Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

syzpid posted:

The most important question, is NWA dead or alive?

In The Kingdom Of Jocephus there is eternal life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SMH that May can't come to a deal that saves the Scottish indies

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

My favorite version of that is the NJPW post match interview, which WWE actually tried to do a while back. Just a few comments after the match, but it allows for so much (ex. ZSJ's post match comments during the 2018 New Japan Cup, Tanahashi's comments after the MSG show)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Punk was actually Pentagon this entire time

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

cm punk was killshot on lucha underground

That's problematic of him

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Also if Ambrose doesn't do at least one CZW date i riot

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ambrose vs Takeda, book it bad boy

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

A few years ago on a podcast he got defensive about being allowed to misgender trans people. I’ve long since forgot the source but it was pretty gross and the host apologized the next week. Bad man!

I would hope he's evolved on that issue in the intervening years but I don't know if they book him there

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

I think NienNumb died midway through posting.

If only that Evolve joke was bad enough to kill

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Elite showing up unannounced and declaring some new signings is probably a bit out there as a prediction, but anything can happen in the Vortex

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

Is there an Evolve thread? Is this the Evolve thread? I wanted somewhere to laugh because I keep getting their newsletters and all their show promotion is built around WWE guys now.

Yeah, there's an NXT thread

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

He's a nazi?

He says he rejects all supremacies but he's got a nonzero number of Nazi tats so reports vary

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

List of the worst wrestlers on the planet:

#1: Sami Callihan
#2: Super Pinocho
#3: Super Muneco
#4: Jimmy Havoc
#5: Bray Wyatt

What about Holocausto

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

drat, I haven't seen someone transmit HIV to that many Hoosiers since Mike Pence

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chris Dickinson is the first one that came to mind

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm excited for whatever the shoot style version of the Cobra ends up being

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

J-Ro posted:

Great news everybody (with an IWTV account):

https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/1168590245455175680

I've been thinking of getting this service so I can see Zona 23, what's the selection like outside of Angel O Demonio?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Finally took the iwtv plunge and the first thing I watched was a ten year old ian rotten match where he beats a 20 year old Juice Robinson with the death rider

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This show loving rules, Gangrel/Cassidy was exactly what it should have been.

I assume all the GCW guys can be regularly seen in GCW, what's the best way to see more Effy? He's really impressing me in this main.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

I don’t know much about wrestling but I just served Juventud Guerrero and he’s an absolutely abysmal tipper.

You must not be one of the Juicy People.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If you've ever wanted to make a professional wrestler suffer, AIW legend Alex Worldwide Kellar is doing squats for Bernie

https://twitter.com/TheTowerSkin/status/1212092985158066176?s=19

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

hulkamatt and i were 50/50 on going to that show, he looked up the card, and we were both sold on gangrel vs orange cassidy

That match is almost the best match on the card

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1215648403184594945?s=19

Sonny Kiss announced for the Effy produce show mania weekend

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If Gage can't leave the country, he's got a friend in the Pazuzu Projects ready to bite into Beef Block.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

God drat

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

syzpid posted:

Curious, is Warhorse actually good? I'm enjoying his twitter schtick, but haven't seen him wrestle.

His match with Kylie Rae from the latest BLP show was pretty good, check it out if you have IWTV

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

That policy is because they wouldn’t be able to use ROH or AEW talent if they did that.

I know that applies to ROH talent but are you sure about AEW talent? They seem to be working for streaming promotions just fine.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Just checked, and it's a Fusion taping with a fancier name

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

What's the rest of the lineup and how can I give them money now to watch from my laptop or phone?

Ospreay and Alex Shelley have been announced, I think Shelley and Deppen are having a match but I don't think it's been made official yet

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ospreay vs Shlak is the dream match

Give us Five Star Shlak

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

Rule the penis mans rear end warhorse.

Different Joey

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bushmeister posted:

what the gently caress is Danhausen and why do I love him so much

He's like Svengoolie but for wrestling

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IWTV is also doing weekday marathons

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If someone were to take advantage of the PWG BluRay sale to feed their recently reignited interest in pro wrestling, does anybody have any slam dunk suggestions? Barring outside input, was probably going to go with this year’s BOLA and the show where Chuck Taylor wins the title based on how Excalibur talked about that pop on Talk is Jericho.

The 2014 BOLA is probably your best bet as BOLA shows go, with whichever night ACH/Omega is on (night 2 I think) being the highlight.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

just lmao if you don't want nick gage vs. john cena at wrestlemania

Like any decent person I want Cena vs Gage in the GCW Undisclosed Location Backyard

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shlak rejected Nazism to become something even worse: a centrist.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

In the lull of wrestling right now I've been watching a ton of old ROH and CZW shows and I'm wonder if there's any guys out there at the moment that just have that intimidating, beat your rear end aura that was around in the mid-late 00's like Joe, Super Dragon, Necro Butcher, Low-Ki, Kingston, etc. I know Nick Gauge is still around and I watch GCW on occasion but nobody's really popping out to me right now as that kind of wrestler

Also if you could define the indies from the mid 00's to now what wrestlers and styles would you say there were? The early kings were the guys I mentioned before + guys heavily influenced by Joshi/Puro and there was a lot of brawling. Then we seemed to move on to the Davey Richards/Seth Rollins indies where it was just finisher kickouts and big spots, and after that was the PWG sprints IMO but after WWE scooped up the indies and AEW started I can't think of anything in particular other than absolute diversity individuality who I'd contribute more to Joey Janella and the success of Spring Break. There's so many different styles and shows going on and all of them are completely different so the indies have become more about finding your niche than anyone standing out to me

A: Chris Dickinson
B: The general mix of elements of the modern indies is best shown through Joey Janela's Spring Break, which is currently on IWTV. You have the early 2000s workrate style match in Keith Lee/Lio Rush, the meta nostalgia booking style in Janela/Janetty, the worked shoot wave in Riddle/Severn, classic deathmatch wrestling in Tremont/Kingston, and post-death of Chikara comedy wrestling in the Clusterfuck. All of those are still around to some degree, but some promotions have more of certain elements than others.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Slothass posted:

Signing up for IWTV for the first time. What are 3 or 4 cards I should watch first?

GCW Bloodsport
Just about any Beyond card with a really sick looking Dickinson match, The Real Thing is a pretty solid card with a fantastic Dickinson/Joe match but Americanrana 2019 has Dickinson vs Sekimoto
If you have to pick a CHIKARA show KOT 09 night 2 has the classic Ibushi/Generico/Matt Jackson/Jigsaw match
CZW New Heights 2015

This should give you a decent look at the big promotions with large libraries on the service (GCW doesn't have a large backlog yet but it is the best promotion on the service) and if you like someone on one of these shows, better odds than not they've got more matches to search through, especially in the bizarrely deep IWA-MS library. Just be wary of promotions in the Gary Jay belt and you'll be fine.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 10, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

stab posted:

Man i hope his match in the IWS made it to iwtv somewhere haha

You mean this show? It's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Did IWTV just take down all their Riptide shows?

No, I can still find some via search though I have no way of telling if any that were on there are no longer.