Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

EorayMel posted:

Also this goon extremely mad at World of Warcraft then made a thread asking why people get suspicious/angry about setting cats on fire for context

https://soundcloud.com/user-641725526/wownerdssuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Vato posted:

What is this...

It's this:

EorayMel posted:

A post embodying GBS at its roots:

Which was pretty godamn obvious imo since you quoted it

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 7, 2019

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Honky Dong Country posted:

It's this:

Which was pretty godamn obvious imo since you quoted it

Push 'em back
push 'em back
wayyy back

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Honky Dong Country posted:

I'm not gonna read this one and I'll tell you why. For starters it's godamn racist as hell because even sub-Saharan Africa has made artistic contributions to the world both before and after the colonial era. For that matter there's even military history that's interesting as gently caress before and after the colonial era. But above all else, that post isn't even funny imo. It's a dumb loving rant that's not based in fact in even the slightest sense.

Don't get me wrong, my grasp of the history and culture as it applies to that post might be loose, but I don't see anything amusing about that post at all and thus I'm not interested in reading it.

So basically somebody either explain to me why that post is funny if I'm missing it, or suggest a better thing.

(To be clear Telebite, I'm for real not making GBS threads on you, I just don't think your submission merits a reading unless somebody can convince me that it's amusing somehow)

Yeah it's a bit much. It was a forums meme for a while which is why I posted it. I don't even know the original source, this was all I could find... something about Dinosaur Jerk? :p

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Telebite posted:

Yeah it's a bit much. It was a forums meme for a while which is why I posted it. I don't even know the original source, this was all I could find... something about Dinosaur Jerk? :p

I do legit appreciate the submission. But maybe try to find something that's just plain funny? The guideline you quoted tells you that I won't shy away from bad words, but I do prefer that any posts including said bad words be defensibly funny. Find me a good forums meltdown, or some classic quote or something. I think you understand the kind of thing I'm looking for. Hell look at the vast majority of EorayMel's submissions as an example. That dude's been submitting loving amazing stuff nine times out of ten.

But for real, just gimme something that's just plain funny. If it's funny I won't give a gently caress about the language involved.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

"oh woe is me, my battery is nearly dead oh what will i do??"

a strange panting man bursts into the room. he trips, his heavy backpack hits him in the back of the head, killing him instantly. as he lies there his backpack starts to make a hissing noise before several loud pops are heard and the whole thing catches on fire.

the end

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

https://soundcloud.com/user-641725526/shouldaboughtajansport

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Moooooooooore

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
President Obama has never had to face failure in his life. Adversity perhaps, but not failure. President Obama has spent his life running away from his failures by seeking temporary and risky pleasures that fed his fragile ego and gratified his desire to be happy: Exotic travel, drugs, homosexual encounters, Islam. All collide with common man causes and a playboy appetite; all disturbing and conflicted excesses; all difficult for anyone to make sense of.

I have always believed that President Obama is mentally ill. Many Americans are more comfortable accepting him as the anti-Christ or pure evil. For those Americans who have never dealt with a high functioning and severely mentally ill person, let me warn you, they can appear to be the very essence of evil and destruction from time to time. Then again, they can make you believe you are loved as well.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Hey HDC, what do you think of bitcoin? Do you think it is a scam SELF-ORGANIZING COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE like this wise man preaches?

quote:

Bitcoin is a self-organizing collective intelligence. As such, what it becomes is entirely a function of what it can do — that is, it is a function of the capacity of its collective intelligence to overcome the challenges that it encounters in its environment.

The limitations of Bitcoin’s approach to motivation and collective action are well understood and new technical layers like Ethereum’s smart contracts and Backfeed’s distributed governance system magnify the potential intelligence of this kind of SOCI at least as much as the neocortex magnified the intelligence of the mammalian brain.

I really wish the reality and importance of this new frontier were more broadly understood. My sense is that over just the next five years this new form of SOCI will go through its gestation, birthing and childhood development stages. The result will be a form of collective intelligence that is so much more capable than anything in the current environment, that it will sweep away even the most powerful contemporary collective intelligences (in particular both corporations and nation states) in establishing itself as the new dominant form of collective intelligence on the Earth.

And whoever gets there first will “win” in a fashion that is rarely seen in history.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Alternatively, do you think this is a good post a new account should make?

Silpheed posted:

I read the "DO NOT POST HELLO I ARE NEW" messages in the Forum Rules (yeah I read it) so I am in fact not going to say hello to anybody :P

But, as a new SA member reaching out to some of the more veteran SA members, can you please name 3 things that I should be sure to check out or pay attention to or visit? Some forums have particular hot spots that people tend to enjoy.. this place is ginormous.

So really I'm curious as to what you all consider the best parts around on here (in the form of links etc)

I hope I am not smacked by a banhammer for this - I'm just trying to break the ice.

Looking forward to responses!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I found the OP's manifesto, explaining why he has not and will no longer read things in this thread :saddowns:

barf carton posted:

I don't know a single answer on the entire god drat test. Not only am I going to fail, the entire thing is essays, so I'm going to get a loving ZERO. I was planning to cram, I really was, but I didn't, and now I'm going to fail. I start looking around nervously, hoping that at any second I'll wake up, but I know I won't. Right now, I am hosed, and the sweat is pouring down my face in waves and my palms are shaking and I have my pen in a death grip. And then I reach into my pocket and I have the answer, and I know what I have to do.

I raise my hand and the proctor comes over and asks what the problem is. Ripping my hand out of my pocket, there's a sickening TEAR that draws the eyes ubiquitously of everyone in the library. My shaking palm, emerging bloodily from the green lining, is drenched with my own blood, and I thrust my bloody eviscerated urethera at the proctor and proceed to stand. My vision begins to blur as I shoot my right hand down to my crotch and grip my penis which is searing with agony and staining the front of my pants with the same sickening claret that's quickly covering my palm. I feel my eyes beginning to roll back, and I pass out and hit my head on the concrete. Everyone around me is screaming, whipping out their cell phones, crowding around me with the most horriffic looks on their faces I've ever seen, and a smile curls across my lips right before it all goes black.

But at least I didn't fail English Lit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I never said that, you fucker. I'm just juggling a few threads at the moment. :colbert:

Honestly I'll get back around to this one but I've got actual serious poo poo going on in addition to wanting to work this thread, my battle brothers thread, and I've also got a vested interest in the chernobyl thread while also having fun with the Loqueesha thread.

My plate's pretty full rn, ya cheeky bitch. :haw: