Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

J.A.B.C. posted:

Huh. Could be because I'm in South Korea, but it kept giving me the 'could not connect' message.

I had to close the application entirely on my PS4 and restart it to get Shift to connect for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Kragger99 posted:

Not sure if anyone has a fix, but is there something I need to do to be able to get the prompt to enter the VIP codes? I've reset cookies, and disabled adblock - still don't have the option.

Whenever I have problems like that I also try the site in a different browser.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What time on release day will the game become playable? Trying to figure out when I should leave work.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
When you buy a gun from the VIP rewards, it gets delivered to the next character you log in with, right? So it will get fixed to the level of that character?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Sorry- I meant if you buy guns for the earlier games, like Borderlands 2.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Dewgy posted:

Sony’s had it streamed a few times. Locked 30 seems to be what they’re marketing but the pro has a 60fps cap mode. Probably gonna be a little chuggy but not unplayable.

Would running a game off an SSD have any effect on framerates on the original PS4, or is this an issue for the video card only?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I'm running Moze with a grenades build and I have one skill point left, should I put another in the Phalanx Doctrine skill or put one in the skill that starts shields recharging upon a crit hit (Force Feedback)?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

hamsystem posted:

Honestly I went from 5 to like 30 so fast this last time I couldn't really say I did anything special. Just tried to stay alive as best I could. Getting constant appropriate level gear probably helped a lot too.

Do you need to finish the round successfully or is the xp just that good in the activity?

Also thanks to the posters above for answering my question on skill choice.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Greenplastic posted:

I got a few lucians calls but the damage seems kind of low - even when critting TTK is much higher than other good guns. What am I missing?

The benefit is the high number of bullets that are ricocheting to nearby enemies with a high rate of fire; The large magazine means you don't lose any time during Fade to reloading. It's for when you want to hit everything on the screen at once. You wouldn't use it to DPS a boss or single target when other guns have higher output.

I got a Rowan's call the other day though and that thing is absolutely disgusting.

Are there any SMGs worth keeping? It's not a class I tend to favor in shooters and I want to clear my bank out.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Target Practice posted:

Is it just me or is this game harder than the other two? I'm playing Fl4k and it seems like fights take forever and my weapons are garbage, even at a low level. I just killed gigamind so I know I'm not up there level wise.

I remember being underpowered but not this bad.

Part of this is just learning the game I think, I did my first run-through with Moze, and I remember being really pissed off at boss fights. My second run-through with Fl4k and I don't think I died to a single boss, I did have some hand-me-down weapons from Moze but I didn't go out of my way to always update my loadout. I definitely didn't have anything uber for the Gigamind fight.

If you're frustrated with a boss, go do side-quests, you'll learn the character and playstyle better and level a little at the same time.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I'm getting ambient sound out of my rear speakers, but dialogue is no longer being mixed in surround- it just pans between my front speakers.

Any ideas on this? I can't find any options in the game to make changes to surround sound but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Niwrad posted:

Good till tomorrow morning.

WZCTT-5CSZT-ZW3KW-333JT-69ZW6

Can you get legendaries out of Golden Chests?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

When are these changes coming? With the next DLC? I'm having massive problems watching the Twitch links.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Is there a good spot to farm loot ghosts? If it matters, I'm playing fl4k with fade and intro legendaries (my guns are the ones you get from completing all the hunt and target-of-opportunity quests). I just got into the game and would like to get the grenade before the holiday event ends.

Also, do you get more loot ghosts in higher difficulty or is mayhem 1 just as likely to get you ghosts as mayhem 3?

Find a spot with a high density of enemies. Or somewhere with waves of enemies, so try to unlock a circle of slaughter. I can't remember what's good as you're playing through the story though, maybe run through Athenas or the Skywell from start to finish? Basically the ghosts are haunting enemies by some percentage, so you want to increase the number of enemies you see per unit time. Driving from spawn to spawn on a large map like the droughts wastes time- every moment spent driving instead of encountering enemies is a waste.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Hyperactive posted:

So, bring up the Sanctuary map like you are going to teleport to it. And use the L stick to select the New U Station / travel point / whatever. Now you can hold X to go there.

Before if you just hit X it would sorta assume that’s what you wanted but now you have to actually choose the spawn point from the map even though that’s the only one.

If you're playing on PS4 you can just push down on the D-pad while on the map screen, it will select the Sanctuary waypoint, just a bit faster than manually pushing the cursor over to the stop itself.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Trastion posted:

That is what broke in the patch, It doesn't do this anymore. It selects the words on the menu but doesn't move the cursor to the waypoint marker. You have to move it manually.

Ooooooh, then it must be a different issue for me. Used to be that when I opened the Sanctuary level in my map, cursor was automatically on the travel waypoint and I could just press X to travel.

Now, even though the waypoint is highlighted in orange as if it was selected, I have to push down on the D-pad and then press X. But I don't have to manually move the cursor with my controller stick.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Dewgy posted:

Did the patch break Guardian bonuses or is something just messed up on my end? Can’t ADS in FFYL and I dont’t get full health on a second wind any more.

Yes, it did. You can still earn progress to new guardian ranks but they're doing nothing right now.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
How do the new loot pools work- do bosses have curated pools, so there are legendaries that they simply cannot drop, or do they have an increased chance to drop specific legendaries?

Would like to farm some Rowan's call but not sure if I'm wasting time with Graveward. Did finally get a level 50 laser-sploder.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Saxophone posted:

Quick question: I played at launch and have a non pro PS4. I had some input lag that was somewhat mitigated by fiddling with the settings but very present.

Today I played split screen at a friend's and had absolutely no input lag, but he has a pro.

Has this been fixed? I haven't played since a week after the game came out.

in general, I saw some lag got improved with patches over time on my non-Pro PS4. But I saw much greater improvement buying a $90 external Samsung SSD and moving my active games over to that.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Lumpy posted:

Do artifacts only give you bonuses if you are sliding / slamming (depending on the artifact, obviously) or am I missing something or haven't seen any good ones yet.

There are other action-dependent bonuses. Some give you bonuses on killing badass enemies, others on using your melee. Some bonuses/perks are on all the time like bonus to weapon damage/damage type, max health, etc.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't think I've seen a Loot Tink outside offline mode since they patched it.

I just saw one last night, they're there but rare, and the loot is crap if you're not underleveled.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I used to use Icy Veins for diablo 3 builds back in the day, are there BL3 builds any good/kept up to date?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Sex Hobbit posted:

guess whose crit fl4k picked up a dastardly maggie tonight?? THIS GUY. Thing loving MELTS anointed zealots.

I've got 3 or 4 of these and never used them because I tried one out weeks ago and my first impressions weren't great, but I think maybe I had the range wrong. I've been using one that dropped for my Zane the other day though and it's fantastic on him, but I then moved one to my crit fl4k and it doesn't seem to be an improvement over my Queen's Call. I was farming Graveward though- is that outside the range where maggie would shine?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Do you use Iron Bear ever? I heard it actually had utility now but I haven't touched my Moze since they nerfed the grenades.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

MarshyMcFly posted:

paired with a roisens thorns

What's good about this gun? This is another that I have a couple in my stash but haven't bothered to play around with.

Really wish I could have gotten a roided ghast call, I must have found dozens of them but the only non-vanilla one that dropped was while my friend was powerleveling me in coopetition mode so I let him have it since he was doing all the work.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Martian Manfucker posted:

I hit 50 and now I don't know what to do. I want to make my Amara a punch Amara since I had a lot of fun with that leveling up.

Where/what can I do to get started in the end-game? I can comfortably do Mayhem 2. Mayhem 3 is out of my reach for now, stuff takes too long to die.

You can farm some bosses like Graveward repeatedly for drops until you get key pieces of gear for whatever build you're going for; if that gets boring you can run something like Proving Grounds or Circles of Slaughter that have high densities of enemies.

Play on the highest difficulty setting that you can clear enemies quickly. You want to be increasing the number of loot drop rolls per unit time to increase the chance the particular item you want drops for you.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I started a new character before finishing the game just to have a change in playstyle every once in a while when I got to a part on my main that was boring or a chore. I wouldn't recommend going all in and trying to keep 2+ characters at the same point in the game simultaneously though, it'd take forever to get one playthrough done.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Remulak posted:

Game is fun, but not so fun I'd want to repeat the whole damned thing to try a different character. Is there a way to just switch characters (XBone if it matters).

Get someone with a level 50 to rush you in coopetition mode in True Vault Haunter mode, you can get to level 50 pretty fast. Still have to play through the game, but at level 50 you can just rush through all the early levels.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

cage-free egghead posted:

Seems to only happen when messing with setting items as junk. But yeah. Gbx

This has been the case for me since launch.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

cage-free egghead posted:

Having not been crazy about the story or non-major characters they all seem to just blend together. There were several times during the story where I'd get confused as to who was talking, Rhys or Katagawa. Vaughn was incredibly forgettable but the one line about watching his rear end while he runs was hilarious. Overall each of the non vault hunter male characters sounded way too similar or they just couldn't come up with too differing of personality. I don't really know how to pinpoint how I feel about it, I just felt like they were all too samey.

The voice actors for Katagawa and Rhys sounded so similar I thought they were the same person until I looked it up, but I think that was by design- Zero mentions that Katagawa was obsessed with Rhys, and seems to have a bit of a stalker's crush on him.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What's the point of mayhem 4 on maliwan- is there a mayhem 4 specific legendary?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

...! posted:

OK, but is there a point to anointed/badass spawns? They don't seem to be giving much better loot in Mayhem than the other enemies and/or chests. Are they more generous in TVHM?

There are some items that will give you a boost to damage for a period of time after killing a badass, so having more around increases uptime on the damage boost.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

DarkDobe posted:

I thought they were kaiboshing the whole Shift thing?

No Shift, the VIP Insiders I think, which is a different rewards program.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Internet Explorer posted:

So I beat the game for the first time and restarted on TVHM instead of Mayhem. I guess that's a preference thing and I'm fine? I didn't see a way to put more than 1 Mayhem when I was playing around with it, does that come over time?

The pedestal has different areas you can interact with, if you click on one side it decreases the mayhem level, click on the other and the level increases.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I'm trying to use an emote for one of the sidequests that requires it, but every time I hold down the Options button on my PS4 controller I just get some weird Playstation icon appear for a moment. It looks like a square with a camera icon. Does anyone know what's going on here and why i can't access the emotes?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

ShadowedFlames posted:

Your controller is apparently treating the Options button as the Share button, and saving screenshots to your hard drive. Are the buttons remapped?

I wasn't aware of consciously remapping the buttons- do you mean within bl3 itself, or is this a remap with the playstation console? I've always had to hit the Options button to save a screenshot or video, but this wasn't an issue before when I started playing Borderlands.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rinkles posted:

What button do you use to quit? That should be the options button. Share is on the left, Options is on the right. Pretty sure you can't remap the share button.

I'm sorry, I meant the Share button, kept writing Options for some reason. So my Share button is the one that's no longer bringing up emotes when I hold it down.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rinkles posted:

Yeah, you need to hold down Options for emotes.

Ahhhh ok I was using the wrong button from the jump, thanks.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Is there a build for Moze that's viable in M4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rinkles posted:

The new buffs might make Moze M4 viable with minimal gear requirements. You’ll just need a decent com

When the game dropped Bloodletter was the one I used (with Deathless), are there better choices now?