Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think it's pretty cool. What about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I think it's pretty not cool

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

i see faces in the forest sometimes, i figured it just some forest demon watching over me and ensuring safe passage

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it's called pareidolia op :eng101:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I remember when everyone was talking about how you could see the face of Satan in the smoke from one of the planes hitting the world trade center. But I know it wasn't legit, because Satan was actually in the computer that I was trying to fix while all that went down.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I remember when everyone was talking about how you could see the face of Satan in the smoke from one of the planes hitting the world trade center. But I know it wasn't legit, because Satan was actually in the computer that I was trying to fix while all that went down.

Satan is everywhere. Within the all of us.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Pareidolia is amazing and it’s more prevalent in neurotic people, which checks out as I am loving crazy.

Seriously though, it’s kind of a testament to how weird and amazing our brains are wired that I can type :] and you recognize it as “smiling human face.”

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
...and in that moment, you have found Waldo. Good Job!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Labes for days posted:

Pareidolia is amazing and it’s more prevalent in neurotic people, which checks out as I am loving crazy.

Seriously though, it’s kind of a testament to how weird and amazing our brains are wired that I can type :] and you recognize it as “smiling human face.”

It's not really weird that living things have found an advantage in determining "is this other thing hostile" by looking at it extremely quickly no.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Labes for days posted:

every fuckin car trunk is looking back at me

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I encountered this face during a walk through the forest last summer

I was stoned

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Stevie Lee posted:

I encountered this face during a walk through the forest last summer

I was stoned

It looked like a face to you?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

should I put googly eyes on it for you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A Strange Aeon posted:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
there was a murder on that tree

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Op confirmed pareidophile also you should post this on Facebook, I bet there are some minon loving mommys that would LOVE this

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that one grill

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I think it's cooler when the opposite happens.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Thanks, I see it now!! A face only a mother could love

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

well hey! how're you doin? :buddy:

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
(=^_^=)/~~○

I cast fireball!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I don’t think it’s cool. Different strokes different folks I guess

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Labes for days posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
A few years ago I was in the hospital with some pretty bad pneumonia; 3 nights in all. On the final night I was mostly on the mend but unbeknownst to me a secondary flu infection had spread to my optic nerves causing swelling, leading to a series of horrifying hallucinations.

It started soon as the lights went out and I closed my eyes. I immediately saw the face of Ainsley Harriot staring at me.

That was startling. But it didn't get scary until I opened my eyes in shock.

He was still there. The face of TV chef Ainsley Harriot staring at me through the darkness. His face slowly dissolved into the room; the last thing to go were his eyes.

From then on, for the rest of the night, every time I closed my eyes a new face was staring back at me, and just like Ainsley, it would stay there when I opened my eyes and fade into the darkness.

I didn't sleep well.