Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

are cmll and aaa indies they're family owned and operated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

KungFu Grip posted:

there is no ethical consumption when wrestling is involved

are you saying maricela peņa and paco alonso are shady

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What does AAW stand for

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

shiksa posted:

I think it originally stood for "all American wrestling" but now it's like KFC or wwe where the acronym isn't supposed to mean anything anymore.

All Alite Wrestling

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

The best part of Spring Break last year was the death match.

Would have been better had they shown the finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I Before E posted:

A: Chris Dickinson
B: The general mix of elements of the modern indies is best shown through Joey Janela's Spring Break, which is currently on IWTV. You have the early 2000s workrate style match in Keith Lee/Lio Rush, the meta nostalgia booking style in Janela/Janetty, the worked shoot wave in Riddle/Severn, classic deathmatch wrestling in Tremont/Kingston, and post-death of Chikara comedy wrestling in the Clusterfuck. All of those are still around to some degree, but some promotions have more of certain elements than others.

i have heard multiple places about the return of shoot style wrestling

besides bloodsport where are these matches

i'm not being sarcastic i legitimately want to know