Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

So I assume Subaru remembers the forgotten because he's outside of the normal flow of time?

Why does Puck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

How did Crusch get her arm back?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Why are you posting huge page long spoiler blocks? Can we stop with the spoilers in the thread? Otherwise I feel like I should just stop reading it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

madmac posted:

While I agree with the general sentiment, in this case the "spoilers" are just dialogue from I'm assuming the Web Novel for the scene we just got in the anime to compare how the the new archbishops are potrayed.

A: I have no way of knowing whether what is under the spoilers is truly spoilery or not without removing the block. I'm not going to do that one episode into this new season.

B: Who are spoiler discussions for in this thread? Are we just going to have page long discussions that are blacked out spoiler text?

if you want to have a discussion about things that haven't come up yet in the anime can you just make a light novel thread and discuss in there?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Echidna seems like a nice lady.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 22, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Suburu is going to go collecting all seven witch factors. Calling it now

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

He did say he would make time for another tea party later.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Yawgmoft posted:

Were the other witches ever coded as bad, or just Envy?

I mean, they are the seven deadly sins.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I mean, we've seen 3 people who have witch factors besides the Greed Witch herself and they've all been terrible people.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Subaru has both a futon and a bed?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Who is this? I have no memory of who this is

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Elsa the villain of the first arc.

The tavern girl?

Man she really didn't leave an impact on me at all unlike Beetlejuice. I looked her up in the wiki and I still don't remember her.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Can someone photoshop PTSD Emilia next to PTSD Subaru in bed?

It is pretty hosed up that he keeps shoving her back into the gauntlet over and over when she clearly can't handle it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm hype for when I'm a Spider so what finally comes out!

They actually announced a season for that now. Start of 2021

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is it really the case that Beatrice doesn't like Subaru? I get the feeling Subaru wouldn't have such a knack for finding her if she didn't on some level like the attention? Lots of people like it when you check in on them and say hi but quickly have their "social energy" expended and shoo you out.

she probably has a soft spot for him. I think it was stated in one of the more recent episodes that he is one of only a very few people who can reliably get her door to show up.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

thechosenone posted:

Yeah, not giving Subaru any specifically strong powers, requiring him to basically have to make do with the abilities of his friends allows them to really keep the tension going without having to constantly increase the power levels. More like jojo in that sense, with it feeling like both sides have to be careful to not get gibbed.

Except that Subaru wants to get gibbed occasionally to stop horrible things from happening from his friends, or at least give him the opportunity to prevent them from happening.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Annointed posted:

WAIT SO Beatrice is part of the witch’s cult and let Elsa kill everyone, and let Elsa into her library so Elsa can kill Subaru. And made sure it was Elsa killing Subaru and not Subaru killing himself as it’s not part of the cult’s book’s prophecy. And now the village head and Garfield are trying to pull a gambit and get Emilia to succeed the trials by having Subaru kidnapped also cause Subaru is full of Witch Scent now.

I am having difficulty understanding wait

So is Mother? Did Beatrice say “Mother” so like are the Witches or at least one of them the creator of Beatrice???

I would guess that Beatrice is one of the witch archbishops. I would presume of greed since that is associated with knowledge of everything like Echidna, and her book knows everything that she is to do.

Mother would presumably be Satella.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

We already met the archbishop of greed in the first episode of the season.

He called himself that but he didn't have a book like Beetlejuice did.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Elephant Parade posted:

maybe he had it in his pocket or something. we didn't see betty's book until literally this episode, so it wouldn't be a unique case ifor him to not immediately show it off

Perhaps. However his demeanor is more in line with a archbishop of pride. Since he was incredibly offended when he was interrupted and not paid his proper respect.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Elephant Parade posted:

it's not like beetlejuice was particuparly slothful

Maybe, but it doesn't seem like all of the vices necessarily line up smoothly with what our typical conception of them are. We know that greed is not about obtaining material wealth but rather knowledge despite our typical association with it being the former. So sloth could have been his disdain for knowledge, he didn't even know that he was the archbishop of sloth after all.

Gluttony also doesn't seem to match up smoothly with our understanding of it usually. It of course usually is is associated with a unhealthy desire for food or pleasure, but in this case it's a overwhelming urge for names and experiences.

The only thing we know for sure is that greed is associated with a desire to know everything which the man we met at the beginning of the season did not have any quirks which would indicate an association with that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I guess I misremembered Beetlejuice.

Regulus shows none of the traits that I would expect someone who gets his witch factor from Echidna.

Whereas Beatrice is very much like Echidna.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Sazabi posted:

I wonder how everyone knows exactly how the witch smells. Did she piss on half the world like a dog or cat marking their territory?

I imagine Beatrice stinks of her. And he is well acquainted with her.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Alrighty. If I can't talk about episodes, then I'll post fanart and memes!

Goddamn it

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Echidna is also the only other person to have experienced death like Subaru.

They just have so much in common

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'm calling something here.

Tome of Wisdom that knows the future? Roswaal has a secret territory that just so happens to include the grave of Echidna? They're a badass supermage? Beatrice lives in a secret library - a font of knowledge? Echidna's all about being greedy for knowledge? Roswaal's family serves Echidna, Beatrice was created by Echidna, and the Sanctuary was intended only to let humans in and keep Satella out but oops it accidentally hit demihumans too. Echidna directly controls the trials. I do not know why they don't like Emilia. Maybe just to force Subaru to learn about the Echidna faction, which she really wants him to join.

Just speculation, but I think it's pretty well supported so far. Really want to learn more about Gospels and Witch Factors though.

Everyone hates Emelia because Satella looks just like her.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Yeah but, so does Echidna. Echidna just looks like evil Emilia with white extra bushy eyelashes.

Emelia looks exactly like Satella.

Like, if you were to place a picture of the two of them side by side you would probably not be able to tell them apart.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 27, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Maxwell Adams posted:

Roswhaals memories must be the worst. Didn't he get his injuries after attempting the trial?

He was injured because he was not allowed to participate in the trial.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tabletops posted:

She's probably less equipped to handle them also. Being like 7 years old or whatever mentally.

Was this something from the movie? I don't remember anything like this coming up in the show so far.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tabletops posted:

Ya the movie sorry. I didn't think it was off limits?

It's not off limits I don't think. I just haven't seen it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I imagine that he can take the trials because he drank her bodily fluids.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Minerva did nothing wrong

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Most of the witches don't seem like real people per se but more like a force of nature or an ancient god. Echidna is the only one so far who feels like she's not some entity bound entirely by one and only one impetus.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Is the sloth witch factor that Subaru has something that can be shared between multiple people or is it essentially the direct and complete bequeathing of the original witch's power? If the latter then it would be very interesting for Subaru and Sekhmet to meet.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

The healing only seems to apply to living things. She made a crater on landing and stomped on the earth hard enough to cause an earthquake. In life she was probably a walking natural disaster that would destroy your town but would make sure to fix up anybody who hadn't died.

Or, she would heal everyone up including those who died but leave them without a house or fields to farm and they would starve after she left.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Cool episode, one thing I have questions about : why did Garfield backed off of Subaru at the end? Did Subaru say something? I'm not sure I understood that last exchange.

I only have questions among questions about Subaru meeting Beako at the end.

I haven't read the light novels or anything, but I took him backing while he was holding him against the tree to be because he was just shocked that Subaru would be risking pissing him off to test what would make him angry.

I believe he ultimately let him go because Subaru said that he had been through hell with such conviction that he believed him. And that he believed that he would not do anything to intentionally harm the sanctuary or Emelia.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I thought the lover was Echidna since they mentioned that right after talk about him also taking the trial.

It's also makes more sense when you consider him getting more angry when he smells Echidna on Subaru.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Remember what we were told about how the rabbit works?

That you have to kill it all at once, it has a hive mind but isn't very intelligent, and is attracted to sources of a lot of magic?

So she would attract the rabbit?

Not sure how that lets you kill it all at once though.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I don't understand why he's retaining damage between resets now.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That wasn't a reset, Beatrice teleported him to the ruins with the last of her strength.

Even if she did, he still retained damage after dying to the great rabbit unless he somehow escaped from the rabbits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I would think the trick would just be to send Otto off by himself to have the mansion evacuated the moment he starts the loop over while also supporting Emelia and taking the trials himself.