Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

onsetOutsider posted:

yami's right, you kind of just said that toal

A chain lynch is saying 'if we kill x today and they're town, we should kill y tomorrow'.

What I referred to as a multi-lynch, the plurality lynch, is a whole other thing. Yami should know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Here you go putting words in people's mouth and you wonder why you look scummy. Defending a scumbro is just one possibility, pocketing a townie is another. Maybe Jimmy is town and you as scum know he's town, so that's why you know the case is bad. Lets you look all nice and involved casing someone new instead of just lazy-voting Jimmy.

I really don't like how you're pushing the idea that you can only be cased if Jimmy is a scumbro you're defending. You're not scummy for defending Jimmy, Jimmy's alignment doesn't even matter when you already look plenty scummy enough for how you made your case against Yami.

##vote Toal

prolly not moving my vote anymore

Yami Fenrir posted:

All in all this reads to me as a BAD, BAD attack on a case in an attempt to protect a scumbuddy. However, I am willing to entertain the idea of Jimmy being scummed.

Here's the literal wording in Yami's case.

Hope it helps bif!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, I did see that cause I went to go look again but I still really don't like how Toal is framing everything up like the case is only worthwhile if Yami's right about Toal AND Jimmy. I'm feeling more like Jimmy is town, he was just the first thing to get anything close to a serious case, so Toal decided to ride on in and use that to attack Yami.

It always drives me up the wall when people get all up in arms about the literal first cases of D1 being bad, like that earns them any cred at all

Nice sidestep with reasons that weren't apart of the original post and digging in bif!

Because scum might be giving up the possibility of a plurality lunch, I think that scumteam is probably... Bif, Yami, and DB.

I think Bif interjected to purposefully shift the conversation off of Yami ignoring the definitions of pretty basic mafia terms to try and poke holes in my case.

If Onset is scum he's at least playing with me and I appreciate it but right now it sort of comes across as townie.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

you think a lotta things

I had you FOS'd before in Suffusion, I'm pretty sure you're more helpful and less dramatic as town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Here's the literal wording in Yami's case.

Hope it helps bif!

Running into thread to vote me for a reason that was immediately debunked by two players.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

\/o\/there are 4-5 scum players probably in thread and we're 2 hours out from deadline. 1/3 of town isn't playing, I'm town. I'm just making connections Bif.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I'm here. Just watching how things play out

What do you think of my critique of Yami's original case?

Am I unreasonable for being pinged by it?

Is Yami right for voting me for casing him?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

and what is this, vote somebody or give an opinion on something would ya

This is why I'm coming down so hard on your Yami case, Toal. gently caress all was happening almost day except some people starting to pile on Jimmy but instead of seeing that as a problem with the rest of the thread doing jack poo poo, you came down on the one guy who got that tiny pittance of D1 content even started. Yami actually trying to case somebody D1 even though the cases still suck doesn't make him scummy, on the contrary it is a very townie thing to do.

Yeah but I think it came from a scummy mindset.

I've explained why putting in effort and casing people as scum is good, and that case on Jimmy is the perfect scum case to make on town. Casing people as scum means that the vote doesn't swing onto a scum by accident late game.

It doesn't explain why Jimmy is scummy, only insinuates that Jimmy is scum for ~*~ reasons ~*~. that he doesn't explain very well, being hedgy about pushing a button is not scummy.

It's worth noting that you're also voting the person who's putting a sizable amount of effort into the game, playing mafia. So that point doesn't really track well.

Why is my effort bad and Yami's effort good?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'll be more clear, if you actually thought not voting people who put in effort is a valid point then you would probably look at Yami and I and call it a town slap fight.

You don't think that because I assume you have some vested interest in not reading the game in a natural way.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I may as well get this out of the way ##vig Onset

You are the person I've most been waffeling on. I also found your post to AA incredibly ride so maybe this is partially OMGUS.

:eyepop:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

You raise the gun and pull the trigger. Surprisingly, it fires correctly!

onsetOutsider, Scum Goon + Mystic + Vigoroso, has been vigged!

Okay can we kill yamii or db for that clear scum interaction I immediately called.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

What a scum interaction between DB and Onset. Both posted to caution away from button pushing... as if they don't want town to inviggin themselves. Both don't push button.... as if they're not able to.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If Dancer day cops me or Yami or DB we would get a TON of info that would drastically increase our chances of hitting scum atm.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

seriously though wtf is Dancer's deal

rolled scum probably

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Could someone at least tie DB and I?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I feel better about Toal being town because I feel Yami and OO were cheerleading that cuddle

Yeah I'd still be willing to do Yami, ideally I just want to wait until someone else is on him because there's no reason to risk multi lunches on town.

I pointed out earlier that OO was playing nice with me, but it was very much in the 'this player's flipping town and end of day I wont be convinced and vote Toal.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

wait which cuddle? You don't mean the Toal cuddle do you, cause OO was just sticking up for Toal saying how they were making more sense

OO was supporting me, but earlier was voting with Yami and also obviously hedging and undermining my case while voting someone who had no discussion around them (you).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Scum narrative:

extremely KB voice: :henget:

I pointed out their scum interactions during the day, in regards to out of thread OO knowledge, and scum creating a narrative where I would seem outraged to undermine people's ability to trust my casing.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I would be happy with Yami or DB to be clear and I think I caught them both with obvious early scum interactions.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

tbf you kinda did end up sounding outraged later though :v:

(it worked and if yami flips scum I'll be really mad at him for immediately throwing something I feel very frustrated about in my face in his first post this game)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

They and them please,

But I was referring with the whole 'preemptively trying to stop toal from going insane like last game' bit.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

First interaction is with Onset. Notably we know nothing about what came out of this question?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Onset do you want something cool?

I suggest this:

Toalpaz posted:

Daycop DB or Onset I guarantee we're getting a scum result

Yami runs interference:

Yami Fenrir posted:

How about we daycop toal instead so we know if we should lynch them when they start going insane again

I point out the connections between these three players here:

Toalpaz posted:

So db, yami, and onset? Ok.

Yami Fenrir posted:

You really are grasping at straws here.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm sorry, I was too busy trying to prevent the exact same thing as last game happening to toal, lunching me, which he ironically wants to lunch me over.

I'll get to you in a moment, have this as an apology.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The reason why I think Yami and Onset relied on the 'toal is irrational' type of defense is because I based my early content on gut reads of early scum interactions, and that's hard to attack with words and logic.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think we might hit scum with DB too. Might be too risky if some funny person comes and drops a vote on me. But I'm here.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

we got one scum, and I'm pretty sure there's a connection between Yami, DB, and Onset. I'm fine with this. Lets not risk it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I gave Sal a vig last night.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Will you shoot Yami today Sal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##push button

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Sure. Right now or later?

I guess I do want to see Yami check in, but I was just making sure you got it. Its unreliable right? So sooner is better than later so we can plan the day I guess.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The 'gunsmith' ability I got actually says it doesn't tell you it's a unreliable vig, but my ability lets me know. It might not work out.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

uhhh... like it could blow up in his face kind of unreliable?

It has a variable chance of success is what it says.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

apologies, I have fixed my typo in the post with an edit, I will now modkill myself

goonspeed mod goonspeed. :patriot:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

So how about that British Empire hey, I bet back in the old days, they had stuff like Count Duckula and Danger Mouse playing on every channel

I used to find the characters with especially thick accents on those shows totally incomprehensible as a kid, but maybe if they'd been aired more often I would've got the hang of it, so there! My life would have been so much improved.

:britain:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:pray:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami had the chance to check in, it's like the afternoon for them now.

I just hope that means that the case is real/they're trying to focus on stopping us from making connections.

I think Dancer is being incredibly suspicious atm too fyi. Waiting to see how the vig resolves I guess.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

For those that had abilities were they forced to be used at night?

My ability says that I can use it. I don't have to. It seems like the one shots are up to players discretion when to use it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oh wow you shot Yami early in the morning, I see.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

AA Dancer Nep Nep are the most suspect in my mind assuming there's a bunch of scum left. I would look at votes again and check out if there really was a multi lynch being set up via plurality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I also gave Sal another vig? If I was scum why not silently hand it to a team mate.