Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
The first half of season 5 was painfully unfunny to me and a total slog to get through. The only funny stuff was Maeby being an old lady imo. I've watched the second half up to the very last episode and so far the only other funny thing was them having another flashback series using entirely different actors and it being a joke or whatever. I dunno even that was pretty weak. All the stuff I'm finding funny they're ditching, or they're resolving stuff in incredibly obvious groan worthy ways Tobias' son being a secret computer wiz is what killed my ambition to watch the last episode.

I liked season 4 a lot and thought it was clever how they had the story so fragmented and how it all tied together and on rewatch a whole lot of scenes were in a different light and also the drat jokes are good. This show was previously endlessly quotable with any of my friends who watched it, and while every other season including 4 added I don't think season 5 is bringing it. "Hurt people hurt people" and "pick a lane" are about it and those are worth a strong chuckle at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Seasons 1-3 are classic. Season 4 I personally love. Season 5 I have tried to watch twice and never actually finished.

I did like the gag that they had a beach house the whole time and just kept it a secret from Michael that they never sold it, but considering how loose lipped everyone is in 5 it doesn't track that no one had said anything about it before either. Pick a lane.