Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wish one of these loving cowards would just ask 'what do you MEAN, though' when these leaders say poo poo like that.

Like, what are we going to DO? Isn't Putin one of the most sanctioned leaders on earth? Are we going to loving go to war over this conspiracy bullshit? How many human beings are we going to vaporize because daddy Joe didn't win by enough and that's clearly the vile Russian plot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's 15 minutes of hate against eurasia

(not an orwell endorsement)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so i finally figured out where the russian propaganda that said ukraine interfered in the election happened

https://timesofsandiego.com/politic...e-report-hints/

an oan television documentary that aired months before joe biden became the nominee that no one appears to have heard of before this report and which isnt actually mentioned in the report

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

Are we going to loving go to war over this conspiracy bullshit? How many human beings are we going to vaporize because daddy Joe didn't win by enough and that's clearly the vile Russian plot?

What's so irritating about the Russia and China (and Iran) saber-rattling is that nobody ever wants to admit that the US wants war.

If you challenge any of these interventionists on What Should Be Done about RussiaChina, they'll always stop short and claim "we are not going to war with China, that would be insane" even though there's no other actual logical endpoint for all of the constant escalation

But like, it also doesn't make sense: if you know that there's another no-poo poo genocide happening in Asia and you've got Hitler 2.0 extinguishing a whole race of people, and you DON'T want to start a war to stop it, then what does that say about the principles you supposedly cling to? If Russia DID hack the elections, and that's not enough to justify military action, then what does?

Nobody wants to admit that they want war because they know that it makes them look (more) like blood-gargling psychopaths, but the refusal to acknowledge this just forces people into increasingly twisted rhetorical knots where there's always some even larger atrocity afoot.

It reminds me of how the USSR was actually the one that kept trying to de-escalate tensions in the Cold War despite the West's best efforts. They're the rational people at the table trying to prevent this all from melting down.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Release the unredacted mueller report Joe what are you hiding

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

Release the unredacted mueller report Joe what are you hiding
The mueller cut is 4 hours long.

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

Toplowtech posted:

The mueller cut is 4 hours long.

lol

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
my man Mueller had a tight deadline so he took advantage of his Jack in the Box© Late Night double order Munchie Meal® and a hundred pages of crumpled up copy paper

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

What's so irritating about the Russia and China (and Iran) saber-rattling is that nobody ever wants to admit that the US wants war.

If you challenge any of these interventionists on What Should Be Done about RussiaChina, they'll always stop short and claim "we are not going to war with China, that would be insane" even though there's no other actual logical endpoint for all of the constant escalation

But like, it also doesn't make sense: if you know that there's another no-poo poo genocide happening in Asia and you've got Hitler 2.0 extinguishing a whole race of people, and you DON'T want to start a war to stop it, then what does that say about the principles you supposedly cling to? If Russia DID hack the elections, and that's not enough to justify military action, then what does?

Nobody wants to admit that they want war because they know that it makes them look (more) like blood-gargling psychopaths, but the refusal to acknowledge this just forces people into increasingly twisted rhetorical knots where there's always some even larger atrocity afoot.

It reminds me of how the USSR was actually the one that kept trying to de-escalate tensions in the Cold War despite the West's best efforts. They're the rational people at the table trying to prevent this all from melting down.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheVFCastro/status/1373781023750815752

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/aripaul/status/1372258038049075201?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

honestly im surprised it took them this long to realize that as asians theyre in a perfect position to use woke culture against us

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

:laffo: look forward to more power outages as the russians and probably china, taking advantage of the chaos, easily hack our gibsons.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
how about strengthening the security of your infrastructure before you do any harebrained attacks? no? ok

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious posted:

how about strengthening the security of your infrastructure before you do any harebrained attacks? no? ok

Infrastructure week was last week

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

cant decide if this is a tell that they dont actually think russia was behind solarwinds or if they really are that stupid

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious posted:

https://twitter.com/johnpodesta/status/667375199780806657?s=19

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

cant decide if this is a tell that they dont actually think russia was behind solarwinds or if they really are that stupid

yes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

yes let’s get into a state level actor hacking war just after a bunch of critical exchange security vulnerabilities were revealed. I’m sure this couldn’t possibly backfire

best case scenario is they’re only referring to posting terrible “hello fellow Russians” type stuff on Twitter and Facebook ads which is what the election “hacking” was

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

They are doing the old "start some poo poo abroad so we don't have to deal with domestic problems or possible revolt and revolution at home" thing. Except it won't work because Americans are still sick to death of foreign engagements and want to kill each other instead so it will end up even worse than usual

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cyber Cold War is real and is my friend.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlexandraChalup/status/1373852233624907776?s=20

TrumpBook is CyberWar

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

See, they're gonna think it's just, yah know, a picture of goats or something. But then they click on the link and

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I can’t wait to post with all of you

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1376127867076145157

Bill Browder
@Billbrowder
CEO Hermitage Capital, Head of Global Magnitsky Justice campaign, and Author of Red Notice

2 people died (one of a stroke, IDK) who worked at a hospital where someone was once a patient. This means Putin killed them. No theory as to why Putin had them killed is offered. Also Bill Browder is saying it was the head and the deputy head but the quoted tweet says "Head of the emergency department and a deputy head of the same hospital". Oh also one of them was retired when Navalny was a patient.

This is like Clinton Body Count poo poo, just absolute derangement

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

For a connection to the original McCarthyism, Bill Browder is the grandson of Earl Browder, who was a head of the CPUSA.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Atrocious Joe posted:

For a connection to the original McCarthyism, Bill Browder is the grandson of Earl Browder, who was a head of the CPUSA.

lmao that sucks

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
oh hey forgot this guy existed

https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/1378019777445236737?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
more like Malcolm Nonce

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so what happens when you get hit with a missile of disinformation anyway, what's the payload on that kind of munition

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

so what happens when you get hit with a missile of disinformation anyway, what's the payload on that kind of munition

Your posts

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/joyjuheelim/status/1377026235642085376

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
:eyepoop:

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'm picking the one with the burping

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I like that the next question refers to the leader of China as Jinping, shows you that the person who wrote this test really knows their stuff

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

obviously it was a double trick question

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1378066664487579648

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1379031562239401988

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The War on Christmas just kicked into overdrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

"Dirty tsunami torpedo" sounds like they dug up some wacky proposals from the 60s and are trying to pass them off as a current threat.