Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Steam downloaded an update to DC:B for me today, and the Matrix website shows that v1.05.6 was released, but I can't find any patch notes. Anyone know what changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

uPen posted:

Go home Zuiho, you're drunk.

I'd been scared that KB was coming back to blast shipping at pearl to ring in the new year as I'd had a number of convoys near there overflown by carrier planes. Thankfully it appears to be Zuiho all on her lonesome trying to invade O'ahu.

I saw Soryu try to dock in New Zealand one time. The AI had tried to invade New Caledonia early on, but it didn't work since I'd sent some troops there even earlier, and got the better of the fight. Thanks to that, I later sank a few invasion convoys going for NZ, and the AI script must not have been smart enough to realize that its invasion didn't work.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Demiurge4 posted:

To remove a component from a ship on the design screen you have to double-right click.

You can also do it with a double left-click if you go into wide mode first. But for me, that's part of the charm of this sort of one-man-band passion project. The guy's just too :shobon: to learn about any best practices, he just plows ahead with whatever works for him.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Demiurge4 posted:

This is objectively a negative.

Eh, I'd be bothered if I was expected to pay for it. But as it is, I'm getting my money's worth, so :shrug:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Saros posted:

Cool. Once it reaches a bit more of a stable state would there be people interested at all for a sucession style game/LP where people do their best to explain different sections of the game as they come up? I know a couple of people were interested in doing LP's and this could be a way to get one started without overloading one person and it could be given up easily enough as the game continues to update.

I’m up for that, count me in!

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Telsa Cola posted:

Its not enough until I can decide what and how many rations my troops need.

And make sure you build enough bootlace factories far enough in advance

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
All of this doesn't even move the dude into the top 50% of a "weird grog developers" list

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s a test. If you can look at that string and immediately know what that ship’s characteristics are then some aliens come get you so you can help them fight their interstellar war.

I find it strangely reassuring to learn that there are people several orders of magnitude worth of grogginess beyond me. I have never felt more like a healthy, well-adapted human being.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Minenfeld! posted:

You mean realistic Marshall Zhukov :ussr:

That smilie just doesn't do justice to Zhukov

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

SlyFrog posted:

Did they retract the release date on Shadow Empire? I could have sworn I saw a date of June something at some point. Now, when I google Shadow Empire release date, I see nothing (except for some old game that released in 1996 or something).

Steam doesn't have an expected release date, nor does Matrix from what I can see. (EDIT: Oh, I see if I look in some recent news/blog entry poo poo on the Matrix page, it says June 4, 2020, while still saying "Coming Soon" in the actual release box.)

Also, is there any indication of what the price will be?

June 4th according to this thread;
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922608&pagenumber=1

Dunno about the price

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
So if I was going to buy one Command Ops 2 pack, which one should it be?

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

V for Vegas posted:

OK so there's a D-Day sale on now (at least they have sales now). What do Matrix think is more important - being able to filter games by the ones I already own, or being able to filter by games that were released on the PSP Go?

I'm so glad that they've finally moved off of the "have a sale? do you want me to STARVE TO DEATH?" hill to die on that I can live with the so-confusing-it-must-be-intentionally-bad storefront.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Its $40 in the US, but otherwise the OP looks good.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Did two of you try to buy it at once? The site's lagging like mad for me.

Same here. If only there was some sort of well-established infrastructure, backed by a hefty CDN, for handling the sale and distribution of computer game software. Oh, wait...

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Drone posted:

Looking forward to ZekeNY Wargaming Publisher stepping into the void :) :) :)

:)

Just DM me your credit card and bank account details, and you'll be all set!

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Darkrenown posted:

Yesterday Slitherine sent me an email to say Shadow Empire is out. Bit weird I thought, since it's been out for like a week, but ok. Today they sent me the same email again. Has Slitherine finally realised they should be marketing their games, but don't know quite how?

That sounds exactly right, since I got the same email yesterday addressed to the same account that had already purchased the game.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

gradenko_2000 posted:

I found this handy-dandy guide to The Operational Art of War 4 on the Steam community page.

I can post more about the actually-useful bits of this, but I wanted to save it first.

Wow, that's up there with this one.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Generation Internet posted:

It seems like a game that is exclusively designed by and for people who have read both of John Lundstrom's First Team books.

Like me :shepface:

I blame WitP for my ever expanding collection of books on the Pacific War.

Now if it only required you to read John Prados's Combined Fleet Decoded as well, it'd be the perfect grog game!

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Bold Robot posted:

:hmmyes: WitP2 is my dream game

:same:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

StashAugustine posted:

I love how realistic and detailed Grigsby games are

Back when WITP first came out, the Matrix forums were just hilarious with grog brains exploding left and right over the US CV respawning mechanic.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

There's that Grigsby game about the bomber campaign, isn't there? How does that model strategic bombing against population centers?

Thanks for reminding me about this one -- it's on sale for :10bux: at the Matrix store right now, I'm going to pick it up and check it out

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Somehow they made WitE2 look even MORE dated and obtuse

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Kangra posted:

Looks like War in the East 2 is up for pre-orders. At the bottom of the Matrix page I saw the sentence "The first 1000 manual orders will ship on April 16th" and thought for a moment that meant filling out an order form by hand and mailing it in for someone to send you a physical copy.

In fairness, that would be a very Matrix Games way of doing things.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Obfuscation posted:

You can use them until the last day but you can't withdraw ships unless it's they are in one of these places: (copied from Matrix forums, should be accurate but I haven't tested)

1. Any level 9 port.

2. National home ports of the United States, Canada, India, Australia, and New Zealand (with no port level requirement) [I'm guessing that this includes all the off-map bases]

3. Any level 7 or larger port on the US or Canadian West Coast.

4. Any level 7 or larger Indian port East of Ceylon (including Ceylon itself)

5. Any level 7 or larger port in South Eastern Australia, plus Perth.

6. Any level 7 or larger port in New Zealand.

After all the time I've put into this game, I had no idea of any of this. :doh:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Kangra posted:

Who else is going to bring you a Broken Arrow?

You can find it somewhere down the crazy river

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Bold Robot posted:

Has there been any news recently about the big "final" patch for WitP:AE? I remember hearing about it late last year.

Just this morning, someone on the Matrix forums said "very soon", but I haven't seen anything more definite