Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This day is full of too many bad jokes so I for one will not participate in that and frankly demand more from my chat thread. If you came for some prank or pun in your chat thread, well then you came to the wrong place. This has nothing to do with me almost forgetting to put this up and the best suggestion for a thread title being "cum"...

SO what games are coming this month you may ask? Well...

Bomber Crew: Complete Edition (PS4, Switch) – April 2
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Switch) – April 2
Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission (Switch, PC) – April 5
Dangerous Driving (PS4, Xbox One) – April 9
Neo Atlas 1469 (Switch) – April 9
Shovel Knight Showdown (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac) – April 9
Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – April 9
Zanki Zero: Last Beginning (PS4, PC) – April 9
Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain (PS4) – April 11
Nintendo Labo: VR Kit (Switch) – April 12
Konami Arcade Classics (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – April 13
Anno 1800 (PC) – April 16
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Xbox One, Switch) – April 16
Tanks Meet Zombies (Switch) – April 16
Wasteland 2 (Switch) – April 16
World War Z (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – April 16
Truberbrook (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – April 17
Cuphead (Switch) – April 18
Our World Is Ended (PS4) – April 19
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Switch) – April 23
Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – April 23
BoxBoy + BoxGirl (Switch) – April 26
Days Gone (PS4) – April 26
Super Meat Boy Forever (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, iOS, Android) – April 26
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Xbox One, Switch) – April 30

Wait...Days Gone is coming this month? Really? :lol:

Also, it's not listed but the early access build of Dreams is coming this month as well I believe. It's a slower month that last month to be sure but there are still some heavy hitters in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In other news I am very happy with my new avatar.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I honestly hope Days Gone turns out to be great but man am I not optimistic.

Really hyped for Dreams though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1112664603098578944

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

Haven't all these placeholder leaks been true?

No, not at all. These really have about the same chance of being true than not being true but considering Nintendo just had two directs and probably won't be announcing much until E3, I doubt they would be telling retailers about the games. Also unless it's another remake or for some reason a full priced game, LttP doesn't really seem like the type of thing they would even be selling.

I could be wrong and am probably wrong but we'll see I guess

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

what’s the best game meme

As OP of this thread I am legally obligated to say "Bowsette"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I am like 10 pages late, but Nier is a spinoff that is better than any game in the main series (though I really love Drakengard 3, even if it doesn't deserve that love)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't care about an easy mode as long as you can turn it off. The thing that was annoying in the Mario games was it just appeared and made an annoying noise when you died too much and I often die because I'm trying to explore and find secrets and that just disencourages that. 3D Land even had it so you couldn't get a truly complete save if one appeared (though really all it did was make your save file sparkle) but there shouldn't really he any difference at all.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I also sort of hate when a game asks you if you'd like to switch to easy mode, though only when it default onto "yes". The worst is there are some games where this is the only way to switch the difficulty mid game, so if you accidentally pick "yes", you can't change it back.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
iirc the Uncharted games have a adaptive difficulty that they don't tell you about. Like if you keep dying in the same spot it will slightly help you without telling you.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Kanfy posted:

Adaptive difficulty is fine as long as you can turn it off, forced rubberbanding I'm not a fan of.

Well at least with Uncharted no one even noticed it was there until a programmer said that it was in the game. It's very subtle about it apparently.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

Didn't Crash Bandicoot have that kind of thing or am I thinking of something else

It did. It would respawn you with a mask or in extreme cases would literally spawn a new checkpoint for you if you died too much.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

Isn't blazblue lore like 90% comedy?

I loving wish. The actual attempts at plot are mostly nonsense but when they go fo comedy it can be alright. Still amazed they managed to pull the story out of the tailspin it was in end it pretty decently though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really do love Drakengard 3 (I have 100% of trophies for fucks sakes, including the dlc) but man would I be reluctant to recommend it to anyone. Yes the combat is better than Nier but it's also all of the gameplay rather than part of it. It's not terrible but definetly lacking for a game based around combat. I still liked it but it doesn't take much for me to enjoy a hack n slash game. And yes I played the PS3 version which would literally become unplayable at times due to framerate issues on a game that, at best, looked like a first gen PS3 game.

Still, I do love that game, it's weird story, it's unpleasant characters and confusing plot. I even love the troll true end boss which took me I think two hours to beat (which looking online is pretty quick). It also has my favorite soundtrack of the Taro games, which is impressive considering how good the music in both Nier games are but oh my god the boss musics own so much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbnsm2w1S50

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Isn't the comedy mostly x has big titties and noel is bad at cooking

It also had Tao acting like a cat.

But yes that what it mostly was and it was still far FAR better than when the plot just goes into it's lore.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The control scheme certainly didn't help though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
How was 7 aka XX?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I like Eggman's line

But are they really not using Robotnik

Sega haven't used the name Robotnik in about 20 years. Sonic Adventure 1 was the last time they used it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, every new MK11 character they show looks better than the last. Like this week they revealed an Earth goddess and now a Shokan hoarder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk5JI1CsQGQ

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I would play it more before declaring that

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nioh is very good but it's also a game that doesn't show it's major flaws up front and it's also a game that, at least for me, after awhile I just wanted to get it over with.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I didn't find the loot especially satisfying because it's the type of system where it's more about numbers going up then having anything make you feel kind powerful or different and it also gives you so much junk.

I think my take away from Nioh was that its combat was on average way better than Souls games but just about everything else is worse. That isn't to say that everything is necessarily bad and having better combat certainly ain't nothing but at least I had mixed but still positive feelings about that game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I played Chasm this week and it was a fun if basic Metroidvania that leans far more heavily on the Vania part of that. The thing that's weird as hell about it though is that the game is supposed to procedurally generated but I also had a friend play and his game pretty much looks exactly the same. It was weird because while playing it, I didn't really feel many if any of the downsides of making your game like that and it turns out they seemed to have claimed procedural generation in hopes that would get them more attention when really if anything it probably scared people away (and if people wanted that, they would have just gone with Dead Cells, which came out around the same time and had actual procedurally generated levels.

Still, it's a fun game if you like Metroidvanias like I do, even if it doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything.

Also seconding that the PS4 Godzilla game was a terrible game but a very good trying to move in a bulky rubber suit simulator.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The amount of people defending the nintendo online system was :psyduck:

:lol: as soon as I saw this post I thought of writing down "In Training will respond to this by dissing Sony for some reason" and sealing it in an envelope to show off my amazing future prediction skills but I got distracted and now it's too late.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to think I might need to get this VR bird
https://twitter.com/Ekanaut/status/1115141674064207872

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

When will they let Zelda compete in the Mario and Sonic Olympics

She keeps testing positive for "fairy dust", which is bullshit because everyone sees Mario downing "natural" supplements that also seem to make him instantly grow and Sonic last week was blue and now he's all glowy, gold and floating, yet they get to compete! The whole system is rigged I tells ya!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

is super mario regular size and small mario an itty bitty size or is small mario regular size and super mario a giant

He like is half as tall as the Princess when small and just slightly shorter when he's all mushroomed up, so I say it makes him regular size but at the same time he might normally be a midget.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
lol at getting mad a Devolver's E3 conference

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Devolver's press conference is try hard bullshit that's trying really hard to get people to talk about it no matter what and the fact that people still seem mad a year latter that they made a maga reference, which in terms of offensiveness is like late night talk show level, drat straight they're going to do the same bullshit again.

It just seems like getting mad at Ricky Gervais.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

i'm actually extremely mad at ricky gervais every second of every day

Somewhere, Ricky Gervais just got a massive erection and isn't sure why

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Witness owns

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
lol

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm totally Worm Eye Mario

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
... you know what I don't want to know

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My hand is currently cramped up from trying to do that really tricky jump in the treetop level in Spyro. How's everyone else's day going?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Paranoid Dude posted:

Bloodborne wasn't a masterpiece, but I think a lot of the reason why essentially no one jerks themselves off anywhere near as hard for beating it as Dark Souls boys do is because the game lacks the false/bad choice dynamics that Dark Souls had. Shields in Dark Souls are objectively bad, where Bloodborne has a gag item for a shield. One. Everyone always talks about the combat in Dark Souls, but very few people actually talk about the arcane and frustrating RPG mechanics and level up system. If you're a new player and don't really know what you're doing, you're almost certainly going to make THE WRONG, BAD, TERRIBLE choice of dumping a lot of levels into your health instead of Strength/Dex/Faith/Luck etc. This bad choice essentially locks you out of gear that you should be on-level for when you find it and makes the game infinitely harder than it's intended to be.

Don't act like that lovely "EXPLAIN WHAT STATS DO" overlay helped anyone either, most of my friends that are the biggest Soulsborne fans I know made the exact same mistake. In Bloodborne, the game offering two unique melee and ranged weapons from the outset tells you "hey, get ready to make choices, because the choices you make are going to start to hard-lock you into a fighting style." Because, if there's anything Dark Souls needed, it was something to say "get ready to make choices as your infinite potentiality gets narrower and narrower.

tl;dr: Bloodborne did a much better job of setting player expectations than Dark Souls.

And I think that's pretty cool.

Late, but seriously what the hell is with this post?

Also platted the Spyro remaster. The game holds up surprisingly well. There's a few things that have aged badly but overall it was a joy to play and holy poo poo does the remaster look good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

What are people’s gaming plans this weekend??

Have both my friends finish Chasm, maybe play some Transistor, maybe play the second Spyro or maybe play Timespinner or Teslagrad or something else.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm watching a speed run of the original Spyro so I can compare the visuals to the remaster and my God did they put a ton of work in, even more so than the Crash remaster.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My hand still hurts from playing Spyro yesterday :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Man, your Avatar doesn't work at all in the app.