from it. If anything, the conspiracy is to create an all-blue Channelwood by combining the CLA with the forces of the blues.

The CLA literally offered to let the Reds be declared victors in the war if you would oust Burgundy from power but yes there must be some pro blue conspiracy afoot. Come on.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis
This one sees no reason to remove him from his leadership position.

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Here are the chief crimes of the Dwellers in question:
Burgundy Faran: Inciting riots: attacked the Oasis and the people working on the Oasis' improvements when the Oasis got their supplies before the Lookout. Wants to shelter Ardite until more information can be learned from him.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KhediveRex posted:

I hope the Choctic and their Sa allies treat the Blue's more gentley then the Blue's treated us.

:lol:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Really just...dont exile each other?

It’s really annoying that people keep saying crap like this like we are some idiots who just didn’t think of this option

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

I understand that, but any kind of peace for the foreseeable future requires both sides to learn how to stop fighting when the war ends. Any resentment is just going to cause another war.

What I am trying to say is that I dont think you all realize what exiling so many people is going to do for your children and your children's children.

If you all want peace so badly then drop your god drat swords.

And I don’t think you realize that that’s not an option! There can be no peace without a winning faction and the losing faction is to be exiled. I’ve said it multiple times and I don’t know how I can make it any clearer.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

There is no winning faction. War does not create winners. Only widows and orphans.

I hope your children have better sense than you.

As someone who was kidnapped off Riven I’m well aware of what that looks like.

But you refuse to accept the reality of the situation, which is, let me say again, no peace can happen without a distinct winning faction. You can try to give me the moral high ground all you want, but I am telling you your lofty high minded ideals are literally not possible or we would be pushing for that! I came here, being neither blue nor red, to try to find the most peaceful resolution possible. If it were up to me we would draft a ceasefire and there would be no exiles! But it can’t be done.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Then why are we tolerating a bad thing?

Lain, I thought you were better than this.

Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooood

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

The part we are so angry about is why this forced exile is necessary at all.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Wow its like I am in a game or something and like the choice I reach is already a compromise made with forces greater than ourselves.

chaoslord posted:

There can be no peace without a winning faction and the losing faction is to be exiled.

Does this help? Because it’s been explained very clearly

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

As far as I can tell, there seem to be three groups here.

The group that wants to leave and never come back.
The group that wants to just go home and not fight.
The group that wants to keep fighting no matter what.

Frankly it seems that if anyone be exiled, it's the third group. Colors be damned.

I just don't understand what you are not understanding.

When the war started there were two sides:

The Reds, who if they win the war will permanently exile the Blues.
The Blues, who if they win the war will permanently exile the Reds.

Then the CLA came and, somehow, managed to talk the Gods into letting the exile only be a month.

Per Divine Instruction, there can be no peace until there is a winner declared in the war.

As in, if there is no winner declared, the reds and the blues will fight forever. Literally the only way to end the fighting is for there to be a winner and then we move on to solving the aftermath.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

By the way, can I just saw this Channelwood exile is the dumbest thing any idiot has ever put forth ever?

:agreed: but we literally did not have any way around that choice as we explained a jillion times already so :shrug:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Aosa, Avery, Brodsky, Salo, and Tavish.

One of you has my sword. I want it back.

Can confirm it's not me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

And then we are going to exile people for a one month truce so that way next month they can come back and start the war again. I swear I know I wasn’t here and no one wants to rehash this with me but does no one at all see how much worse this will make things?

The other option was permanent exile and we didn't want to force anyone to give up their homes for forever so the month was what we managed. But then the Reds decided permanent exile for themselves so that's that I guess?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

curiousCat posted:

You want to burn it?

Any other inventors second this? I fixed them as soon as I got here.

Theoretically we can upgrade it, but I don't know the specifics behind that. I am ambivalent toward it, do what yall think is best

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teland posted:

I'm still not sure what crime I'm being accused of

Prince of Space posted:

Thievery and destruction of a Descriptive Book is a serious offense, not to be taken lightly.

Teland posted:

But that book was already stolen, and I returned it to where it was stolen from. And I didn't actually destroy it.

I mean you do know what crime you are being accused of, so stop.

Teland posted:

They value life just like we do.
Kidnapping people off Riven sure shows they value life, yes indeed.

Teland posted:

I truly didn't mean any harm...

This is extremely hard to believe.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

sniper4625 posted:

I feel like I remember a rather large war that concluded with Riven quite definitively becoming no longer property of its Writer.

As for the present...well, I suppose it remains to see if those who believe it is possible to link to an Age after the destruction of it's Descriptive Book are correct. If they are not, well, I suppose you prepared yourself to carry that weight when you made your decision.

Ancestors won’t be able to help Ciel if those people are wrong

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So if I’m understanding this correctly, Kasia and Pitzae have joined Ciel on the “made it so I can’t return to Riven” list?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

What do you all say we just go home and call it a year ?

Would love to go home tbh

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Welp... I know where I'm going.

Ancestors watch over us all.

Ancestors watch over you, friend.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I made an art, I call it "History's greatest villains"

For the non-wrestling fans, this picture was taken after Super 100% good guy Hulk Hogan turned heel and joined The Outsiders. I figured the two Varbani worked well as the Outsiders here both in a "there are two of them" and a "they aren't from here" level and that just left Hulk for Kasia. Obviously all of my "plop a face onto other picture" works are not high quality but this one is particularly rough because my computer is acting silly today

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teland posted:

It sounds like Charlie Strand is using the Varbani to fight her battles the same way Choaneen tried to use the Dwellers. But one is putting in effort to prevent deaths and the other isn't. Without knowing what they're actually fighting over, that's pretty much all I have to go off of. If we could stick Strand and Choaneen in a room and let them sort out their differences without risking any other lives that would be idea.

You are responsible for the death of anyone who dies today, hth

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teland posted:

What did I put in motion? I don't even know what you all are doing, but I assume you all had a choice in putting whatever you decided to do.

lmao

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teland posted:

Yes, and Strand is doing the same thing, minus the "trying to have her forces" prevent killing part.

You're a disgrace

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I think everyone will be shocked, just shocked, to hear about more betrayals

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In case I die here, if anyone ever does make it to Riven, find the kids from the village in Rivenin I was defending when I was kidnapped and tell them it is because of Ciel and Pitzae that I am dead, and that my dying wish is for the kids to use the skills I taught them to avenge me by murdering the hell out of those two, thanks

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh and shocking no one it was Brodsky, forgot to put that out there

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

That's my current intention. Her plan last night to prevent a full scale war didn't work out. So now I want to try my approach.

I understand why everyone would disagree with this. I'm...trying to figure out how to prove good faith before, instead of after.

I still struggle to understand how "Stop the kidnapped Varbani from going home" was supposed to stop a war, but yall can try to explain that one to me once this is all over

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Allow my to clarify, before this was a siege, wait the Varbani out. A bad situation, yes.

Now. by linking in and taking the fight to their encampments, there will be chaos for both Ages.

She wants her people safe. I want the chochtic soldiers off Riven. These are not incompatible goals. Last night was...foolish.

As it turns out, the middle of the venn diagram of these two is just "chochtic soldiers leave Riven", because if they left there wouldn't be anyone to get hurt.

PREVIEW EDIT: This basically

Asiina posted:

Any mercy they show in the wars that they started are of absolutely no consequence.

You don't get to invade Ages, declare yourselves the ruler, and then act like your hand was forced when people aren't okay with that.

Want to prevent a war? Get the hell out of people's homes. It's easy.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

busb posted:

You know, there's probably a kernel of truth there. I find it hard to mourn someone so keen on destruction though.

If only we could all get along in peace... if only there was a way...

Like the invaders withdrawing their forces? What a novel concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hello the following people are missing and I am looking for information on their whereabouts and/or well-being:

*Keo
*Melia
*Lono

They are children and I presume they are on Riven somewhere although there's definitely a non-zero chance that they are not.

Thanks.