Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
I know "Mon" means "man", but I don't think "och" means anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

A while

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

thekeeshman posted:

The first few eps of Toast of London are the weakest, it gets a lot better as the series goes on. I actually stopped watching after the first ep until my wife watched the rest and convinced me to give the rest a shot.

The first episode has the surgical mishap, did you not find that funny?

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

thekeeshman posted:

Lol the fact that they devoted like half the episode to that lame quasi-gag (and completely wasted a Julian Barratt cameo) was half the reason I stopped watching. Maybe it would be funnier if I knew or cared who Bruce Forsythe is (was?), but I gather he's like a British Dick Clark or something so probably not.

It could have been any old white guy, the absurdity of that situation was what I found funny.

Natasia Demetriou was great and I'd be more than happy to see a spin-off about Carman.
If were talking about wasted cameos they brought in Bill Hader and had him do two "sorry I thought I was muted" jokes. I didn't think the Larry David cameo was any better.

Julian Barrett hasn't been in Toast, if you're talking about the surgeon that's Harry Peacock as Ray Purchase. He does look a lot like Barret with tache, I've always assumed that Purchase was written for Barrett but they had to recast and found someone with a similar face.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Very same. Peacock is great and gives Purchase a wild eyed intensity that Barrett may not have been able to muster.

The revelation that he's supershredded was hilarious.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

HOLY gently caress posted:

god FINALLY Guillermo, I love that he stole all their loving money :lmao:

Also I felt bad for Laszlo, he looked so sad that Colin Robinson didn’t remember him raising him from a baby :(

Also I love Matt Berry’s voice :allears:

🎶 it’s not my fault, you stupid motherfuckers it’s yours!
It’s not my fault, you thick pieces of poo poo, it’s yours! 🎵

I thought maybe he was lying to Lazlo so he could feed on his sadness. What was Colinrobinson whistling as he walked away?

Hopefully Berry will release a WWDITS ep via Acid Jazz, really want a full version of There Is A Giant Bird Stealing My Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Leon Sumbitches posted:

And Who Will Come First on the Wedding Night? and There Is A Girl in my Village with a Very Small Foot really need a full version released

Berry has been with Acid Jazz for over ten years which means they would probably let him do whatever he wanted.

In a perfic world we would be pre-ordering Who Will Come First on the Wedding Night? on 12inch "Post Honeymoon" pink and splattered white coloured vinyl. Limited to 69 copies, signed by Matt Berry and Natasia Demetriou