Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i hope the new robot guy is cool, not too jazzed with the other new character designs

it would be cool if they let us play as the characters from previous games. i loved being claptrap in the presequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i like that fl4k is just looking for excuses to murder progressively larger bosses, but the other characters are non-entities. im only at the jakobs planet so far but it mostly feels like a story about The Super Special OC Lilith and her nameless minion who does all the work

i wish i could join the children of the vault and finish the job

I also called what was going to happen in the cutscene after you beat the first vault boss on promethea, literally line for line. I knew exactly what was going to happen and I only watched the cutscene to see if they swerved me. they did not. I can't wait for the annoying kid to use that as motivation to awaken siren powers and then killsteal the final boss from me some way down the line.

i do like hammerlock and the jakobs guy though, the writing so far on this planet has been less intolerable, apart from a brief appearance by tiny tina. i have found her extremely annoying since the first cutscene she showed up in in borderlands 2. where she sings pop goes the weasel and i knew she was going to yell POP and then say 'goes the weasel' in an annoying voice afterwards. i had a deadly premonition of it happening and when it happened it was full body cringe.

i have psychic powers, but only for the lowest level cliche hack writing

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

that ending was somehow even stupider than i expected

i did not expect the poochie comparisons to be so apt but no, it was poochie

the combo of the just non-sequitur ending and the terrible music over the credits did elevate it to being funny at least.

is true vault hunter mode worth playing in this game? or is it annoying?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

does anyone have a good fl4k build? i am clueless with min-maxing of any sort, so far i have just mostly been using the radiation explosion, and switching between the gun monkey and charger skag depending on my mood.

i have not used the ant really at all cause ive not put points in the orange tree, or really used the non-gamma action skills. the green one seems like its just zer0's move from BL2 which probably means its the strongest, and the orange skill seems like it would make rakks suicide bomb and that doesnt seem very animal friendly.

edit: for some reason as my first post-storyline thing i went and did some maliwan base attack. the boss took me a few tries but cause i kept killing bits of it and the adds the entire arena was just flooded with orange guns, and half of them are the same gun with different rolls, and i will never be able to sort through all of it

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 26, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i finished guns, love, and tentacles' main storyline and i enjoyed it.

i was surprised they actually had hammerlock and wainwright kiss. usually devs are happy to have gay characters in games, but not actually show them doing anything beyond hugging or holding hands. they're probably my favourite characters from the BL3 main story so i enjoyed seeing more of them, and i liked the creepy lodge owner guy, and the environs and enemies are cool. the only real downside is a lot of the areas are very linear, so idk how huge the replay value will be.

i've been playing on mayhem 2, and my modifiers are lootsplosion and one that makes enemies tougher when they group up. lootsplosion is kind of cool and kind of a nightmare. i've mostly been wanting to unlock more cosmetics, but it keeps giving me stuff for everyone but fl4k. i'm very tired of searching through eridian artifacts and class mods now though. i think i am just gonna use this pearl claptrap gave me forever.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

is there any way to stop my dang ol doggo dying constantly in the wotan fight? he just endlessly runs into the electric aoe around the boss and dies, is there a way to tell him to hold back a bit?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I assume you're asking about Fl4k? I tend to use the Jabber pet with an SMG so he tends to stay back a bit - not sure if that would help.

yeah i'm playing as fl4k. i've tried the gunslinger jabber but he still runs in for some reason, i don't know why.

is it supposed to be a surprise that jakobs is the company in the western dlc? they treat it like a reveal but like, everything in the entire planet has the branding all over.

also, is it meant to be impossible to do the guardian breach takedown solo? it takes 100 years to charge each of the three crystals at the start, and way too many guardians spawn. i eventually lost after like 15 minutes because my FFYL time just went down to 0 seconds eventually

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i wish krieg was playable in 3 as well. he's easily the most fun player character they've done. I'm kind of mixed on the 'new characters every game' thing, cause so far it seems to mean the player is a non-entity during the story, then they come back in the next game to get merked in some stupid way to give the writer's OC yet more motivation to beat the baddy.

but the borderlands 1 characters were exceptionally dull, i guess because the game was reworked from a serious mad max thing to what it is now at the last minute.

I do like FL4K a lot, even if barely anyone comments on them being a robot at all.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

A Moose posted:

it was kinda weird that

The weirdest thing is that the story is like 85% about Sirens and they never comment that you're one too if you play as Amara. not even once. Its not even that much extra dialogue, they only have 4 characters and they were pretty up front about not adding any more.

yeah that's true, i hadn't thought about that. i guess sirens don't get to do anything special in the game they're in, then later they either become the main character or get punked and then have the bad guy show that they were totally bad at using their own powers.

i've been playing the handsome jackpot DLC and man, is there someone out there really clamoring for more handsome jack?

also does anyone have a good build for FL4K that uses the gun monkey?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

is there a way for me to get a higher level version of the Cloud Kill smg you get from the main story (beyond playing through the whole thing on true vault hunter mode i guess). it was my favourite gun for a very long time till i outlevelled it.

right now my best guns are clairvoyance and convergence. clairvoyance is a cryo element jakobs AR that shoots torgue-style sticky bombs and for some reason does a huge amount of damage. convergence is a shotgun that makes a bunch of extra pellets come out of midair and hit the enemy and do a ton of damage.

i recently found a maliwan smg called Flipper that doubles the amount of bullets it fires as you hold down fire, up to like a grid of 9. it does a good amount of damage too.

i'm on mayhem 6 because i want to see the special mayhem-only guns, but its not super fun as like 99% of guns are totally useless, and rolling a good set of modifiers takes forever. right now i have a pretty decent set of modifiers, but one of them is that like half of all enemies are immune to fire damage, so i can't use the hellwalker shotgun like i used to.

is there anything special with the ghosts in the halloween event? do they have a mechanic or are they just enemies that spawn when you kill other enemies?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

If you're playing on PC then you could edit the save. I've been using the web-based save editor and it has been working okay. Not as good as Gibbed was for BL2, but functional.

http://bl3editor.com/#/

thanks, i'll give this a go!

the terror affixes for halloween seem terrible, am i missing something?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

its also an absolutely dogshit song

the non-player protagonist 9/11s the moon with no buildup or explanation and then

".... she's just a girl and shes on fi-yah"

it really elevated the whole thing from lame to hilarious. i used to edit more appropriate credits music onto the endings of games with awful stories, but i couldn't really do it with borderlands 3 because they already did it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

A Moose posted:

I have a feeling that the credits song was there specifically because it didn't match the tone, but the rest of the credits sequence doesn't really support that. I think maybe they just assumed we care as much about Lilith as we did about Roland.

we might have had they not dedicated so much time to making her irritating. she was fine in borderlands 2 but they really hosed up her character for 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

yeah its a terrible mechanic that means 99% of the loot you get from the event is basically worthless