Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
K-ON is good, and _____ is the best
This poll is closed.
Yui! 22 21.78%
mio 19 18.81%
ritsu 10 9.90%
Mugi 21 20.79%
Azusa 9 8.91%
Ui 5 4.95%
Jun 2 1.98%
Nodoka 6 5.94%
Sawako 7 6.93%
Total: 101 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tomorrow, April 3rd 2019, is the 10 year anniversary of my favourite anime of all time. I love k-on and it's time for us to come together and celebrate the pinnacle of the slice of life genre.

Trying to write about k-on without saying "it's an adaption of a manga time kirara 4-koma" is tricky because that is what it is, but back in 2009 that wasn't a description of at least one anime a season. It's animated by kyoani and kinda started a style they used for a few subsequent shows. I feel like k-on was important for the evolution of the slice of life genre over the last decade and still holds up well today. It spawned games, countless CDs, a movie, it was huge. It's not just a show where nothing happens, characters develop and grow over the course of 37 episodes + movie that we're going to collectively re-experience.

For those of you who want the premise

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's an easy going slice of life show about a bunch of highschoolers who form a band, only they spend most of their time eating cake

ocassionally, they do gigs

So how this'll work is that to avoid anime burn out we're going to watch 2 episodes twice per week - this will be at midnight GMT (7PM EST) on Saturday night (Sunday morning) and Wednesday night (Thursday morning). We're starting this this weekend! I hope that makes sense.

Although there's no real spoilers in K-ON I'd appreciate the usual simulwatch rules of not talking about what we haven't seen yet, so that people who are experiencing this for the first time can react organically.

More stuff will be added to the op later

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm so proud of you

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Screw it. If it's gonna be 2 episodes a week, that seems manageable for me.

4, 2 per day

2 saturday, 2 Wednesday
37 episodes and a movue

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Beato Believer posted:

For the pedantic amongst us, the time is midnight GMT (7PM EST) on Saturday and midnight GMT (7PM EST) on Wednesday, correct?

Sorry, I spent way too many years writing software specs. Now any hint of vagueness bugs the hell out of me. For K-On, I might even join in a group activity for a change.

Yes, Americans will be watching at 7PM EST on Saturday and Wednesday. Sorry I have to sacrifice West coasters to my timezone.

We start this weekend with season 1 episodes 1 and 2

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

Midnight GMT is 8PM EDT, but the UK is in BST right now and I imagine Namtab just meant 'UK time'. It'll be 7pm Eastern time.

This is why Polsy is good, he understands me

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

lunar detritus posted:

I can't believe namtab would miss their own simulwatch.

I missed because I thought it was later :negative:

I forgot that it’s wrestlemania weekend and I am visiting a friend. I will react to k-on on Monday

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guys I totally didn't fall asleep on my sofa

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mio stop trying to act mature

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Study more, yui

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

Thinking about this chair design

Good chairs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thinking about yui relaxing

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Algebra or guitar. Pick one.

Cake

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

I just remembered the last time I watched this and had to listen to it repeatedly to figure out what they hadn't translated to make it make sense

Thanks for supporting the official release

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Holy poo poo Yui's bed hair is amazing

Hell yeah

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Fear of barnacles? Is that even a thing?

Maybe they're scared of long faces?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

Hmm, going to need an explanation for brown shirt Yui. She didn't have that in the opening shot of the first episode, even.

She loves rolling in the dirt

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

Extremely safe train window design

If you can't open a window why have one?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

So did Namtab miss his own simulwatch again? (I mean, I did too, but I was out of the house all day. Going to catch up tonight.)

Yeah I totally did and there's only one thing to do.

Wark, for every instance of the simulwatch I miss (barring this coming Saturday cause I genuinely can't make it) probate me for 3 days. Beat it into my thick skull that sleep is for the weak.:toxx:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm ready for some K-ON!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yui is a good sister and a good person and the best k-on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sometimes bad things happen to those who do the right thimg, but you shouldn't let that stop you doing what's right

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can't wait to see uis trick

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nintendo Ui

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah those are good presents, yui is a great sister

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Imagine if this hasn't come out 10 years ago, this seminal work, this masterpiece

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gently caress yeah it's azusa!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm glad mios lonely

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fun is fun.

Yui is a philosopher, she's the wisest woman of our generation

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Id forgotten how good the first asuza episode is

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sawako is integral

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Turns out the DVD extra for this disk is mios dub va singing a dub of fuwa fuwa time and it's bad. I'm not here tonight as mentioned but enjoy some k-on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

All Yui's are the best though!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im at hero movie which I forgot I had advance tickets for, enjoy k-on tonight

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

mycophobia posted:

are we starting on 11 tonight? I haven't quite caught up but I can go back later

11, 12. Saturday is the ova and !! Episode 1

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think 14 is the ova?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

K-on!! Is good. And yui is th e best

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

mycophobia posted:

dub watcher here. muahaha.

Get out of my thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yui is serious guitarist

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Whoa shes playing an important song. Polsy listen to the song she's playing at the start of the episide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

K-on is so deep. Layers of plot