Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

FirstAidKite posted:

Mike Jones for Smash

Hell yeah.

Also I just downloaded Baba is You and cleared the lake and I am prepared to have my brain melted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Caught up, time to respond to ancient poo poo in the thread!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Has there been a good Godzilla game?

I saw the one for PS4/Xbox One looked very bad

Godzilla Kaiju Daikessen for the Super Famicom is the second Godzilla fighting game and looks pretty good for a B-tier licensed Super Famicom fighting game. I've been meaning to grab a copy for a while.

FirstAidKite posted:

Dear games chat thread posters

What are some video game series that you wish had fighting game spin-offs and why?

F-Zero, you've got 30+ characters with outlandish comic book backstories to choose from, and one of them already has a moveset.

Jay Rust posted:

A dungeons and dragons fighting game would be dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_h0CdqaKvo

I said come in! posted:

For what it's worth, I think the character creation tool is still fully functional and public. NCSoft takes a pretty hard stance against private servers for their games, so this is probably not allowed to exist. Honestly I think if we were to play this game today, none of us would enjoy it. I feel like it's just a video game and doesn't matter if it disappears for good.

IIRC the character creation tool was made free briefly in North America but then pulled, but it was available in Korea for quite some time. Does anyone know where I can download it? I had it at one point a long time ago.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

cheetah7071 posted:

Thread activity name three games you like a lot more than conventional wisdom says you should

Dick Tracy (NES)
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GBA)

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Infinitum posted:

There was a Genesis-era game that used a similar possession mechanic? You had to scare people in a house as a ghost?

Haunting starring Polterguy. It's also on a PSP collection of early 90s EA games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVjmoJog8pQ

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Jay Rust posted:

What are some cool jesus games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Gripweed posted:

Yeah there were cool PS2 or Wii games set during extreme weather, but I don't know of any recent ones. Are modern super consoles are way better at weather effects, but I only hear about it when some open world game occasionally has rain or something else equally dull.

Disaster Report 4 was set to rise out of purgatory, but IIRC there was some trepidation over how it plays from some people? Haven't been following too closely.

Thunderstorms in Breath of the Wild were pretty cool and can feel extreme. I'll never forget a wolf chasing me through the rain and then getting smote by lightning into delicious meat.

bushisms.txt posted:

Watching shakedown hawaii early Access on twitch and it's definitely the game of the month for May. poo poo looks like a proper gta with actual satirical writing.

I'm cautiously looking forward to this one. I enjoyed Retro City Rampage well enough but it was very disjointed and rapid-fire in its pace, like it somehow took GTA1 and made everything even more wild and disconnected, and I've never felt much of an urge to revisit it. Haven't actually watched much of Shakedown beyond the initial trailer.