Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

so they didn't show off any of the 4 new classes except for the shiva arms siren huh?

I'm guessing the giant walking mech is one of the classes main ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Krieg was the best thing to come out of BL2 and I hope he comes back as a DLC character again.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AirRaid posted:

Because it was HUGE, added neat new enemies and guns, an actual Raid Boss, and had a well written, funny antagonist.

I hope they come up with a better way to handle the post game bosses in this one. In BL2 they were pretty much all one-shot kill machines that required exploiting the level geometry to kill.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

comrade corcus posted:

Right you are, I suppose it would make alot of sense then. Though I found this article which had leaks from a 'source' on the classes that seems to match up to the trailer a bit
https://mentalmars.com/borderlands-3/characters/

Kind of a weird mismatch of character design vs function (if the article is accurate), but hopefully it works out.

For example I feel if you are going to have a siren character that is a muscled lady, why bother with phase locks and energy projectiles? She should be uppercutting and dash punching guys with those six energy arms and never stopping.

Also the aristocratic assassin and pet based hunter class just kind of makes me wish they had combined the two and just made Hammerlock a playable character.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The main thing I would like see changed for BL3 is having two slots for equipping relics and splitting them into defensive/offensive categories.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Didn't expect to be minorly excited about Borderlands 1 in 2019

Step 1: Make a Mordicai and max out the Gunslinger tree.

Step 2: Get an Unforgiven pistol

Step 3: Nothing else matters.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kerrzhe posted:

the only way i'd be truly disappointed is if he's just completely forgotten and never actually mentioned anywhere at all, which i'd say has a 50% chance of happening.

Just have Krieg be the raid boss.

Kriegmerax.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ChaseSP posted:

Gunzerker is the best in theory becuase his mechanic plays directly into the, get guns, kill enemies, get better guns, loop. Except then there's slag/grog nozzle that ruins half of it.

Yeah, but in practice Krieg is the best since he never truly dies.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Attestant posted:

The BL1 remaster is a bit of a mess. I can't play it with a friend online unless we setup exactly identical refresh rates, FPS locking and vsync settings. Otherwise the player joining will desync like mad.

I was trying it online with a friend the other night and while we got it running fairly smooth after tweaking a bunch of setting, eventually it froze up completely and I had to do a physical power cycle on my computer.

I can't even remember the last time I've had a game crash that hard on me.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Anyone else instinctively think of the fantasy novelist whenever the name David Eddings is mentioned?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Solumin posted:

Same, I was extremely confused at first.

Now that I think of it, has there been any games based in the Pawn of Prophecy universe?

It seems odd why there hasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've seen people bitching that Amara got nerfed in a recent patch. I've never really played her at high levels so I'm not sure what was changed.