Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

how was that FMV game, Contradiction? it looked amazing but i ended up worried it would be too hard for my simple brains.

e: oh, right, danganronpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Contradiction was cool and it wasn't super hard for my bad-at-puzzling-things-out rear end(although my memory of it is fuzzy since I played it in early 2017). It also took me 6.7 hours to play through the whole thing, so it's not a huge time investment.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Doing that and finding out along the way that killing things isn't what you're meant to do/that every encounter has a peaceful resolution is the intended experience(and you have to really go out of your way to kill enough stuff to trigger the You're Evil path), it's just that obsessive fans started dogpiling LPers/etc who did it 'wrong' even if they were going in blind.

Yeah, there was a non-blind Undertale LP on these here forums a couple years ago, and they showed off the neutral, good, and evil paths in order, to make the LP as comprehensive as possible.

There were a bunch of posters that were ADAMANT that the evil path is never to be shown, not even in a comprehensive LP that shows everything the game had to offer and I still don't know what was up with that. It's just a videogame you know.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I do wonder where the series will go from here. The writers of these games definitely up the ante with each one.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I would like to note that you can read five-three as "gomi" or "trash" in Japanese.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I was always partial to The Painscreek Killings. It's a rough, buggy little thing (and by that I mean the "character will fall through the floor if you move through an area that is loading" rough), but it's a genuine mystery solver where there's no diary or ingame map- you have to either take notes physically or use the ingame camera to take pictures of notes and directions to puzzle them out, and you can actually end the game at any point, if you think you've found it all out. The creators have been fairly dedicated about correcting errors and discrepancies in the mystery too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shameful that nobody's mentioned Return of the Obra Dinn yet tbh

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
VIDEO: Tsumugi's Last Words

MUSIC: New World Order V3

Phew...I'm relieved.

H-Huh...? Why? What is this?

Huh?

If Keebo refused to vote, that means the world has changed. It means the audience chose not to vote as well.

Wh-What!?

Serves you right! That's what you get for breaking the rules like that!

Danganronpa is going to end? The killing game full of tense standoffs and backstabbings among friends...

No one wants you anymore! No one wants to hear your sick, twisted stories anymore!

I think this is supposed to be Tsumugi speaking.

This is it... It's finished...

So what are we going to do now? Now that it's over, there's no need for any punishments.

What a half-assed ending. This is no way to end Danganronpa.

I-I see...

Now...if we...continue to live after this...the choice we made won't really matter. The people will just want another killing game, so...

So the only way we can stop this killing game is...to kill ourselves...

It's going to end with everyone being annihilated? I never expected an ending like that, so I don't have a punishment ready...

...Alright, I'll do it. I'll be the one who ends this killing game. I'll bring this fiction to an end.

Destroy this entire fictional world, and end the killing game... That...is what the outside world wants.

Well, that's fine... If this is a world without killing games now...

I have no interest in a world without Danganronpa.

I guess...this is it for us. No survivors... That's kind of a bummer.

But now, it's all over. We're the last ones to suffer from the killing games...

If this is all just fiction, then everything we've achieved up till now might be a lie. But those lies... They changed the world. Even if we are just fictional characters someone made up.

You're right. I feel the same way. My plan was such a flawless copy, it even failed right at the end...

So I should be able to hold my head up high as a cosplaycat criminal, right?

...Very well, let's begin.

EXECUTION VIDEO: Ultimate Annihilation

VIDEO: Staff Roll

Team Danganronpa Employee Badge posted:

Proof that you've cleared Chapter 6. A memento of Tsumugi. It's a badge the Team Danganronpa employees wear.

Variety Cushion posted:

A cushion that expresses the will of the outside world to abandon killing games and watch human relationships instead. This unlocks "Love Across the Universe."

To Each Their Own Roulette posted:

A lucky roulette with ups and downs that can impact people's lives. This unlocks "Ultimate Talent Development Plan."

Easter Egg posted:

Proof that you've cleared the Epilogue. The traditional item awarded at the end of a Danganronpa.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 2, 2023

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
So, who were the people who predicted 'all dead' in the dead pool? You got it correct!

... No one? Oh well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well this was a rad trip. Thanks for the LP Solitair, you did an awesome job! :toot:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Junpei posted:

I would like to note that you can read five-three as "gomi" or "trash" in Japanese.

Oh poo poo. That is true, and no way that isn't intentional. :psyboom:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, there you have it. That's our story. Everyone's dead. ...Good night!

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012
The cut from Junko to Tsumugi in the execution was a big mood.

Variety Cushion posted:

A cushion that expresses the will of the outside world to abandon killing games and watch human relationships instead.
No way this outside world can be real! Suspension of disbelief ruined.

Junpei posted:

:golfclap:

That said, awesome LP, Solitair! Even if the ending was a little anticlimactic :v:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kind of a meh ending but I guess that is in line with the game's direction at the moment.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
I guess that was the one thing missing from Danganronpa this whole time, was a season finale where they trash the set.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Whoa, guys. It's not time to check out of the LP! There's more after the credits!

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

...! posted:

Whoa, guys. It's not time to check out of the LP! There's more after the credits!

Oh yeah, there are things like Free Time with Kaede and Rantaro, aren't there?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Solitair: Will you be showing off the Ultimate Talent Development Plan thing? It's so weird.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

[this post has been CRUELLY CENSORED by forum moderators for vague and sinister reasons]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 12, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Way to ruin the joke dude :v:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 12, 2020

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Rarity posted:

Way to quote the bloody spoiler so that now there's two ways to see it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Reveilled posted:

Way to quote the bloody spoiler so that now there's two ways to see it.

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yeah thats how I feel lmao

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Tenebrais posted:

Solitair: Will you be showing off the Ultimate Talent Development Plan thing? It's so weird.

I spent way too much time using the Talent Development Plan mode so god I hope so. I finished this game what, 2 years ago? And I still occasionally feel the itch to go finish it, even though I originally gave up because of the grinding.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Rarity posted:

People are posting that they're leaving the thread. What other way is there to stop them?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

...! posted:

People are posting that they're leaving the thread. What other way is there to stop them?

I would leave that decision to the person actually running the LP, personally.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hang on, hang on, Tsumugi's not dead, she's just pining for the fjords!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

...! posted:

No one said that

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe the game ended like that, thanks for the great LP! I will now proceed to unbookmark this thread and never return for as long as I live.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
NOT

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

imagine leaving an LP thread before it's archived

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I mean I might as well just lock it now and save OP the trouble.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

We strongly recommend that you save the game.

After I save, the game hangs on the start screen, unresponsive, until...

VIDEO: The End

MAKI: ...Yeah, somehow.

HIMIKO: I-I'm sort of stuck here! Someone...help me out!

Nyeh...I'm saved...

We made it...

MUSIC: Heartless Journey

Hey, how were we saved? Why are we still alive?

Ah... Yeah, why are we alive...? I wonder...

The killing game is over... The class trials are over... And the fictional world...is over. So then...where are we?

What's left for us here?

NEW MUSIC: Killing Game Completion Ceremony

Where we continued to hope... And they continued to torture us... The outside world. 53 times, hope moved forward. 53 times, the suffering continued. The world on the other side of the fiction, the real world.

So, what do we do now?

We didn't think of a plan for what to do after. I thought that was the end of us back there.

But we survived. ...And that's the truth.

But...I don't get it. Seriously, how are we still alive? When this world destroyed itself, I thought we would go down with it.

Keebo probably saved us.

He made sure we didn't die.

There's no point in us escaping to the outside world... We're just fictional characters... Did Keebo save us...because he was acting on what the outside world wanted?

Nyeh? For us to live?

That's right. In addition to ending all this... The outside world wanted us to live...

So, come on, everyone. Let's head outside. With confidence.

A peaceful world with no fighting and no despair. That's what Tsumugi said, right?

Yeah. Ah...if she wasn't lying.

Remember...the last thing Tsumugi said?

What does that mean?

What indeed...

Ah, well, I have some theories.

Maybe Tsumugi was just basing her performance on them.

So Tsumugi lied about this whole world being just fiction?

No, I don't really know for sure. She might have been lying when she said "copy."

But if she were telling the truth, then...it would make sense that that was a lie.

What do you mean, "that"?

What Tsumugi showed us... The way we were when...we first arrived.

Mm-hm! Looking good! Now you look more like Ultimates.

Ultimates...? Really?

Next up, the memory youse all been waiting for.

Hell yeah! Get ready! Once the seal is broken, we'll be in the domain of the killing game!

You mean...we were selected!?

We got picked!? Really!? Alright!

Wh-Whoa, really!? I'm selected for it, too!?

We forgot everything about our old selves after that first Flashback Light, didn't we?

That's what Tsumugi said, but...something's been bugging me about that. Even if we were obsessed with this killing game, I still can't believe we would participate in it. I just... I don't believe it.

One of Kaito's hunches, huh?

Anyway, there's no way for us to check when we all applied to the Academy, right?

Yeah...

What? We can't check?

MAKI: Perhaps just beyond here is the truth... But, maybe it isn't...

HIMIKO: Maybe it's all still fiction in that world, or... Maybe Danganronpa still continues in that world, or...

Well...if we can get out from here, we'll know for sure.

Yeah...but I feel like...there's not too much meaning in truth and lies...

Nyeh? What do you mean?

I mean that...even if something is a lie, even if it's fiction...

SHUICHI: But those things changed us. And we were able to change the world. So it doesn't really matter where the truth ends and where the lies begin. If lies can change the world just as well as the truth can... Then lies...are just another way of telling the truth.

Yeah. That's what I believe.

Then, we need to see for ourselves whether this fictional world has changed the outside world. And what we can do from this point on...

You're right. We can't stay in this fictional world forever. It's already over. We gotta take all the experience we earned in this world and go on to the next.

Yeah. Let's go. We'll see what this world gained, and what it lost, and all the rest. Let's find out, together.

To the other side of this world... To the other side of fiction... Let's find out, together. It's what we could accomplish.

Good luck getting jobs in this economy.

Was this lie...able to change the world? If it was able to change even the smallest thing...

Solitair fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 2, 2023

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Solitair posted:

Chapter 6, Part 24: School's Out Forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oo8QzDHimQ

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Only three survivors this time! None of you got perfect scores, but Drufle and Squats came closest. Congratulations to both of you! If you're still alive and reading this, tell me the best way to contact you so I can give you a small gift.

Tenebrais posted:

Hell yeah I will! Like Arist with Persona 5, I will mulch this dead horse and spray it in a fine mist over my audience. There's plenty of post-game stuff to go over... just not right now. I'll be taking a short break and going back to a once-weekly schedule now that the rush to finish Chapter 6 is done.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
That's a hell of an open-ended ending! I like it.

Thanks for the LP, Solitair, you did great!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Excellent stuff. Thank you for all the time spent, especially in this last rush to the finish line!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
What an excellent LP! Thank you for sticking with it all the way to the end, Solitair. I'd been eagerly awaiting everyone's reactions to the final chapter for *checks thread* over a year and a half and it was worth the wait. The stuff you did with the audience, perfect.

I never could get into all the talent development stuff so I'm excited to see all that in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
DRV3 sets the record for fewest survivors (only three), the only game where more girls survived than guys, and the only game where more than one person dies in the final chapter.

Also random Scrum trivia: Miu and Ryoma (and Rantaro, who never made it to a trial) are the only cast members to never be on the player's side on a Scrum. Ryoma at least has the argument of only going to one, but Miu went to three.

The only time Tsumugi was on the player's side (chapter 1), she's not even a bullet point you can use to shoot at the enemy team, she just takes part in the Full Counter.

Keebo is always on the player's side outside of Trial 5. Ironically, that's the only trial where Shuichi's side is ultimately flawed (that Kaito is dead).

Kaito and Kokichi are never on the same side during a Scrum.

Every time Shuichi has to do a Clashing Argument, the other person is either the culprit (Kirumi, Kiyo, Gonta), or they die next chapter (Ryoma, Tenko, Miu, Tenko). The only exception is Maki.