Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
If anyone wants more Tash she did a few episodes of the Adam Buxton Podcast awhile back - WWDITS comes up a bit in the second one. Actually come to think of it there's a Matt Berry one too.

It tickles me that she's made so much professional hay out of basically doing an impression of her Dad. A lot like Matt Berry and his 'silly voice he used to do to amuse his friends in secondary school'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

RedneckwithGuns posted:

He did this pronunciation thing in pretty much every show he's ever done from Mighty Boosh to Toast of London (except maybe that new Year of the Rabbit show) and every time he does it my SO loses her poo poo it's hilarious. I love it

He literally came up with his Matt Berry Shtick when he was in secondary school. It's pretty amazing and great that he's managed to make an entire career out of a silly voice and manner he made up to amuse his mates

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

I'm also super glad Nadja's actress was able to convince the show runners to not make her the straight character. It would've been so much worse if she'd been the stereotypical sitcom woman who exists only to make frowny faces and disapprove of her fat and stupid husband's antics.

Instead she gets to be just as stupid and crazy as Laszlo and Nandor, albeit in her own ways. For instance in the music episode she was genuinely impressed by Laszlo's surprising rhyming of "cream" with "cream".

I remember reading that Kaitlin Olson did the same thing with Always Sunny. The 'Straight Woman' cliche definitely needs to be done away with

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Persian Frank Zappa!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think binging Wellington Paranormal would make it get old pretty fast. It's not a deep or lore-focused show, the characters have zero depth, it's just a bunch of poo poo NZ cops dealing with the paranormal in the same way they deal with everything else. It's great on a weekly basis.

This is true, I watched it pretty intensely and burned out in season two pretty hard. It's not like WWDITY, the basic plot of every episode is pretty much exactly the same, just the details change.

Once weekly seems like the perfect rate to me

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I went on a little bender and somewhere, I thought here but I'm probably mistaken, I saw a recommendation for the kiwi show Late Night Big Breakfast.

I'm not one to binge on a show, but once I saw the first episode I was absolutley hooked. A smooth blend of mockumentary, dry wit and absurdism, it's a hell of a find and worth the dig. It's a definite pro-click if you like Wellington Paranormal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEB9s2zpq8

e: catching the cast and crew corpsing is probably the best part

lol this is pretty good

It's a bit more...completely insane, and it's not Kiwi, but check out Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Gaunab posted:

I know it was probably mentioned before but I like that Lazlo and Sean are actually good friends now.

Yeah, same. I like that he's actually kinda approaching 'benign', at least so far as an undead killer parasite goes.

Turns out if you scorn power and content yourself with suckin', fuckin' and hangin' out with your buds you might wind up a better (un)person!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Only two episodes in of new Toast but it's lost absolutely none of its charm and humour, it's brilliant

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Excellent! So it still has... CHArisssmaaaaaaaaaar?

YEEEEaaassssssss :smug:

E need a Toast version of that smiley

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I'm glad they did

This is one of my favourite line deliveries of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al8JhJQeoNY

I poo poo THEE NAY!!!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

sonatinas posted:

Please watch dark place.

also Toast of London

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Holy shiiit lmao

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Lazlo at least just straight up likes and cares about people full stop

Which is why he is the best vampire :3:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

and the voice of Nightwing in Harley Quinn

Huh, no poo poo

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

I haven’t watched Peep Show in years. I thought about an episode the other day. Maybe this is a sign I should rewatch it. Though I’m also a little worried it might not hold up.

It's a good time to do so since it had its 20th anniversary recently. My partner and I have taken the opportunity to rewatch it for, like, the seventh time (and so has a lot of the rest of the uk judging by what I'm seeing online), and it's still absolutely incredible.

Despite the occasional cartoonish moment it is a painfully accurate depiction of being a mediocre english stunted co-dependent male living in the 21st century. Ask me how I know lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Better to just avoid anything British if you don’t want to see a TERFy idiot.

Yeah, seriously. This island is a reactionary toilet.

There are nuggets of decency floating about, but it's mostly hateful poo poo

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah, he's a genuinely good lad.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

I tried watching the pilot of the IT Crowd, found it terribly unfunny, and now Glinner is trying as hard as he can to make my life worse, so I likely never will, but by all accounts Berry was loving fantastic in it, yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP7LHHR91lE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

If you want super obscure but still amazing Berry seek out

1) Matt Berry Does (on YouTube)
2) House of Fools (by Vic and Bob - no idea how this will translate, but I love it/them)