Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

I forgot about this coming out until today. Surprise! I'm going to catch up on the last few episodes of the first half of season 5 before diving into the second half. I remember really liking the first half of this season. Much more than season 4. Started with 'Sinking Feelings' and I am already back in. Starting off the episode with George Michael trying to talk tough to the limo driver and then continuing directly into the Gilbert Godfried shoehorn on a stick infomercial had me laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

The second half of season five was very iffy. The writers really ended up making the plot lines completely over the top ridiculous.....even for a show whose premise is taking a very oddball family and putting them in very precarious situations.

Still....I was entertained. Everyone played their parts like the show never ended. Iffy for AD is still pretty much top rung when considering most other TV shows. But I have to think that the way that the show ended this "season".....they must be thinking this might be the end.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I really loved the finale episode but dang a lil dark at the end there.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

season 5 stank, hth op

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

I keep wanting to finish season 4, getting halfway and just dropping it. Both the old style and the new.
It doesn't help that season 5 has such absolute dogshit reviews. AD is dead, let it rest.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

season 5 stank, hth op

?

I watched it in it's entirety. Don't regret it. Hth.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.

The first half of season 5 was painfully unfunny to me and a total slog to get through. The only funny stuff was Maeby being an old lady imo. I've watched the second half up to the very last episode and so far the only other funny thing was them having another flashback series using entirely different actors and it being a joke or whatever. I dunno even that was pretty weak. All the stuff I'm finding funny they're ditching, or they're resolving stuff in incredibly obvious groan worthy ways Tobias' son being a secret computer wiz is what killed my ambition to watch the last episode.

I liked season 4 a lot and thought it was clever how they had the story so fragmented and how it all tied together and on rewatch a whole lot of scenes were in a different light and also the drat jokes are good. This show was previously endlessly quotable with any of my friends who watched it, and while every other season including 4 added I don't think season 5 is bringing it. "Hurt people hurt people" and "pick a lane" are about it and those are worth a strong chuckle at best.

RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tristesse posted:

All the stuff I'm finding funny they're ditching, or they're resolving stuff in incredibly obvious groan worthy ways Tobias' son being a secret computer wiz is what killed my ambition to watch the last episode.

S5 is not very good but there's a payoff for that in the last episode. He is not.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

I found 5a to be pretty chuckle worthy in places, but 5b is just leaving me completely flat. Itís just a series of events and jokes that are almost clever, but havenít been really refined yet. It feels like they filmed a bunch of hastily written first draft scripts, and that makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

They should really stop tarnishing the legacy of the original 3 seasons with this sad stuff.

Anybody have a link to the old original threads from waaay back in the day?