Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Hmm.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SolusLunes posted:

is this a signup or are you just trying to push the button as an outsider

##push button

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SolusLunes posted:

because if you're trying to push the button, you wound me

you're all better than that, nobody should push the button

Yami Fenrir posted:

##push button

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Can i push the button yet? I want to push the button.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yolo

##push button

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Onset do you want something cool?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

onsetOutsider posted:

no it sounds like you just got crabs, dont spread them to me

Too late

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

How about we daycop toal instead so we know if we should lynch them when they start going insane again

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

So db, yami, and onset? Ok.

You really are grasping at straws here.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

hey wait Yami isn't going on about his eternal rivalry with me or trying to get sempai to notice him, this is suspicious

##vote yami

I'm sorry, I was too busy trying to prevent the exact same thing as last game happening to toal, lunching me, which he ironically wants to lunch me over.

I'll get to you in a moment, have this as an apology.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bif how about we do that thing where you team up with your rival and discover the true meaning of friendship

Only to forget it again next episode

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I prefer non-gimmick AA to gimmick AA, tbh.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

You are plenty mad without the gimmick, AA. Just easier to read.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

extremely KB voice: :henget:

All I'm saying is that you went on a setup spec and night action bingo rampage and revealed most town roles to scum before getting lunched in pokeman and maybe we should prevent the same from happening again.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

onsetOutsider posted:

so what youre saying is this is how toal acts when theyre town aligned?

Toal's posts transcend alignment. From what I've seen they've posted ridiculously scummy stuff as both town and, well, scum.

This time I feel they're maybe a bit too jumpy, though.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

I dont wanna push the you can't make me you're not my dad :colbert:

You will receive candy if you push the button. I received candy.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

jimmydalad posted:

I can't tell if it's more suspicious to push or not push the button.

If you're not sure if you should push a button in a game called push button, you need to rethink your life choices.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

... your point being?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

First you're saying it's suspicious, now you're just scared.

Who would be scared of pushing the button while also trying to shade people pushing the button?

Scum, that's who.

##vote jimmydalad

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

anyway, off to sleep. Have fun pushing the button.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

My vote on jimmy isn't a joke vote, fyi. It's not the best case, but given D1, I'm willing to go with this.

What's pinging my about jimmy is the following posts:

jimmydalad posted:

I can't tell if it's more suspicious to push or not push the button.

Empty shadethrowing, also the way it flows into his next posts when I make a joke about it don't sit right with me.

jimmydalad posted:

I mean, the button did just kill someone. :shrug:

jimmydalad posted:

I ain't the type to succumb to peer pressure. At least not just yet.

I feel like this is overly defensive about not pushing the button, especially after 'wondering what's more suspicious'. Given the fact that scum is naturally more hesitant to push the button, as they don't want to risk losing one of their own, this is suspicious to me.

jimmydalad posted:

I ain't gonna press the button. Town's loss if you wanna vig me

This post doesn't help either. Neither do the rest of jimmy's posts - they're either defending themselves or chaff. Could be scum trying to lay low.

Either way, my vote is staying where it is.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also we do have a lurker mechanic of some sort according to OP, which I feel like is a much better way of dealing with someone that posted literally nothing so far? (OMG, that is)

Voting for them seems kind of wasteful?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

This is a good clarification, though I don't agree that it's necessarily a fact that scum would be more hesitant to push the button. At first it appeared safe and early on looked like an easy grab for additional abilities. We have now seen a death as a result but it was from someone who chose to button as much as possible. I don't particularly fear the button and my reason for not pressing it up to this point is fairly goofy.

I don't mind your goofiness around the button.

Also keep in mind that jimmy's post happened after the death (pretty much all of them from what I can tell? They were clearly posting with the knowledge that the button can kill people).

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Scum will aggressively pursue lazy town lunches to ensure that the lunch choice doesn't swing around onto one of their members day 1. Look at how easily Jimmy gained 4 votes when the first one was placed. There's no reason for Yami to exclusively look at Jimmy or case Jimmy, the extent of their case is that Jimmy is lurking. All in all it seems like it's an attempt to force a low info lunch on someone who doesn't look like they'll fight back.

Did you actually read a single word of my case before deciding im scum and writing this post? Jimmy lurking is at best an off tangent in my case to state that they knew the button can kill.

This smells like scum toal rn. Sal doesnt look great either but i need to go sleep so i cant look at them.

Speaking of which, i wont be able to make deadline. Ill have a moment before heading to work and then during lunch break to post, but thats all.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

So I slept on it and after reading Toal's new content, I came to the following conclusion.

The conclusion being that I refuse to believe toal is this goddamn dense.

Toalpaz posted:

Scum will aggressively pursue lazy town lunches to ensure that the lunch choice doesn't swing around onto one of their members day 1. Look at how easily Jimmy gained 4 votes when the first one was placed. There's no reason for Yami to exclusively look at Jimmy or case Jimmy, the extent of their case is that Jimmy is lurking. All in all it seems like it's an attempt to force a low info lunch on someone who doesn't look like they'll fight back.

As stated previously, this is an INCREDIBLY bad attack on my case. Not only does Toal accuse me of pushing a lurker, which I wasn't (Jimmy had less than 10 posts but it was still far from deadline), it also claims it's a low info lunch - which it ALSO is not.

My case was centered around Jimmy's cageyness, which should have been clear to anyone who actually read the drat thing. Like, say, Bif, who did and explains it to toal.

To which Toal's response is:

Toalpaz posted:

It isn't decent to case someone over whether or not they push button. Button doesn't seem to have any impact on alignment.

We have a player in the game (onset) who can literally make Jimmy push button, and case should evaporate. It's an empty case, not designed to catch scum.

Once again misrepresenting my case. It wasn't about pushing or not pushing the button, it was about the cageyness involved that is often a scumtell. Calling the case empty is bogus.

Instead of re-reading me or admitting that my case isn't nearly as scummy as he claims it is despite being told this from multiple people, Toal doubles down on it:

Toalpaz posted:

Sal please vig Yami or onset it would make me feel very happy.

Toalpaz posted:

Killing Yami is the only way we hit scum, that case is fake.

You cannot possibly be this certain that the first person writing a case at all day 1 is scum to demand their vigging. Especially after being told you were wrong multiple times. I am willing to believe that Sal misread the vote target, at least for now. Note how they aren't even trying to properly attack my case anymore - it's just "empty this, fake that" without actually engaging with the content of my case, which was Jimmy's cageyness at all.

All in all this reads to me as a BAD, BAD attack on a case in an attempt to protect a scumbuddy. However, I am willing to entertain the idea of Jimmy being scummed.

Toal's factually wrong attack on my case, complete with the unwillingness to back down from it, looks pretty bad to me regardless or not of Jimmy's alignment, however.

Come to think of it, they also were almost violently opposed to the suggestion of being daycopped earlier.

Toalpaz posted:

So db, yami, and onset? Ok.

In response to me suggesting we daycop Toal, mostly because they keep getting mislunched lately. Given that it happened AGAIN the previous game, I would think that toal wouldn't be as opposed to the idea, but maybe that's just my personal way of thinking. Why are you so opposed to the idea of being daycopped, Toal?

Do you have something to hide, Toal? I know I don't, I have nothing to hide.

As such:

##vote Toalpaz

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Other than that, Dancer flaunting his daycop and then waiting on it seems a bit odd to me. Given that the thing is already public, and most likely nothing can be done to stop a daycop, I personally wouldn't risk dying without seeing it used.

I personally am not getting pinged by Dancer that much because I've seen him do weird stuff before, but it's something I want to point out.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway, off to work for me. As mentioned previously, deadline is during work (roughly 3-4 pm my time, I believe) so I won't be around. I should hopefully be able to check in during lunch break, but internet is spotty on my phone while at work, so no promises.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Okay I didn't do a point by point re-read of your case and assumed town could read through your case and come to the conclusion you were faking content themselves.

Jimmy doesn't sound scared in the post. That's not a good point.

Why would scum be scared of pushing button, as far as we know it gives them powers. If scum team is any good, they can cross reference their powers to know every power role town has. Thus controlling how powers are used in thread and knowning who to kill at night. This game seems skewed in scum's favour given that scum know the people with PR's and also can convince town to vig themselves.

There's no argument in this post for why it's scummy to hedge about pushing the button or not. You're inviting the reader to make up their own reasons that 'make sense'. You don't have a real argument that Jimmy is scum here.

Calling that jimmy post 'throw shading' is a stretch.

Scum shouldn't be naturally more hesitant to press a button. It hands out PR's. There's nothing 'shady' about not pushing a button. It's not optimal for town, but certainly isn't good for scum considering they could literally roll vig and vig a town PR.

Jimmy defending his weird choice to not press button is expected, if people keep asking about why he's acting weirdly. Jimmy does not seem to be laying low.

There, I've gone over your case and it's poo poo. Hope this helps you develop as a player and a mod.

Why would scum be scared of pushing the button?

Oh idk maybe because it can kill them? And that hurts them far more than town losing a townie?

I am on phone so i cant doublecheck your exact words in the post. The one thing i will give you is that calling it shade throwing may be a bit much. However it segways incredibly awkwardly to response to my poke and makes the response seem self conscious.

As most of the things you wrote in response, your accusation of setting up a chain lynch is bogus. I specifically said that i am willing to entertain the idea of jimmy being town, especially since i already said the jimmy case was fairly weak myself.

As i already said, your push on me is pretty drat suspicious especially considering how you keep trying to pretend its doing things its not. The jimmy case is not a lurker lynch. Its not about the button. It's about jimmys behavior. It is a weak case but its most certainly not fake or poo poo or whatever you claim ot to be.

Speaking about behavior, unlike me, you seem dead set on me being scum and will not accept any other alternative, discussion and facts be damned. That is not town behavior.

Lastly, the last line is really close to a personal attack, and pretty much uncalled for. I recommend you chill out a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

watch how onset, yami, and nep nep have positioned themselves leaving extra frivolous votes around deadline on other people.

Yami and nep nep unvoted leaving dacer vote on jimmy near deadline, and voted someone to put them at 2 where they would only have to unvote.

Look how onset voted bif without casing her to push her to 1 near deadline.

Be mindful of AA's shade throw at DB near deadline.

Don't forget scum are trying to set up a multi lunch town.

Here. Anyway back to work for me.