Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I still don’t know what I watched last night. Are they trying to dare people to watch AEW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

isnt that just a ppv and TV wont start until october

It looks like there will be monthly PPVs until then: Double or Nothing in May, Fyter Fest in June, Fight for the Fallen in July, then presumably All In 2 in August/September

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Is the target demographic for WWE basically just Vince at this point? This show has the weirdest loving presentation, and feels like its made for a hypothetical audience that doesn't actually exist. Like just even listening to the commentary, how the product is presented visually, I wonder who the hell this show is for.

Pretty much every non wrestling fan I've exposed to WWE through various Big 4 watch parties, etc, thinks the product is corny as hell, but are way more receptive to NXT/NJPW or indie clips that go viral. So it's like, not for casual non wrestling fans who are open to the idea of wrestling, and it's not for hardcore wrestling fans. Who is this goddamn show for? Who wants to hear Michael Cole sell gimmicks in the cheesiest way possible, while cartoon gunshot and wood creaking sound effects are playing, followed by Corey and Renee bickering about dumb bullshit???

e: The Viking Experience

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 16, 2019

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Angry Grimace posted:

If you are the kind of person who participates in wrestling anything for more than 5 hours a week you are not the target demographic, no.

At most I watch 2 hours of RAW and maybe an hour tops of anything that bubbles up in the MOTYC thread

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Petition for Rovert to be renamed The Rovert Experience

The I Was Told About This Weeks Ago But Didn’t Want To Ruin The Surprise Experience

Rowevert

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

KungFu Grip posted:

They were called up last shakeup and did nothing. Now they're split up and one is leaving WWE I guess.

I think they're the absolute most mishandled NXT call up ever.

Besides all of the other ones

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Should have done this but with Bret hart

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

flatluigi posted:

how is it this loving hard to give bray the gimmick of 'mean spooky fucker who will murder you' without adding in a loving turkey puppet

The puppet is good, OP

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Endless Mike posted:

Then everybody was audibly confused and didn't clap at all.

everybody clapped but the crowd mics were muted

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my money is on dean just retiring

this is the WWE stan take, not that i'm calling you one

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i mean he's got buttloads of money from WWE, why not enjoy it before years of taking sawz-alls to the head catches up to him

he probably doesn't need the money, but if the being upset with "hokey" stuff is true, i'd think he wants to work his craft in a more enjoyable setting. i don't imagine he'd do it for very long, but enough to have fun again

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Dean can go to AEW but only after Foochs finds his remote to be able to change the channel from USA (to the Esquire network, where AEW will be airing Wednesdays at 2:30am)

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

If you watch the video the answer is pretty clear

no.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

KungFu Grip posted:

He looked like he poo poo his pants walking to the ring