Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Judge Tesla posted:

Loving Maya's new long haired look.

Yeah without knowing how the gameplay has evolved this is basically my main takeaway from the trailer - Maya looks rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

BL1 was so long ago that I don't remember much about its writing, but at the time I liked Claptrap and BL2 sure beat that out of me. They also didn't bother to give the playable characters any personality until they became NPCs in the sequel, which was an odd choice. BL2 had highs and lows for sure, and when the jokes didn't land they tended to be really annoying. I'm sure it was also much funnier back then than it would be if I played it for the first time now. Then Tales came along and IMO really nailed the tone, was consistently pretty funny, and had good characters to boot. I think Gearbox needs to ape that as much as possible but I don't know if they can or if they even want to.

Also it can't be said enough that the bullet-spongey enemies and ridiculous scarcity of good loot need to stay in the past. If they deliver on those two things and also don't horribly gently caress up the writing, that's kind of all I need from them.

bring back Krieg

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Rinkles posted:

Yup phaselock is back

Activated by one of her many ghostly hands too - it looks from that like using it might not interrupt shooting/reloading.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Rinkles posted:

Was thinking of giving brick a go.

Same, he's the only BL1 character I never put any real time into. I liked the idea of focusing on rocket launchers but it was really unsustainable/weak early on so I played Lilith and Mordecai instead.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Claptrap is funny about half the time and annoying the other half which seems intentional so I think claptrap is great.

I also think Tiny Tina is funny and not annoying.

Yeah both characters are pretty endearing when they work IMO, but how often they work is pretty subjective. I like Tiny Tina more often than not but I'm getting pretty tired of Claptrap. I think as long as he doesn't get a ton of screen time in 3 he could still be fun. I just hope that Gearbox agrees with me, but that might not be very likely.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm not sure what "increased focus on online multiplayer" even means unless BL3 is gonna have the full PvP experience or something.

Yeah, there's never been a difference in content between single- and multiplayer in the series so I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Doubly so for "50 hours of online stuff" - it's completely meaningless without an actual detailed explanation, because online and offline Borderlands have always been the exact same thing.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Elephant Ambush posted:

They were in BL1 too. There's an early side quest to clear a rakk hive and yup it's right there in the ground. It was really creepy the first time I realized that.

...yeah, no poo poo? It's a BL1 boss fight.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Tiny Tina's was the only DLC I remember actually being fun to play (still had some bad spots), but Torgue's was still worth doing because Mr. Torgue and Piston were really entertaining while you ran back and forth over and over..

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

eonwe posted:

games need to stop being lazy and making harder mode = enemies have more health is what it comes down to for me

don't even have a harder mode if thats all its going to be

:yeah:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Would it surprise any of you to hear that Randy is calling David Eddings disgruntled former employee and that's why he's not voicing claptrap anymore?

I mean, if I worked for Randy Pitchford for years I'd probably be disgruntled too.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

DreadCthulhu posted:

Holy poo poo. Why pay for Netflix when real life is so much more popcorn worthy. I'm disappointed that one of my favorite games is lead by such a sketchy character, but on the plus side most of the work is being done by dev who have nothing to do with this drama.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the first two games and there are several people that I've been looking forward to playing through BL3 with. And I'd love to support the people who actually make the games and have to put up with Randy's bullshit. But I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with the fact that some of my money would effectively be going directly into his pocket.