Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought the rock thing was XV

I seem to recall watching a video of an artist working on XV taking pictures of a rock and then rendering them in 3D. It did seem like a lot of effort for a rock but I don't know if it took them 3 days to do.
Edit: There's also this video, which isn't the one I saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwng-2-IWEQ

Eighties ZomCom fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Basically I want to dress Cloud as Lightning.

Makes sense, considering Lightning is female Cloud, should allow things to go full circle and have Cloud dress as Lightning.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Have him dress up as Lightning instead.
I wonder if they're also going to include other cut material, like the role of Summon materia that was alluded to in a cut conversation between Sephiroth and Aeris in the Temple of the Ancients, if they ever get that episode in the next 20 years that is.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Also in some of them if you get back attacked you can try running away, then cancel it and your party will be facing the enemies. I don't know if that improves defense though.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Kanfy posted:

The technical issues with FFVIII reminds me that to this day amongst its other issues the FFIX port still has no idea how to deal with widescreen in some story scenes, off-screen characters just hang out in the void.

Mildly harmful to immersion.

Just think of IX as a stage play to help with your immersion.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Hopefully they announce that there's voice acting soundtracks that allow you to choose between Aeris and Aerith.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Didn't show Cloud in a dress smh.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Rhonne posted:

They can't show all the game's best moments in a trailer.

But can you still throw barrels onto Shinra soldiers/Aeri(s)th??? This is important.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

He's the best looking guy in the room.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Pray tell, Mega64. I am but a humble forumsgoer, and I am wondering exactly what you mean by that Cait Sith comment? Surely they would not replace him with an entirely different character for no good reason, to the chagrin and humor of many an internet user?

:shepicide:

Iscar Matthias confirmed.

OhFunny posted:

I hope Cloud's dress is an equipable item you can keep. Want Cloud to look his prettiest on his date with Barrent at the Gold Saucer.

Only if Barret gets to wear his sailor costume.

Mega64 posted:

If SE really wants to profit from FF7R then Cloud's dresses will be DLC.

I'm already upset it's not a costume option in Smash.

Have the DLC costumes from characters from other FF games, except Cloud gets to wear all the female costumes too only.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Augus posted:

when in the trailer was Iscar Matthias confirmed?

He's the guy chasing them on the motorcycle. :shepface:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Schwartzcough posted:

The area outside the church where they fight Rude is too drat sunny for the slums under that *&$@% pizza! Immersion ruined.

....Looks decent otherwise, though.

It could be Aerith's house. That was pretty sunny and had a little garden and waterfall.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Whalley posted:

FF8's Triple Triad song.

dwONGA dwONGA dwONGA dwONGA dwONGA dwONGA
clap clap
clap

FFX-2's Chocobo Theme.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

I don't think X-2 is far from a good game, just needs some mild edits. Trim a lot of downtime stuff and rebalance some of the combat (especially in re: cast bars or sometimes no cast bars).

Maybe move around some garment grid locations so you don't get ones that are for abilities you don't even have yet.

And stick in a proper Chocobo Theme instead of the abomination we got.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Drephere

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Mega64 posted:

FFX-2 is about one man's epic journey to gently caress his cousin.

Why is Rikku's brother named Brother anyway?

And isn't he older than Rikku? So what was he called before Rikku was born?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Terper posted:

Wow are we gonna scratch our heads when Cloud professes his undying and eternal love for Barrett in an unavoidable scene at the end of FF7R.

FTFY

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

They should do a Chrono Cross remake instead of continuing with the FVII remake.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Gripweed posted:

What the gently caress, is Balthier wearing open backed shoes?

It was something I only noticed when I got that set in FFXIV.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I remember liking Vagrant Story when playing it on the PSP, but I didn't pay too much attention to the weapon augmentation system and ended up getting stuck on that goddamn chicken boss because the only weapon I had that did the elemental damage was way too slow I didn't want to go respeccing a different one so I just gave up.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it came out to the Switch though.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

If you want to find horny npcs in FFXIV, all you have to do is talk to Hoary Boulder and Aenor after every major plot development.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I think XVI looks good. Not buy a PS5 good but decent looking. I'll just wait for it to eventually come out on the pc.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Clive is a perfectly good name.
Especially when it's going to be pronounced as Cleave. :unsmigghh:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Fell Clive

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

stev posted:

I love the idea that people could basically have anything they want if they wished hard enough for it - and in almost all cases what they want is a big death machine, king or deity to worship.

Which makes good ol' Greg the most responsible summoner since all he wished for was his friend :3:.

Eighties ZomCom fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

If this is supposed to be based on FF1 then there should be a fourth WoL who could be a woman.