Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Hi everyone! I'm vanilla town. So if you're scum let me live so I can learn more about mafia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think it's an in joke that we don't understand.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Chic Trombone posted:

There's a good murder and bamboozle joke in this somewhere

What do you call a violent alcoholic?

A BAM boozel.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Chic is for sure not on my radar today. From what little experience I have making cases often just invites scrutiny and little else. So making the first case of the game is something I think is a town move.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

sniper4625 posted:

One day I will calibrate the correct setting between "lolk bandwagon" posting and "ok you made a good point here's a bunch of words" posting to arrive at "is not immediately posting scummy posting." I do think that pushback on the former leading to the latter isn't an obvious sign of scummery? But I'm necessarily biased here.

I don't think I understand what this sentence means.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think I will do this:

##vote Cpig

Cpig came out hard on Chic and I don't think it made much sense to do that. It also might have quelled future discussion.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Also I'm going to be put on warning today in all likelihood which is annoying, but so is half the game so it's probably not going to be a big problem.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Murmur Twin posted:

(Hello! Just want to check - is this your first SA mafia game? I don't think we've gamed together yet)

Can you explain how you think CPig casing Chic might have quelled future discussion? To me it seems like he was trying to jumpstart discussion in an otherwise quiet game.

Azure is on my radar at the moment as well but I'd be willing to give a newbie pass there.

I think that going aggressively after the only case on the table immediately makes people more reluctant to put out more cases because people going after you isn't very fun.

But even were that not true it's still just really weird to do that and then just try to shrug it off later.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Well it looks like we're in game 3 and that means that scum know what game we're in for sure now.

Also one town player will also know.

I don't know if this means anything though.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Okay. GX died last night and they thought this:

GeneX posted:

Sniper also looks like he's scrambling to defend himself in at least 3 different ways (d1 makes no sense, no one did anything yet anyway, I was actually just doing it for info, etc) with minimal pressure on him so hmm.

very tentative, mostly useless list:

town:
me (lol)

town-ish:
asiina (good call out of cpig)
cpig (good call out of chic)

?????? (extreme tentative town-lean):
Teland (participated in jokephase)

?????? (extreme tenative scum-lean):
Azurelana (not posting)
MMT (not posting, meta~)

scum-ish:
Chic (questionable case, knew about its questionable aspects)
sniper (oversensitivity in general)
Hal (aggressively biting at critics of a jokevote and requests for more jokevotes)

I didn't agree with this list, but I think we should probably consider the scum picks here? Which would be MMT, Myself, Chic and Hal.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

CapitalistPig posted:

This is just wifom because scum could easily have killed GX just to cast suspicion on the scum there.

However, in this instance I was already suspicious of chic and hal anyway so as it stands I'd vote either of them.

Asiina is pinging my gut but that's all it is.

Oh okay. I just thought it would be helpful to look at them since they died.

But I'm suspect of you for pushing sniper and then Chic was voting you but also kinda pushing onto sniper anyway as a backup.

It feels coordinated to me.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think I'm less suspicious of Teland and Hal because their votes on Sniper were motivated by a need for a flip at the end of day 1.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Hal Incandenza posted:

That’s a pretty fair read. I’m always vaguely suspicious of whoever survived at the deadline like this

I feel like it was a fairly clear survival? I don't really know since I was asleep for the actual hours, but it never seemed like Cpig was actualy going to be killed.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Murmur Twin posted:

Not trying to be Queen Callout or anything but we're seven hours from deadline, and Pig is the only person I can see besides myself who has made, like, alignment calls or cases or reads.

If you're town and reading this, please step up and :justpost:! I sympathize with it being a weekend and people being busy with real lives, but this is a team game and it's kind of a bummer when people aren't engaging with each other.

Right now, my order goes

Probably town: CPig
Lean town: Chic, Teland
Null: Azure
Lean scum: Hal
Probably scum: Asiina

Yeah but when I played scum a lot of the people were really active and made lots of cases! I even thought they were persuasive, but they were wrong.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean I have said multiple times that I was purposely acting scummy to get things moving in the game. Care to actually respond to that?

This seems like really simple cover for just, being scum?

I don't know if I'm being really stupid here, but if you can just say "I was being scummy on purpose" to get out of things then what's the point in this game?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Also it seems like a real waste to go after Asiina today because she hasn't posted at all.

I still think Cpig is better. It would tell us a lot about yesterday and today.

##vote Cpig

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Teland posted:

I thought one of the other four was more likely, but I was by no means eliminating an MMT/Cpig pair. MMT had asked me who I'm most suspicious of, and I thought listing every single player as a possibility wasn't answering the question, so I was trying to explain what seemed most likely to me. My reason for suspecting one of the other four over Cpig was in the first part of my post, when I talked about Hal and Azure. I admit I didn't have much on either of them, but I wasn't getting the Cpig case, so it was a matter of something against nothing.

That was then. Now the reason I don't particularly suspect Cpig is because I think they'd have to be paired with MMT, and MMT seems to be encouraging investigation. I also took note that you said pushing the case that hard on D1 isn't unusual behavior for MMT. If MMT and CPig were scum then you'd be town, so I'm trusting that assessment. I realize it's not a solid argument for the rest of you because I'm a potential scum pairing for Cpig, but that's my current reasoning.

Couldn't someone have just voted him and been away?

I mean in theory if I was scum and Cpig was scum and I'd gone to sleep then my vote would sit on him.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Teland posted:

Azurelana, is this what you were getting at earlier when you said you were suspicious of Chic for voting Cpig but also suspecting Sniper? You think they planned to switch their vote to Sniper but forgot?

It was just a gut feeling early on. I think there's an equal argument for Cpig just being confident that even at -1 he wasn't going to die.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you think he's scum?

I think so. I was never happy about the way he approached Chic on day 1. It's either an attack on someone that cools the game or collusion.

I think the scummy on purpose justification makes him look worse.

But if I'm wrong I think that the risk on the downside is not too bad.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I'm really sorry! I went out with some of my coworkers tonight and forgot about the game and it's midnight and I have to work and I'm too drunk to really think and I'll talk tomorrow!

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Okay. Well Asiina is at -1 now and nobody has hammered yet right?

So either both people on Asiina are scum and Asiina is town or Asiina is scum.

I think that's right?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
The three people on Cpig who are still alive were me, Hal and Asiina. Since I know I'm town this means at least one of these two is scum, since CPig was town and didn't vote himself and the only other person left is Chic.

So the angle I'm going to take is either voting Hal or Asiina at this point and leaving Chic for later.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Oh wait MMT as well. Aaaah numbers!

Okay so Hal and Asiina could both have been town as well. But I think it's probably quite unlikely that both scum players stayed off a vote on a town player?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Well we know we're in game B3 right?

If I understand town Neapolitan correctly that means that one of you two probably knows I'm vanilla town by now and the game's over right?

I don't understand what's up with the cloak and dagger?

Anyway, it's fast approaching my bedtime. I won't vote yet because there's probably something obvious I don't understand.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think that means that Chic must be scum then? Since she thinks I'm scum and there's no way the neapolitan could think that.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Oh, I died?

I was really looking forward to talking about the game this evening!

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I should have read the deaths better.

But I just completely missed that Teland was the Neapolitan that died! And reading the specchat I don't seem to know how it works either?

I don't really understand why posting a lot is town oriented though. It seemed much easier to post things when I played scum because I had my team suggesting ideas and helping me a lot.

I also don't really get why saying X is scum is helpful either when I don't know for sure, I always tried to show the reservations I had because I thought being as open as possible was important to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Okay.

I feel like almost all of that is completely backwards. If you get something wrong as town then not only do you kill a town player but you also die the next day because everyone swivels on you for being wrong.

I can't see why I'd want to post lots if I can't even voice doubts.

I might not play this game any more honestly. Playing scum is a lot of fun but vanilla town just makes me feel completely helpless.

Also the wiki here says that Neapolitan returns results for vanilla townies but it never says anything about vanilla scum. I think somebody should change the wiki or at least be consistent with it: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Neapolitan