Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/moyix/status/1367575109305794563?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

ewiley posted:

Someone should make a law about fonts

https://twitter.com/crimeaday/status/1025897944367751169?s=21

Sorry ur going to jail Microsoft

Is this so they can't print the warning in wingdings or something?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

So we have a strange problem- I have an uncle who wasn't really close to the family who was just found dead in his house- he lived alone with no kids. Problem is he worked in communications for the DoD his entire life and kept all of his PII so sanitized we can't even figure out what bank he used. My 95 yo grandmother still had a copy of his SSN so we were able to get a death certificate but now the family is slogging through bank and asset searches to determine what he owned.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Personally I have no interest in digging through the assets of my rich dead spy uncle.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

We know he was in eastern Europe and South Efrica a lot in the 80s and 90s but didn't really get details. My grandmother always thought he was a telephone repairman.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

haveblue posted:

isn't this what probate lawyers are for

That's probably the route they'll have to take. Right now they're just trying to make sure the house doesn't get foreclosed on or anything before they bury him.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Unfortunately he lived in Florida 1200 mi away. We've secured his remains and his dozens of guns, mostly everything else needs to be done remotely if possible.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

oh no! the posts are spilling everywhere!

I'm encrypting a dispatch to the home office right now IYKWIM

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Crime on a Dime posted:

how did you do those things from so far away but were limited to the two

Another relative went down for a few days to deal with the most pressing stuff but didn't hang around waiting for the mail to show up.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Tracking your movements and reporting them to internet randos is basically what Android does already without a 3rd party app.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Was Epik's security seriously as bad as it sounds or was it about the norm for their weight class and they just were a more enticing target?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/briankrebs/status/1445147230244061184?t=1TTe2hLWBOOhEVtPAt-s0g&s=19

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Friend at Facebook is the new Uncle at Nintendo.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Raere posted:

VPNs are good for when you're traveling and the hotel's wifi network is totally open.

It's amazing how many hotels you see where the APs are consumer-grade Netgears on default settings with the un/pw still set as "admin/admin"

e: I travel a lot and it's one of the first things I check, mostly for my own amusement

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It's kind of funny that in 10-15 years the SA Forums have become one of the least intrusive places to shitpost online. Social media has gone from "don't post your picture or personal details" to "gently caress it, let Facebook have access to all your apps to provide better ads"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I am thoroughly enjoying clicking all the links I se in the secfuck thread today. Keep em coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I checked out https://rentahitman.com and was pleased to see that they are GDPR compliant.