Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
I didn't think you'd really just leave 10 minutes on mute after done with your rant but I was wrong and for that I have to applaud you.

Also lol that guy mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I was playing Grim Dawn while listening to this and at the end of the video, my cats stood up and applauded. 13/10, would listen to tirade again

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
God I forgot what day it was and you got me.

Well played.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I gotta ask was that tirade written out at all or just pure fountain of rage?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Completely unscripted. I spend more time thinking about how bad diablo 3 is than any man should.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

this LP is a work of art

:five:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 3

Happy Tuesday and also April 2nd.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agent355 posted:

Completely unscripted. I spend more time thinking about how bad diablo 3 is than any man should.

Impressive

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
You leave that stick where it is, but go back to check on it and upset the stick lovers.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Find some place to throw the stick where it becomes 100% irretrievable.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Good April Fool's day joke! I knew that in reality you actually love Diablo 3 and all Blizzard properties equally.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The April 1st post was unironically one of the best LP videos you've made and I hope it stays on youtube.

I too am unbelievably excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and can't wait for CD Project Red to steal Fallout's mantle. Given their background and what we know so far I can't see any way it won't be an incredible game.

About skill trees and respecs, the best argument against them I can think of was Asheron's Call. The game had an unbelievably huge world and would take hours to walk from place to place. Item Magic let you teleport. If you made a mistake and didn't take Item Magic relatively early in the game you were locked out of most of the mid to high end content for literal days of /played time, and getting around the world was just miserable since you were reliant on the kindness of others to teleport you around.

Without a way to respec a lot of people just couln't take it and re-rolled very deep into the game, or just quit.

Chuu fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 3, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
You monsters. We need that stick!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

In a workld of no respecs, junk talents are completely awful. I still remember when WoW had 50 gold respecs.

Or say with weapon specific talents where you lose a huge chunk of effectiveness when you get a new item of the wrong type. Some people enjoy spending hours on the forums etc making their perfect character. Many others prefer being able to try new things as the loot gods provide.

Vote #1 Stick

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

I'm too old and don't have time to play hours of video games to get to the part of the game that's fun, unfortunately
That being said, I vote -1 stick. Leave it for the next victim of the pain shrine

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I just want you all to appreciate how hard I'm fighting not to effort post about diablo 3 even though i literally just made a joke episode where I mocked myself for complaining about diablo 3 too much.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
DIYC

E: D3 or stick.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 3, 2019

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agent355 posted:

I just want you all to appreciate how hard I'm fighting not to effort post about diablo 3 even though i literally just made a joke episode where I mocked myself for complaining about diablo 3 too much.

It is ... a pretty good game :devil:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Agent355 posted:

Diablo 3 - I hope you like random stat rares
because you won't see anything else!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Pickup the stick so you can throw it into a deeper hole.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Pick up the stick but only to throw it at the next wolf you see.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Try to get the final hit on the final boss using the stick.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Edwhirl posted:

Pick up the stick but only to throw it at the next wolf you see.

This.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ousire posted:

Try to get the final hit on the final boss using the stick.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I joined the forums to tell you to pick up the stick.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
get out if you're j4s

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

J4s are well meaning people, even if annoying. Give them a chance to gently caress up and get banned multiple times to feed Lowtaxes spinecare fetish

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Chuu posted:

The April 1st post was unironically one of the best LP videos you've made and I hope it stays on youtube.

I too am unbelievably excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and can't wait for CD Project Red to steal Fallout's mantle. Given their background and what we know so far I can't see any way it won't be an incredible game.

About skill trees and respecs, the best argument against them I can think of was Asheron's Call. The game had an unbelievably huge world and would take hours to walk from place to place. Item Magic let you teleport. If you made a mistake and didn't take Item Magic relatively early in the game you were locked out of most of the mid to high end content for literal days of /played time, and getting around the world was just miserable since you were reliant on the kindness of others to teleport you around.

Without a way to respec a lot of people just couln't take it and re-rolled very deep into the game, or just quit.

Let me tell you about the f2p MMOs I've played where respecs cost actual real USD. Hell, one of them charged you money PER POINT. It was bad.

I also vote to bring the stick with you in increasingly humorous ways.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

pick up the stick DON'T PICK UP THE STICK

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Voting to pick up all torches too. Kill final boss by throwing torches

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
If we're going to kill the final boss by throwing something funny at it, there's really only one option...

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

:colbert:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 4

:frog: It's Monday my dudes.

Azure Dreamer
Oct 14, 2012

wearing sunglasses makes me a cool kid
so what you're saying is that you need to make more alexa jokes.

also i am 100% behind forcing moz to get an account. waste that ten bucks. just throw it in the trash.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Pick up the stick and give :10bux: to the spine god

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Third vote to make Moz buy an account.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Make the stick the new co-commentator.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

"Scoots takes more points to get rolling, but once he does, he'll be more useful than everyone else." Yep, that sounds like a Skink.

Also, yes, we should bully Moz into getting an account.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Don't let new people play DnD, move on.

Edit: Maws is gonna be a Join for Stick, huh

Cassa fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Man, hearing you guys talk about Toorum makes me sad again that they didn't implement an equivalent to Toorum mode for Grimrock 2.