Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Clarke being affected by stuff that turns people into homicidal maniacs causes some sort of buffer overflow into trying to kill herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rocksicles posted:

Octavia now has a 149 year old hand, she's not going to be so punchy

My first thought was 'Octavia gets superpowers !' when the weird light thing came in. Having a 149 year old hand would be pretty special were it not for Diyoza's 300 year pregnancy.

This episode really looked gorgeous, more then normal with the lighting and the sets, I checked imdb for a new director or something but it was a veteran of the show's third episode as well as being first AD on 56 (!) more eps. One other name stood out, the stunt double for the first girl getting the mind transfer was Monroe.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
drat it Murphy, I thought you would play those Primes for suckers while plotting a backstab rather then kind of going along with it.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I'm down with the whole Death To Primes things but they sure come out of the brainwipes looking cool as hell.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
This season got too convoluted towards the end in trying too much with an already used plot device of people being taken over by another consciousness. Between the actual Primes, the pretend Primes, the Primes pretending to be the original host, the original host pretending to be a Prime, people on drugs, Darth Heda and Octavia not remembering her stay in the Anomaly there were few people left who were just themselves.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Any Diyoza centered episode is fine with me, she's the best character on the show.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
JR Bourne's subtle shift from one kind of immortal to another is really well done. As Russel Prime he did not really have work hard to keep his status but now as Sheiheda you can feel the power behind his words and actions.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

muscles like this! posted:

I have to wonder if this was all planned out so many years ago because otherwise why would they cast John Pyper-Ferguson for such a small part?

Maybe Kelly Hu can make a surprise comeback as well in the finale.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
There is something off about the scene where Diyoza, Octavia and Echo take off their mask. Their movements are too identical and their expressions blank as if they are fake like masks or hologram simulations. Or chips in their brains running the show for now.

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 10, 2020

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
How many times is this now that Murphy tried to sacrifice himself to save someone else ? Five ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

kdrudy posted:

Totally on board with with Murphy being the final hero. He'll take the test.

Seeing this is my main motivation to keep watching. And if he ascends to being a Space God he can heal Raven and that would be the perfect ending.