Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
now I know there are some people in this here forum who have wrangled spreadsheets or other things to earn that precious extra $8 day and I need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
is this like a patreon thing or more like a campsite thing you're doing?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
dont forget to like and subscribe!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
what’s “working” op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
invest in crypto, op

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Earning without working is rent-taking and it's a sin.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
now look at them yo-yo's, that's the way you do it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mods please rename yospos "earning without working forum" tia

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

have you tried being born into vast wealth op?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tmesis posted:

is this like a patreon thing or more like a campsite thing you're doing?

lol “the more money you give me the more pathetic I will act”

let people beat me up for $5 at a time? I guess that’s a legitimate living

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

what’s “working” op

counting is working, I guess, coz I get paid to count

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m serous

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Stymie posted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

what is system administration if not earning without working

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the computer does the work for me

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

my bitter bi rival posted:

what is system administration if not earning without working

there’s work, like setting traps for your security, and making the work you do inscrutable to others

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
have you considered being an ahole landlord, op?

or perhaps a cryptocurrency trader?

or perhaps streaming for tips while playing the games you already play

or maybe a rodtronics patreon?

ok that's about it i think

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

have you considered being an ahole landlord, op?

or perhaps a cryptocurrency trader?

or perhaps streaming for tips while playing the games you already play

or maybe a rodtronics patreon?

ok that's about it i think

I actually created a rodtronics patreon and then had a wave of shame flow over me as I came to the realisation that the ocassionaly interesting garbage I produce had no monetary value to anyone else’s life whatsoever and imagine fooling yourself into thinking someone would give me a dollar or more to make that rubbish

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

make a patreon, name all the tiers after funny sex acts. but here's the kicker: no tier rewards, and the stretch goals are all about getting you to stop posting dumb poo poo art

(your art is cool echi please keep it up)

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

echinopsis posted:

now I know there are some people in this here forum who have wrangled spreadsheets or other things to earn that precious extra $8 day and I need it

Just get the Apple credit card. The more you buy, the more you get back!

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
you could do what everyone else does and buy lottery tickets

or fill out surveys. that one is pretty popular in most trailer parks

or you could stream your video games on twitch and make funny noises every couple minutes. lowtax is making a killing with that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

make a patreon, name all the tiers after funny sex acts. but here's the kicker: no tier rewards, and the stretch goals are all about getting you to stop posting dumb poo poo art

well that’s kind thanks. at the moment in life i’m struggling with the motivation. my jobs stress is killing me and I need to put as many hours as I can motivate myself to, which means getting up earlier and staying later, and to have the energy to do so, I have to eat better and sleep better. And I need to put more spare time into growing skills that can be turned into passive income (like creating a “deal with it” app like Dod Block and getting ad money dribbling in) and maybe skills that can launch me into a new job. It’s depressing that I feel like I’m having to fit my whole life to make work work, the whole, live to work thing, which I hate and am desperate to get out of, but right now I can’t do my job by just turning up and doing the required hours, simply too much to do 😣 and it’s depressing thinking this is the rest of my life, so I *need* to change something. I hate that I never get to pick up my kids or drop them off at school 😔 and so I can’t afford to have much selfish time, I have to make as much of it as productive as possible to either have energy for work or to learn or upskill. Have to be one of these people that plans all my time so I go to the gym enough and eat well enough so I’m not drained by the time I finish work so I can put in more hours. diabetes sucks. sounds like i’m moaning/ranting and I am but it’s also a coming to the realisation that I have to dedicate my life to being productive (for now at least) if I want any chance of enjoying the future at all. Either than, or triple my life insurance, work for another year and then hopefully die because then when my house is sold and with life insurance my ex wife could clear her mortgage and give heaps of time to the kids, because at the moment my kids are the main reason I am alive, and so if I am alive I might as well work out a way to he happy or productive or at least not depressed or something.

🤷‍♂️ who cares

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:pram:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
sell plasma, op. also maybe take surveys online? I.D.K.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Silver Alicorn posted:

that reminds me please donate to my patron https://www.patreon.com/fart

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

sell plasma, op. also maybe take surveys online? I.D.K.

they don’t pay you for blood in this country, you do it out of the kindness of your own marrow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
anyone use a journal

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I do not

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
have you considered learning to code, OP

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ted hitler posted:

have you considered learning to code, OP

many times over

right now I have an idea I want to put on pen and web, but the problem isn't learning python, but also git and postresql and django and heroku, to make the thing actually work on the web. and yeah I want to do it, but it's large and feels overwhelming, unlike say learning just one of those things, and because I also have limited time doing so, I kinda just don't at all.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

have you tried spending less money op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve tried...

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Here's a free idea: Radio, on the internet.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 26, 2019

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:o

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
become a camboy?

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

just be me op. i have been through two different jobs now where my responsibilities were reduced to basically nothing due to administration forgetting about me or something and i just collected a paycheck while getting drunk at home

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
eat the usurers

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

indigi posted:

become a camboy?

tons of money to be made if your dignity is for sale

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
stop buying an avocado latte every morning yah degenerate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
also, confide your worries to those close to you, not just us goons (though I don't mind)