Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtbg9poe_w

Reunion special!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Midnight or 12:01 pacific time, apparently.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 8, 2019

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's up!

And with that amazing announcement, I'm going to sleep. Let's try to keep the new thread spoiler free for a bit. Haven't decided if I'm gonna marathon or if I'm gonna take my time on the show. It's a long, long wait to season 5.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm one episode in and it's amazing so far. They've kept the rough show template but have kinda slightly pushed the envelope a bit. Not spoiling anything, cause drat it's fun seeing how they've handled it.

Looking like the season is gonna be a good one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno if this is a game changer for anyone, but I love that it's available in 4k. Normally I hate using the streaming on my tv instead of my browser but I make the effort when it's 4k related.

Those night shots of LA look loving AMAZING.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Avoid Twitter cause they (the cast and show runners) are posting some behind the scenes pics and some of them are spoilers :mad:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finished up the season today, and gotta say, it's pretty awesome. Only thing I didn't quite get was the ending.

Haven't they already brought up the idea that hell has some kinda time dilation effect, where time passes incredibly fast there compared to here? If they did, then Lucifer could be gone for like a year his time and still show back up to visit Chloe in a week our time or however long it is.

Only other things that kinda bugged me this season were Chloe freaking the gently caress out over Lucifer, and then believing he's the source of all evil, but NEVER TALKING TO THE LITERAL ANGEL SHE KNOWS ABOUT ANY OF THIS. She just grabbed her kid, headed to Rome and listened to some random dude tell her how to kill a guy/send him to hell. Weird

Also, it kinda bugged me that demons can kill people, but angels can't. That seems kinda, contradictory in a weird way. Like demons having more freedom than angels do. I can't recall em mentioning it before, and I guess Lucifer could have just straight up told Maze not to kill anyone when they got surface side.

Loved Inbar Lavi. She did a great job on this.

All in all, loved it, and hope we get a season 5 soon.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Whalley posted:

I'm only on episode 6ish but man, it would have made me so much happier if they'd used Adam instead of Eve.

"Adam, how are you here?"
"I saw you leave hell, and, well, what can I say? I've always been a bit of a follower"

I'm loving this season a LOT so far, but aw beans I'm just imagining my ideal

I think they didn't want to go that route cause they already did the cain/abel thing from the previous season. Yet another biblical dude (hell, even Dad has shown up in a way) would be a little redundant.

That being said, Abel and his randomly trying to pick up chicks with "I have many goats!" line was amazing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Woohoo! We are getting a 5th season!

It's the final one though :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pfft. Like god's gonna make Eve ugly.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thinking if he has a scene with Tom Welling that's gonna be one interesting conversation.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo :stonk:

Spoilers for characters in season 5

MOM! https://mobile.twitter.com/TVLine/status/1184107715834109952

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh, apparently netflix is in talks with WB about extending the show past season 5, even though the showrunners have called it the final season.

Here's hoping they enjoy a paycheck and keep em rolling.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't get into the comics because of the weird lettering choices and the mumbly maze dialogue. Made it a chore to read.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I might give it another chance later on. I read the first few issues, I think, and while it was interesting, having to run a translation in my head for Maze and trying to decipher overly ornate bubbles just made it a pain. If that clears up later in the series, that helps a ton.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had read somewhere it was "difficult negotiations" and I was like "Wait, what?". It's not like Chris Evans where he has to swear off all sugar and pasta for 3 years while benchpressing cars.

Still, glad he signed on. I'd loving love it if we went to 15 seasons like Supernatural. Damned good actors, damned good show.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or even a King Shark cameo.

(big jla dark apokalips war spoilers)
They had to go SOMEWHERE on that date...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yes, I've seen him working out and whatnot, but it's nowhere near the crap Jackman had to go through for Wolverine. That's pretty much why he stopped and bowed out. Dude was just tired. He'd been doing it for 6? movies.

Like I said, just struck me as an odd thing to report. No idea if it's true or just some Hollywood rag making crap up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New episodes start on August 21st, hurrah!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay! New trailer for season 5 released today!

It's on every available video streaming service, so just search for it and yee shall find.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fair warning to all, avoid Twitter until you see the trailer, cause there are a lot of spoilers floating about.

Actually you should avoid Twitter anyway, but this is a good reason as any.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/LuciferNetflix/status/1283129140108034049

Whoever is running the lucifer netflix Twitter is having a loving blast.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HOW THE gently caress IS THE ACTRESS WHO PLAYS ELLA 40 SOMETHING? That's some kinda magic.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, the ol master molecule theory...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TONIGHT. IT BEGINS.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just finished up this season's first part, and drat. Just...drat.

Can't wait for part 2!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yep, season 5 part 2 (another 8 episodes I believe) and then a final season 6. Netflix basically threw money at them and asked for a final final season, apparently the ratings on the show are insanely good.

Honestly they can keep it going as long as Supernatural for all I care. It's a fun show.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, they did some interviewing with the show runners and they were pretty adamant about how the new season gives them a chance to really expand on the ending they wanted. I kinda doubt God is gonna hang around, or really show up again. The earlier episodes made it over clear that he hasn't talked to anyone in a really really long time. It took 3 archangels fighting it out for him to swing by and tell em to knock it off. I think there's an episode in part 2 where they go to the silver city though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ht tps://twitter.com/chris_rafferty/status/1298415971346997248/photo/1

This is beautiful, but also a big spoiler, so copy and paste the link to get it working.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, Everytime Trixie shows up, I feel old. Man she's getting big.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the second half of 5 is going to premiere between christmas and new years.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Ellis gave the time in an interview or a podcast with someone a couple days ago.

I was hoping for Thanksgiving but Christmas works too. Hell I'm just glad it's not loving May.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Neat, they released the covers from the show!

Hit Spotify and search for Lucifer cast, and there's a few songs sung by Ellis and Brandt on there.

There's also the soundtrack for the show as well, but finding the Ellis covers was a neat feeling tonight.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I doubt Linda is gonna have anything to do with Dad if she can avoid it. She was almost losing her mind when it was just God Johnson, I can't imagine trying to tell literal God that he has a God complex.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On the other hand, I cannot imagine him not wanting to meet his grandkid.

Man I can't wait for the other half of this season.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They explained at as "Angels self actualize".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Literally a deus ex machina ending.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up in case you didn't know, Mr. Said Out Bitch's new show, Them, is set to premiere on Amazon on the 9th.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Ildymojo/status/1388171708167704577

Trailer for 5b.

Gotta say, it is not going in a direction I anticipated.

I loving love it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Considering how the 5a trailer ended up being mostly nothing like the actual series, I am guessing this just shows off some great scenes.