Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Power Windows posted:

I will never, in the depths of my consciousness, understand what this company sees in Baron Corbin.

White and tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Power Windows posted:

I will never, in the depths of my consciousness, understand what this company sees in Baron Corbin.

This

I'd rather watch Giant Gonzalez then yet another Baron Corbin match but I love that WWE in their infinite wisdom is throwing so much behind such a lovely member of the huge roster they employ

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

They have a tall white dude they could be building RAW around who:

- cuts promos well
- has charisma
- is consistently a good-to-great worker
- has a great look
- is Drew McIntyre

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Drew must not be shaking the right dicks hands backstage

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Drew could be the new Roman right now but he Talks Funny™

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chris James 2 posted:

White and tall

He's not even that tell. Cass was taller.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

DarkstarIV posted:

Ronda sent out an instagram post claiming that she was fined again, and that her husband was banned from RAW after his actions last night.

This reads like a promo you would find in a 13 year old's fantasy federation. Now I hope if the MMA 4HW vs WWE 4HW feud ever kicks off, WWE somehow manages to work in the fact that Marina and Jessamyn were complete failures in the MMA world. Gotta continue that worked shoot somehow.

More like it sounds like something Ronda Rousey would actually write

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i'm never going to read a post by ronda or watch a vid, as i feel i've "got the gist" as it were

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sugar Blaster posted:

I don't know why y'all are complaining about Corbin. Remember when Ric Flair chose to face Carlito as his Wrestlemania retirement opponent? That turned out pretty okay for everyone.

That was a 5 month build to eventually end up with HBK. There are 2 weeks til Wrestlemania so this is not in any way the same.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i'm never going to read a post by ronda or watch a vid, as i feel i've "got the gist" as it were

Yeah at this point she's not going to stop being bad, dumb and sad

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Power Windows posted:

Has a signature move that should be a finisher with how good it looks.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

That DICK! posted:

You basically do.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Are they building to Ronda and Travis shoot fighting Becky and Charlotte at mania

Is that the point of any of this?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Drew must not be shaking the right dicks hands backstage

quote:

The word backstage last night is that Drew McIntyre worked this past weekend's live events and last night's Raw despite being pretty sick. Given the quality of the match against Seth Rollins last night, it’s pretty insane how good McIntyre was being that ill.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=124986

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
"love of my life Travis Browne" oh ok

there's an old saying about people in the gutter looking up at the stars, that right there is the exact loving opposite

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ah, shook too many hands

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Are they building to Ronda and Travis shoot fighting Becky and Charlotte at mania

Is that the point of any of this?

More like people just don’t like Travis so why not

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Angry Grimace posted:

Sami Zayn is another one of those guys where everyone is convinced that Vince absolutely hates him, but I just don't think so. Zayn's been booked in programs the entire time he's been on the main roster. If they don't like you, they don't give you programs at all.

Sami Zayn has had multiple months long stretches where he wasn't in any program and was barely on TV. Then when he was kept off the Greatest Royal Rumble because he runs a charity that gives medical attention to the young and infirm that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would prefer to be dead, they covered up his absence from the show by saying he suffered vertigo because of being suplexed by Bobby Lashley and making fun of said vertigo he had gotten from being suplexed by Bobby Lashley. So I'm really, really, really not interested in hearing about how much they like him.

Angry Grimace posted:

Raw is a TV show. The titles in and of themselves don't mean anything. It's fake.

I want to wrap this take up in a carpet, throw it in a van and drive it off a loving cliff. What do you think the One Ring is? Or the Death Star plans? Or the Dragon Balls, or the Infinity Stones or loving any stupid thing that the heroes are trying to get and/or keep from the villains in any fictional story. They're props meant to give stakes to the story and a goal for the characters so you can get invested in those characters and their journey to get the stupid thing. Of course the loving belts are fake, but when you treat them like they don't matter, they lose their ability to tell meaningful stories. When the tag belts are relentlessly treated like an afterthought, it doesn't really mean anything to me that Cesaro gets to keep winning them. Sure, it's better that he's on TV than sitting in catering ever week, but when Cesaro's doing poo poo like losing to a literal child or the boss' son, I really don't wanna hear that it's okay because he's on TV and has won the belts nobody cares about, because WWE kills my ability to get invested in them as props for telling stories by doing things like putting them on a literal child and the boss' son.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ronda is so cool though and wwe should lean further into how cool and intimidating she is because nothing makes me excited for wrestling like a cool person being tough

Becky/Ronda is gonna be a disaster

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Cage Kicker posted:

Drew could be the new Roman right now but he Talks Funny™

Well fine, Dijak then.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Who's ready to board the KOFITRAIN tonight?! :woop::woop::woop:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Drew is the Main event heater for Seth Rollins going into Wrestlemania and will probably be the first challenger to Seth following Wrestlemania in a feud that'll last months. He's in a pretty good spot.

Corbin is going to in all likelihood get absolutely destroyed by Angle in a breather match between the big matches.

The real person you should be feeling sorry for is Samoa Joe, who doesn't seem to have anything going on right now despite being one of the most consistently amazing performers in wrestling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonzo McFee posted:

Corbin is going to in all likelihood get absolutely destroyed by Angle in a breather match between the big matches.

You are going to be so disappointed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VJeff posted:

You are going to be so disappointed.

They're going to make Stone Cold the special guest ref and force a match that should be 60 seconds of the greatest hits of Angle be a thirty minute slog where Corbin gets the majority of offence and wins and nothing changes. Angle still retires despite wanting to have a proper retirement match against guys like Joe or Bryan. Corbin will immediately be jobbed out to a midcarder because he got filmed calling his dog a racial slur. Vince masturbates with the money he's donating to Trump.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

Drew is the Main event heater for Seth Rollins going into Wrestlemania and will probably be the first challenger to Seth following Wrestlemania in a feud that'll last months. He's in a pretty good spot.

That's assuming Seth wins.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Who's ready to board the KOFITRAIN tonight?! :woop::woop::woop:

S
O
S

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

That's assuming Seth wins.

A lot of what I said depends on WWE not booking like loving morons, I will admit that flaw.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Cavauro posted:

Now YOU are the boy whose skin falls off.

I'm kind of attached to my skin, Cavauro

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Kofi match will be cut for time despite being low on the card and Kofi will lose because this feud must continue.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

VJeff posted:

I want to wrap this take up in a carpet, throw it in a van and drive it off a loving cliff. What do you think the One Ring is? Or the Death Star plans? Or the Dragon Balls, or the Infinity Stones or loving any stupid thing that the heroes are trying to get and/or keep from the villains in any fictional story. They're props meant to give stakes to the story and a goal for the characters so you can get invested in those characters and their journey to get the stupid thing. Of course the loving belts are fake, but when you treat them like they don't matter, they lose their ability to tell meaningful stories. When the tag belts are relentlessly treated like an afterthought, it doesn't really mean anything to me that Cesaro gets to keep winning them. Sure, it's better that he's on TV than sitting in catering ever week, but when Cesaro's doing poo poo like losing to a literal child or the boss' son, I really don't wanna hear that it's okay because he's on TV and has won the belts nobody cares about, because WWE kills my ability to get invested in them as props for telling stories by doing things like putting them on a literal child and the boss' son.

Something about the brand split and having multiple versions of the same title have just made everything feel so devalued, especially when the WWE Championship stopped headlining PPVs.

I know the roster has ballooned, but having five sets of Tag Team Champions seems a bit insane in a company that largely doesn't care about tag team wrestling

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

The real person you should be feeling sorry for is Samoa Joe, who doesn't seem to have anything going on right now despite being one of the most consistently amazing performers in wrestling.

Seth isn't winning the title

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

CarlCX posted:

I'm kind of attached to my skin, Cavauro

you should have thought about that when you said the scoop

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

VJeff posted:

Sami Zayn has had multiple months long stretches where he wasn't in any program and was barely on TV. Then when he was kept off the Greatest Royal Rumble because he runs a charity that gives medical attention to the young and infirm that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would prefer to be dead, they covered up his absence from the show by saying he suffered vertigo because of being suplexed by Bobby Lashley and making fun of said vertigo he had gotten from being suplexed by Bobby Lashley. So I'm really, really, really not interested in hearing about how much they like him.

I'm comfortable in you having a different take on those things. I didn't bring it up because I don't find your take on it interesting or valid. I mean, you don't know me, so I don't expect you to trust me on it, but I'm not bringing up points for the purpose of saying your take is wrong or to be a contrarian, I just want to discuss different perspectives on it as long as they aren't obviously disingenuous, e.g. "Dave Meltzer secretly is working for AEW" or something.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 19, 2019

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kofi is going to win every match and then kick Vince McMahon into a garbage truck.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm comfortable in you having a different take on those things. I didn't bring it up because I don't find your take on it interesting or valid.

I like that you edited this to try to sound less smug than the original version I saw but it ended up sounding more smug somehow

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I like that you edited this to try to sound less smug than the original version I saw but it ended up sounding more smug somehow

It's not, though. At least it wasn't intended to be that way. I think you're just accustomed to being people being disingenuous to the point of reading everything as sarcasm. I think the discussion is interesting. My take on this TV show isn't more valid than anyone else's for the most part.

I will freely admit I tend to find things more entertaining than most people do. I also end up being wrong a pretty healthy percentage of the time. It's fine.

Gonz posted:

Kofi is going to win every match and then kick Vince McMahon into a garbage truck.

Sting riding the truck

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 19, 2019

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Kofi is going to win every match by DQ because people will keep attacking him.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

Kofi is going to win every match by DQ because people will keep attacking him.

Galaxy Brain: Xavier and Big E stand outside the ring and beat the poo poo out of Kofi every time someone enters to game the system

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Eric Angle charged with simple assault after picking a kid up by the neck and throwing him down at a wrestling meet.

https://deadspin.com/eric-angle-charged-with-assault-after-lifting-youth-wre-1833403121/amp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wasn't he in jail for murder?