Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Kazinsal posted:

mips is really neat

I wish risc-v wasn't such a loving shitshow because it has some interesting ideas from a low level point of view but the "engineering politics" behind it keep making it an absolute nightmare to get into. whoever decided that things like atomic instructions needed to be an optional ISA extension should be shot.

They wanted to get below MMU OSes and suit your MCUPOS needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

it's a memory dump cve, really embarassing that it's taking up cve space if i'm being honest. i'd put this on the same level as that 1password vuln of calling the export function...

devs already said they're patching it and will push a release by july but someone wanted some cred, at least it wasn't a serious vuln they threw into the wild

Your laptop getting stolen might mean your keepass master password is lost because you didn't encrypt your disk. I feel that's serious. Your password manager having a chance of writing the plain text master password to disk is not an unimportant detail.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

MononcQc posted:

everyone is acting like their numbering isn’t polluted by duodecimal roots like “eleven” and “twelve” aren’t supposed to be “oneteen” and “twoteen” and then also ignoring that by the structure it ought to actually be “eight, nine, onety, onety one, onety two, onety three, …, onety eight, onety nine, twenty, twenty one, …”

most euro languages have that same kind of inconsistency somewhere. Spanish starts being reasonable at 16 (dieseseis), Italian at 17 (diciassette), French at 17 as well but then dies at 80, German pretty much has the same pattern as English, etc

German does the mm-dd-yyyy but for normal numbers. "sevenandtwenty"? deranged.