Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Slim Jim 44 27.16%
Jacks Links 26 16.05%
Alien Fresh Jerky.....BITCH!!!! 16 9.88%
Goku selling beef jerky and nuts on the side of a deserted highway 76 46.91%
Total: 107 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Once, prompted by the rad slim jim man in the 90's whose iconic catchphrase was "eat me", told my mom to "eat me". I was scolded and given a brief pg-13 lecture on cunnilingus and the implications of telling someone, or having someone tell me to "eat them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
as a resident of the true midwest,,, there are usually better and cheaper beef stick options than the slim jim

so take that while you eat your burritos with french fries!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Linux Pirate posted:

Once, prompted by the rad slim jim man in the 90's whose iconic catchphrase was "eat me", told my mom to "eat me". I was scolded and given a brief pg-13 lecture on cunnilingus and the implications of telling someone, or having someone tell me to "eat them"

did you respond with "Bite me"?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

did you respond with "Bite me"?

poo poo

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

madlobster posted:

No, they're beef, pork, and (mechanically separated) chicken.

Apparently it varies per flavor but according to the current listing for the original flavor it is chicken and beef (but no pork)

quote:

Beef, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, Corn Syrup, Soy Protein Concentrate, Less than 2% of Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Paprika and Paprika Extractives, Flavoring, Hydrolyzed Soy, Corn, and Wheat Proteins, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Sodium Nitrite.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Damo posted:

tillamook smoked MEAT STICKS are better but i would be a fukin liar if i did not admit to enjoying a good old slim jim every now and again

Dude, If you go to their dairy in Tilamook you can get them by the FOOT. Little teenage me walked out of there with a literal whip made of jerky (like 8 ft or so.). Cheap.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Organic free range beef or turkey or venison sticks taste terrible! They need to feed them more salt like Slim Jim does to make them tastier. I "snapped," more like had to chew into, a CHOMPS brand paleo gluten free grass fed beef stick and it didn't even have any dang taste. Give the cows some dang salt, poo poo!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
There's a dive bar I frequent that has a shot called a sandanista, its made from tequila, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and sriracha. For an extra 25 cents they'll give you a mini slim jim to stir it with. I like to stir, bite, shoot, and then finish the remaining slim jim.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Alright OP we know stance on slimJim's, but how about gas station/liquor store beef jerky, like those big rear end strips of it by the counter for like $2 plain peppered or teriyaki

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Nooner posted:

Alright OP we know stance on slimJim's, but how about gas station/liquor store beef jerky, like those big rear end strips of it by the counter for like $2 plain peppered or teriyaki

Nooner are these those bins by the counter you can just reach in and grab one?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

We have those in Florida, just big clear bins full of unwrapped jerky sticks you can grab one out of.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

We briefly covered the jerky bins already. Worthy of further analysis:

Thesaurus posted:

As a kid I liked the beef jerky slabs that you have to pick out of the clear plastic container with tongs

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Guildenstern Mother posted:

There's a dive bar I frequent that has a shot called a sandanista, its made from tequila, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and sriracha. For an extra 25 cents they'll give you a mini slim jim to stir it with. I like to stir, bite, shoot, and then finish the remaining slim jim.

:worship:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chief McHeath posted:

Nooner are these those bins by the counter you can just reach in and grab one?

Ur supposed to use the tongs to grab it not just reach in like a freaking animal

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Please use the tongs PLEASE

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I thought you are supposed to just use your mouth? It's like bobbing for apples but instead of delicious and healthy fruit it's a dried up leathery meat phallus so maybe it's more like a bj really

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Slim Jims are jerky's slow cousin.

That said sometimes you just want an abominably greasy meat snack.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i have to eat the noble sardine when i need that 'tein in a pinch but people complain about the smell so i'm forced to eat my 'dines outdoors like an animal

too much grease and spice upsets my stomach since a poisoning I endured at a job a few years back so slim jims are simply out of the question for me :(

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Former DILF posted:

i have to eat the noble sardine when i need that 'tein in a pinch but people complain about the smell so i'm forced to eat my 'dines outdoors like an animal

too much grease and spice upsets my stomach since a poisoning I endured at a job a few years back so slim jims are simply out of the question for me :(

condition your gut and force it into submission, you eat what you want and it will make a proper turd come hell or high water, I tell you wha'ut.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Honky Dong Country posted:

condition your gut and force it into submission

Also force your coworkers into submission with the smell of your daily sardine habit.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Thesaurus posted:

Also force your coworkers into submission with the smell of your daily sardine habit.

:patriot:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i can still have a pepperoni pizza thankfully, during the point in time where I was being poisoned I thought I would never eat fatty foods ever again but after quitting that job i'm doing lots better and I don't really need the same protein kick during the day

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

now I just do fisherman's eggs in a cast iron pan as a treat here and there

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

the last time i had a slim jim it was like eating spicy hot dog drippings that had been caught by a paper towel and rolled up into a tight stick

woof thats some foul stuff

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Former DILF posted:

Any idea who poisoned you? It seems like there'd be a big pool of suspects

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hairy Busey posted:

was it you?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Hairy Busey posted:

it was a xylene poisoning, i was instructed to use it to wash parts when i was starting at the bottom at a manufactory, they didn't provide a mask nor did they have a hood in the hot basement at the sweatshop

this is a big part of why im a communist these days

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Former DILF posted:

it was a xylene poisoning, i was instructed to use it to wash parts when i was starting at the bottom at a manufactory, they didn't provide a mask nor did they have a hood in the hot basement at the sweatshop

this is a big part of why im a communist these days

Wait doesn't that cause permanent brain damage?

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
You were basically sniffing glue for years

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

my posting career keeps my mind sharp, i guess i had brain cells to spare

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
This all really explains a lot thank you for sharing

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Former DILF posted:

the last time i had a slim jim it was like eating spicy hot dog drippings that had been caught by a paper towel and rolled up into a tight stick

hell yea

wish I had a ‘slim’ Jim going into my mouth rn

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

here's a question:

chode or pencil dick??

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Hairy Busey posted:

This all really explains a lot thank you for sharing

you're welcome fella if you want to know what i'm currently reading and recommending, check out And forgive them their debts by Michael Hudson

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Former DILF posted:

Dines are a superior at home snack, but you cant exactly snap into a tin of king oscar while ur doing 90 up the 5

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Former DILF posted:

Poisoned over sardines drat

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Nuts and Gum posted:

slim jim and a dr.pepper pair wonderfully.

I think the aforementioned beef and cheese packs go even better with a Dr. Pepper. And while we're on the subject of gas station cuisine, I believe that Dr. Pepper is the only soda that still tastes good once it's gone a little warm, like not just cool, but warm like after it's been sitting in your car while you're at Target or something.

Also, the king of roadside snacks has to be something off the roller grill from Quik Trip or 7-11.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I might grab a beef patty from the 7-11 ‘round the corner today hmmm TGIF

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Not only are they loving delicious, they're very practical for strangling people, as the Macho Man himself can demonstrate. Man, get one of the big ones that also comes with a big dry cheese stick? Heaven.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

snoo posted:

big mama pickled sausage

:hellyeah: