Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So they're loudly foreshadowing that Arya is going to be the one to down the undead dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

fishing with the fam posted:

Surprised we didn't get any in the first episode. Really thought Beric and Tormund were gonna bite it for a moment there because I assumed someone had to die.

I was certain there was going to be a fight scene, at least. I figured a bunch of wights surrounding them were going to get up when the kid started screaming.

ShakeZula posted:

What makes you say that? The weapon she's having Gendry make?

Yeah, they're focusing on her having a special weapon made, so it's going to have a special purpose.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 15, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

How did I not notice that was Mac? He finally got his cameo. I wonder if Charlie gets one.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

teagone posted:

In each season, the fourth episode has always had some kind of "holy poo poo" moment at the end. So you might be right with Arya slaying a dragon lol. Arya the Dragonslayer :black101:

Arya is one of the most popular characters in the show, there's no way she doesn't do something "badass".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Westworld's first season wasn't really that great in retrospect. It had great actors and the benefit of obscuring some of the so-so stuff from the audience.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think it's pretty obvious what's gonna happen. Things will look real bad for Jaime, then Bran is gonna roll up and deliver a stirring defense.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

I just realized of all the reunions they never had Jorah come across Lady Mormont, now I feel ripped off.

Yeah, my sister was bummed about that. Oh well, there's only so many boxes they can check off.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

I guess learning to see the future didn't involve learn how to judge time, he could have been inside all night.

Or maybe he was out there all night giving cryptic half advice/creepy voyeuristic insights to random folks whenever they walked up to him.

Do you have to shake him first?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

No one knows because Bran couldn't remember.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Well that and it would make it much easier for people to figure that Joffrey is his son and not King Robert’s.

Though even if he didn't figure Joffrey was a bastard, Robert would absolutely have Jaime and Cersei executed. It is wasn't embarrassment.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

I mean, obviously the crown really goes to whoever has the force and/or support to take and keep it,

That's what's really important about succession.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

I mentioned that excuse and still think it is a very silly argument. Plus, dying also seems like it should have an effect on your place in the succession, but, well, for obvious reasons I can see them not having standards for how to handle that particular scenario at least.

What would really happen is that Dany-supporters would say what you said, and Jon-supporters would say what they said, and if no one backed down, there would be a civil war.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

. It's just, unless Jon can convince the populace at large that he actually did die and come back to life,

He really doesn't even have to do that. If Northerners would rather be ruled by their half-Northern ex-king than a Southern stranger, they might not care if they privately believe him or not. That's politics for ya.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

404notfound posted:

Can someone gif the guy getting his eye shot out on the boat

If you're wondering: Yep, it's Mac.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jon's terror while flying Rhaegal should lead to him asking Dany, "Can we put some loving saddles on these things?!"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Catelyn had her suspicions (and forensic evidence!), but that loose end was taken care of.

"CSI: Winterfell" was one of my favorite TVIV posts.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

For good or ill, "Mance Rayder" absolutely sounds like a Star Wars character.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Siliziumleben posted:

Why did the Night King leave a spooky message at Last Hearth? What does he have to gain from doing that? I thought he was just a single-minded reaper of the living, not a fan of theater.

He's been doing that since the beginning of the show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

No idea why Theon would think the Starks would want anything to do with him.

He parted on good terms with Sansa and okay terms with Jon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Siliziumleben posted:

Is Jaime going to be Bran's new Hodor? Pushing him, carrying him and holding the door for him?

Fair penance.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Somehow forgot all of this. But yeah he did help sansa now that i remember.

And Jon gave him a speech about being part of both his families simultaneously (hint hint wink wink) and filled him with the confidence to rescue Yara.

zenguitarman posted:

Name's are cool and good except for the leader of the mercs his name was Mr. Lindberg or something, totally took me out of it.

I really thought the show was going to change that because it's the most "English" name in the books, I think.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 15, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Can someone clear this up for me?

Are Jon and Dany cousins or aunt and nephew?

The latter.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ego-bot posted:

So where's Jon's wolf at?

Dany's wearing him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kater posted:

It’s cool they can’t even keep a coherent vision of winterfell’s town within the same episode or even the same cgi sequence somehow.

If so, I don't think many people are nerdy enough to notice something so insignificant.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Red posted:

Did we ever find out exactly why Dario was recast?

Nah. The original actor just said "politics".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

No Wave posted:

I think he left because he was offered roles in movies (he was the villain in deadpool) and didn't want to work himself crazy doing both. He hasnt been clear but in interviews he makes it sound like it was his decision to leave but he's really vague.

He did debunk that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mike N Eich posted:

gently caress. The way to really make a good twist in this show now is to bring fuckin Stoneheart in as an ally of the White Walkers, I'm fuckin here for that poo poo.

Not sure why that would be a good twist, besides the grass always being greener on the other side.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Anybody make a gif of Jamie Lee Curtis seeing Bran out her school window yet?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Walrus posted:

I can't wait until the white walkers win or close to it and the internet is just loving furious "you mean eight years of scheming and backstabbing was all a complete waste of time" with the reply being "yes that is the entire theme of the show that's been foreshadowed in basically every episode"

It's also the "theme" of the real loving world with climate change.

Edit: beaten.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

D&D would never allow this sadly, Arya's got plot armor. I could see Jon dying or even Dany, but not Arya.

Eh, the thing about "plot armor" is that everyone's plot armor disappears at the end.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

In the books theres a purple-haired edgelord called Dark Star. Thats his actual name, and people take him seriously.

Tell me you didn't read all his lines imagining the Batman voice.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TeaJay posted:

When it comes to the show, I stopped taking it seriously pretty much after they ran out of source material and had to come up with their own plots.

Not that the source material should be taken seriously either.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think Ironborn have looked over there in the lore, but their ships have never returned.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rarity posted:

Some of the posters in this thread are right tedious fucks.

It's like seeing an old friend that you didn't like much but you haven't seen them in two years.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Is it even remotely as controllable as gunpowder?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Opferwurst posted:

Bran looks like he just turned forty and going through his first divorce. Couldn't they find a child actor to play him? Dude will start balding soon and still playing a ten year old

If actors aging breaks your brain, then you should only watch anime.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

There's just little things used to create a narrative, like Meereen being a shithole at the beginning of S6 and revitalized while she's gone.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

vaginite posted:

Cersei: “Bronn kill my brothers”
Bronn: “I’ve been loyal to your brothers this entire series and have barely spoken to you. What makes you think I’d do that instead of selling you out?”
Cersei: “Have you met our writers lately?”
Bronn: “Fair point” *takes crossbow*

Or maybe this is supposed to be a point about how stupid Cersei is.

Eh, you might as well roll the dice. It's not like she loses anything by hiring Bronn, and he's one of the few that can get close to both of them.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bell_ posted:

One thing bothering me about the show was Sam's reaction to news about his father and brother, especially considering what they thought of him and how he was treated.

I was hoping for a little bit of conflict between what he felt and guilty feelings of relief or even gratitude.

That's what happened. He was fine with what happened when he thought it just was father, because his father was a dick. But he liked his brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

In conclusion, if Bronn tries to kill Tyrion, people will bitch about how it's bad writing, and if Bronn doesn't try to kill Tyrion, people will bitch about how it's bad writing.