Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I really dig Gearbox's trailer music choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Bugsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Gu1PspA3Y&t=160s

Who is the guy next to Hammerlock and Aurelia? At 2:40 if the timecode doesnt work.

I wondered if this wasn't Vaughn from Tales.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

I really want hobo man to be loaderbot. I know it wont be. but man id like that

I assumed it was at first. I really hoped someone from Tales made it into the playable character group. Fiona was practically being groomed for it.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

orcane posted:

The references to loader bot etc. were confusing to me and now I'm playing through TftBL and :swoon:

Tales has some of the best cinematics. The episode 2 opener is one of my all-time favorites.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Lid posted:

You misspell Gaige

:hfive:

e: Also, Tales has one of the best Borderlands bosses, Bossa Nova.

NofrikinfuN fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 31, 2019

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Tei posted:

I did not liked TPS much, was a too much a flawed game, on top of Borderlands that by itself is a package of flaws. But now, I would continue playing, if I still had a copy around.

I feel like the zero gravity made everything feel like it was moving in slow motion. Coupled with everything being Australian to the core, it felt really disconnected from the rest of the series. I had some fun with it, but the time would have been better spent just bolting new characters and maps onto BL2.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Moze looks like a cross between Gaige and Axton, so I will probably play her first.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Didn't expect to be minorly excited about Borderlands 1 in 2019

I kind of wish I had waited to do a BL1 playthrough now. Then again, if they didn't tweak the enemy AI, it probably won't make much difference anyway.

Still, pretty rad that it's a free update. Kind of makes you wonder if they're not going to break from the traditional 4 characters and let you play as some characters from previous games, since they already did the visual update work.

e: In BL3, I mean

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Rinkles posted:

:ughh: "remaster"

Watch the same three goons walk single-file out of Bonehead's camp and fire randomly until you engage them

IN HD

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Risky Bisquick posted:

It might as well be the gunblade from FF7, he already looks like he's a Cloud Strife imo

Buster sword
:goonsay:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Not being very subtle about these two being Handsome Jack's kids, the guy basically him with tattoos and a new haircut in this shot.

This made me take another look at his mug and i noticed he has gauges in his ears and now I hate him even more

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Sab669 posted:

So are they not adding anything new to Tediore? This was fun, but if everyone else is getting neat new gimmicks why not something additional here too :(

I read this like Tediore was the "guns with LEGS :byodood:" part of the trailer

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

lol if you throw it when it's out of ammo and you just hear the trigger click over and over with no booms

I never fired more than one shot per clip from my favorite Tediore gun because it was much more valuable as grenade spam. If you can do the same with guns with legs, it would be pretty great to have 5 mobile clips running around firing at enemies.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I really want more info on Zane. I think we have a decent vague idea of what everyone else does but not for him.

Looks like he might be similar to Wilhelm from TPS.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Borderlands 1's rather dull areas make me appreciate BL2 a whole lot more, I'd forgotten just how much of the game was set in junkyards with poo brown for colour everywhere.

Yeah, I played BL2 first and when I got around to Borderlands it felt almost like an early beta or something. It picks up a bit around the time you run into the Crimson Lance, but the early game feels pretty weird and barren.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Uh, so the Destroyer is now a lot tougher than it was in base BL1, it has a buttload more health than before and now summons exploding rakk minions which divebomb you constantly, on the plus side 6 or so chests spawn when it dies so you don't need to worry about loot flying out of bounds.

I was told there would be lootsplosions :colbert:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I never found a class in TPS I really gelled with, but that doesn't mean they're terrible. Given the game they're in, they're probably the best thing about it. I still laugh when I think of the way Wilhelm says 'no' during the inspirational poster quest.

I really enjoyed using Blood Rush with Athena, but it was a huge bummer when I was specced to gently caress things up in melee and had to fight a giant airship or something. I could chain through trash mobs in a super satisfying way, but in the end I had to rely on some fire shotgun to kill the final boss because my main skill wasn't effective enough.

I also got that skill criminally late in the game to begin with. :argh:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Tei posted:

You mean moving slow over a 3D space while hitscan enemies use your body for target practice?

High jumping and using Blood Rush makes you feel like a bird of prey :black101:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Rinkles posted:

you're unlikely to be at level 50 if you speedrun TVHM, and you'd have a bad time in UVHM without good gear anyway. (a lot of people don't like UVHM at all, i don't mind it after adjusting to it).

I loaded up my Gaige to mess around a bit and decided to try and make a go of UVHM and it has not been very fun at all. I had to unload clip after clip into the most basic enemies and slag damage is pretty much required if you ever want to kill anything. Honestly, I'd rather level a new character than continue.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I liked turning Axton's turret into a tactical nuke. I just deployed it and picked it back up ASAP to lower the cooldown.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I hope Chris Rager is back as Mr Torgue and some miscellaneous enemies. His dialogue always makes me laugh.

He just commits to it.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Man, I'm replaying some BL2, does the area around the Happy Pig physically nauseate anyone else? I wear headphones and every couple seconds those drat pumps make a loud THUMP and everything on the screen shakes and :barf:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Andrigaar posted:

Anyway, TPS is barely scratching that looter-shooter itch, so I'll probably end up dusting off BL2 to run around Son of Crawmer-whatever-max finally. And trying to max level my Berserker in BL1 after that.

It's a real shame that TPS wasn't just more BL2 expansions. I would be interested in playing the new character types, but Elpis sucks big time. It's so dull and empty and the music makes me want to take a nap.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Ruflux posted:

Borderlands 2 wasn't a union gig, so nah. Also mixed casting isn't an insurmountable issue but union actors do command higher rates so it could genuinely just be Troy Baker is too expensive for the part Rhys plays in the story and so Gearbox just went "gently caress that, we'll replace him". It's pretty common and has happened to multiple of his roles recently, with few exceptions.

I'm curious what'll happen to Tiny Tina, though. Losing Ashly Burch would kind of royally gently caress the whole character up.

Tina at least has an obvious age difference to explain the change. The jump from adolescence to late teens/adulthood can be pretty big and still be believable.

Maybe Rhys could get away with faking an accent to go with his mustache?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I am unashamedly a Tiny Tina fan and it's going to be hilarious hearing a non-union VA scab trying to replicate Burch.

I feel like Gaige's voice actress could pull off a grown up Tina. Gaige already felt kinda like Tina's older sister.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Did they cut live action Lilith? I had to look this up and saw some ancient G4 footage where they were talking about the casting call and filming but I don't remember it in the game at all.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Zoran posted:

She appears in live action whenever she contacts the player after the Control Core Angel sequence.

Weird, I must have glossed over it.

It looks real bad.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

watho posted:

TPS has the best final boss imo but the dahl jet you fight before it is possibly the worst boss in any game i've ever played, except for maybe supreme calamitas but that doesn't really count

Fighting that jet as melee Athena almost made me quit and roll a new character.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

BinaryDoubts posted:

I truly hope there aren't any penny-ante bullshit +4% whatever skills in the new game. I'd love if it was more like Diablo 3 in terms of every choice being a significant, important trade-off with a noticeable effect. I'm not too optimistic about them making those kinds of changes (dumping WoW-style quests would be another) but you never know, I guess.

I unironically support a return to Diablo 2 1.10's solution to skill trees, synergies. :colbert:

Diablo 2 was also superior to Borderlands because you got so many skill points. It's a lot more fun with more variety and more regular increments.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

orcane posted:

The first time I played through BL2 after it came out I got Bewm Boom's legendary (Bonus Package, the double MIRV grenade), used it for what felt like forever, and it was my only legendary drop for the entire playthrough.

It's a really great grenade mod, and I've never seen it drop since :v:

I got this on my first run too. It's pretty rad and I killed myself a bunch of times because you can clear a room and put yourself into fight for your life simultaneously.

When I learned about the fastball though, I went farming.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I miss MPlayer. :(

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I don't know which grenades are worth using so I always equip the ones that spilt into child grenades that also split into even more child grenades. I basically die whenever I throw them.

I like the Fastball most because sometimes you want something dead as hell and can't wait for a fuse. It's especially great if you take Axton's skill to throw grenades during fight for your life.

It's also :krad: to throw one at a bandit technical that is about to run you over.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Andrigaar posted:

I'm pretty sure Baroness also has a skill that procs of cold damage ticks. Oh, TPS, why are only your hero classes pretty drat cool?

This reminds me, it is supremely lame that Baroness and Jack appear on the character select screen even if you don't own the dlc.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I forgot how grating it was having Jack heckle you through the entire BL2 story mode. His "look how cruel and sadistic I am" schtick is lame.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The QR codes on the envelopes in BL2 say

"NICK WILSON

HO OH"

if you scan them. I could swear I've seen other QR codes in the background as well. Were these scannable before, or is it part of the texture update?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Danger - Octopus! posted:

The jump pad boss you fight early in TPS is the worst. I think I spent 5 minutes after his intro splash screen just trying to find him.

Deadlift sucks.

All future Borderlands bosses should be given the Bossanova treatment. That dude is interesting, has a great theme, a great entrance and a full rap/dubstep track. He was only in Tales act 1 but he is more memorable than any BL2/TPS bosses in my opinion.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Really the trick with Brick is that his explosives skill tree is downright broken once his skill skills activate. And then if you supplement it with his melee tree he becomes downright unstoppable. Who needs a healing shield when you can drop a berserker rampage and heal back everything in seconds while your explosive fists kill everything around you?

I started a BL2 playthrough as Zero with the community patch. The first thing I've noticed is that drop rates are a lot quicker now and there's a better spread of quality across the loot drops.
I don't know if it will fix the late game issues of rabid enemies or being vastly overleveled ensuring your loot drops are useless, but so far it's pretty good! I'm going all Sniper build on Zero after I went Ninja assassin with my last playthrough.

I'm doing a sniper Zero run right now as well. It's amazing how much easier it is to hit your mark when the scope isn't drifting all over the place. I'm even enjoying run-ins with Buzzards with him.

What I'm not enjoying is threshers. Why do they have pinpoint accuracy at a mile distance, the ability to move fast, hide and apparently hides made out of steel? Also, no easily discernible critical spots.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wait until you find a badass fire Thresher.

lol I forgot about that area

Holy moly does that fight suck

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I played the poo poo out of BL2 back when it was new-ish and through all the DLC. For some reason I never played and glossed over anarchy Gaige. This feels like cheating.

It's not cheating if you SMASH THE SYSTEM :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Yeah, he's really not making a good case for this not being slag. Slag didn't have a DoT, right? I guess that's something.