Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

here's an alstroemeria i sketched to pass time in between my classes:

:love: thread off to a great start, still love seeing your art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

thanks! i hope i get to see some mouse-related works of yours :)

thanks man, i haven't done anything mouse related in a while so i whipped up a quick and dirty charcoal mouse for this thread:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Resting Lich Face posted:

The mouse just woke up after a bender and is having a brief lucid moment of horror as he realizes his addiction has destroyed his family and everything he ever cared about. Shortly after this scene he picks up the phone to score more "cheese".

lol

thanks all for the kind words and to macnult for making the new thread. i hope this thread picks up like the last one because there are some really amazing and talented people here, or that used to post their stuff here. just looking back over the last thread it's sad that some of the pics no longer show up :(

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
please don't die little art thread, there are far too many talented artists here to let you die

:pray:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Android Blues posted:

i was looking for the old art dump recently. will post some things when i get home!

:)

Sprue posted:

Here's a blurry pic of a lil black bear I did

It's in honor of a bear that was hanging out at our place and pissing off the dogs. 🐻 Where are you now, Daryl the baryl???

really well done, i like how bare and yet how effective it is

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

blaise rascal posted:

Thanks for making this thread!

Sketch of a coworker.

“You made me look old.” - his response

I started to sketch out the sunglasses on his brim then forgot about them until it was too late

i like the sketchiness and blue pen improv feel

Macnult posted:

thanks for posting in it! they don’t look old lol

well if the coworker was a toddler then yes, he indeed made him look old

:colbert:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

redm posted:

told to post these from the chat thread, theres a third one in there I posted already as well

:) thank you! looks cool. you do a lot of painting on doors/found objects?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Android Blues posted:

So my big project lately has been a modular "paper doll" style document for putting together character portraits. I have a base head + shoulders, then I've slowly been working on a library of eyes, eyebrows, hairstyles, mouths, noses, skin tones, etc, that you can swap in to generate new looks. It's been hard work, but it's coming along really well, and I'm close to finishing the project.

Here are some of the results! These are just illustrative, there are hundreds of possible combinations so far. It is really fun and really rewarding to see how elements drawn in isolation combine in unexpected ways!

that seems really fun, like making a mii but you can create whatever the hell you want given enough time

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

love it! it has a kind of richard scary vibe to it, also appreciate the spending time creating something on a yellow lined piece of paper

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Uxzuigal posted:

Custom BYOB Art, Brought to you by yours truely...

alright, I gotta make a duck now

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
here's a drunken cat in charcoal to hopefully keep this beautiful thread alive

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Android Blues posted:

this is non-visual art but i composed this tonight and i think it sounds pretty nice!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

did this yesterday, wanted to try something new

colors are beautiful

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

i love these, they make me think of a really groovy jupiter

:agreed:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hoping to jumpstart this thread because it's beautiful and i want to see everyone's art

i have a new student in my sketch class who's into horse's and these are one's i did with them using a b5 pencil a couple week's ago during 1 hour class:

and this last week they wanted to do something different so we went with silhouette and the shapes of trees:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

i love both of those cats

:same:

if you ever feel up to it please post more art macnult, always loved your pen and ink

:love:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Android Blues posted:

today's anteater: arikui-hime...the anteater princess...

(the next one's gonna be a wizard, then they're a full adventuring party of anteaters)

just catching up with this thread and i love the anteaters, all of them

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

having fun learning how to spray on walls, 15 years too late for it to be a valid life choice

that's gorgeous :love:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Literally A Person posted:

You guys are so good at arting! It's been a treat to read through this thread. Really cool stuff, goons. I don't really make the pretty pictures but I sculpt and work with wood. I'll head down to the shop and get some pictures of my larger sculptures later but here is some jewelry I've been working on:

A simple ring

A pendant design I'm playing with because, well, I really don't know poo poo about making a pendant.

this is beautiful

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Thanks! :) That's some alder branch-wood I harvested from my yard. It's gorgeous no matter what I do to it. Makes me look like I'm good at what I do.

i've worked in wood making walking sticks and basic carvings but never anything like what you've done. i made a walking stick from my grandfathers lilacs and similar from a tupelo tree which means a lot to my family but i hope someday to do what you're doing, much love for your work

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

:aaaaa:

You can work lilac!? I did not even know this. Do you...do you have a picture???

lilac is a really hard wood and it splits easily so I've heard its not good for turning or much carving but i had fun making walking sticks for myself and then a few years later for my niece. my grandfather has been gone for a long time now but i always feel like i should do something with the pieces of wood left over when pruning his lilacs. i wish i had a picture but i don't have one that shows the heartwood which is a nice purple.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

OOoooo, it looks so fine. When pruning season comes around I'm gonna have to think about this.

i've got a couple good lilac poles that have been drying for a few years now but i just don't really whittle or carve much so they're sitting by my porch door. hiking a lot this summer i've found beech makes for good walking sticks but i just cut them on the spot and use them for the day, leave them at the head of the trail for someone else to use. Years ago a friend's kid asked me to make him a wand for his harry potter costume and having never read the books i used my powerful google skills to find out its made of holly so i cut a good branch from my holly tree and did my best to make it look like harry's wand (it did not look like harry's wand :eng99:)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Okay!

Here is a series of sculptures I made a year or so ago. I ended up writing elaborate backstories for them and calling them "bigfoot talismans":

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
used some old wood that's been leaning against my shed for a few years to make a little table today:

still needs some sanding and a stain, especially the obviously new wood pieces. screws are visible but i wasn't going for fancy, just utilitarian and i'm happy

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Great use of some old wood. I think that table is cute as hell. Very cabin-chic.

thanks, it took about an hour and def could have been done better but the cabin-chic was all i really wanted and it was fun to do

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I happen to have imgur open anyway so here, a dining table:

:drat:

that is beautiful work

wait, are you the one who made the gbs "suicide sawmill"?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

:boom: much respect

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

blaise rascal posted:

Woodworking is very cool! Great job, talented woodworking goons

Here is the pop up card I was working on during my livestream, all done

this is really cool

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

those are delightful

Yeah they are really cool and your style is really cool

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Robot Made of Meat posted:

You are correct in so thinking.

:agreed:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

love it :)

Just lettin' you yobbers know, tonight I'm livestreaming some incredibly boring to watch woodworking and we'll be listening to an album together too!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936520

going to try and check in on this thanks

i would also like to link your other magical thread in gbs today:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936469&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

forklin is adorable

edit: i got home too late to see any of it lol

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

nut posted:

x-posting from making out with ben bcuz i think i made art

lmao

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

crossposting for you and forklin:

nut posted:

this disturbs me

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

The Saucer Hovers posted:

yeah

its not a style youre gonna see in sea glass jewelry because of material and time commitments. why spend 70hr on a lei when you throw a beer bottle in a rock tumbler and crank out some wire wrap earrings for $40?

ive never sold anything- its for gifts and religious purposes ie my best friend since first grade and his wonderful bride wore my crap at their wedding

i also dont post about it really ever. a few times on B&R. really nice to hear kind words from strangers

upload

now ill be done :blush:

:agreed::love:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i sculpt small aminals from clay, paint them, add uplifting/depressing sayings, tag them with a dedicated instagram #

then when i travel i leave aminals behind for strangers to find

i am kicking off a new batch of aminals with a birb:

if you are curious as to what finished aminals look like here is a random sampling:

Macnult posted:

from a few days ago

:love: everything about these

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

deep dish peat moss posted:

I got a tablet and I've been working on this to figure out how to use it

i really really like your art :love:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

deep dish peat moss posted:

Thanks everyone :blush: I got really into colored pencils this month because of that drawing

I drew this as a gift for someone who broke up with me the day I was going to give it to them

Then I went through a burst of productivity as I drew to distract myself and right now I have these all near-finished

really really cool imo

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i've been working on a "fairy door" for an auction for my niece's school, all proceed's go towards scholarships for kids like her. basing it on my old paintings and going to include a little story about "old frog's stories for little mice". this is my last week to finish before the auction so i'm nearing the end but still going to add more but this is where i'm at tonight, will post the final pictures when i'm done later this week. the idea is that you create a door that once opened takes you to a magical place.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is wonderful. your stuff always has great depth to it, and pulls me in.

nut posted:

amazing sky!

thank you both so much, that means a lot to me

when I was approached to do this the idea seemed exactly what I like to do but I just want to give them the best that I can do so I've been struggling with completing it for about a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OK so I have another batch of animals: birb, ant, platypus, and mouse. Now I have to sand them, put base coats on them, do detail work, and glaze them.

these are awesome, eagerly awaiting colors