Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

At what point does this start to move the needle for amd chips in servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

bangular

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Methanar posted:

lol whoever took over twitter could have declared world war 3 with trump's account

The bitcoin scam really lacks imagination provided it wasn't just a distraction. You could probably sell that access to somebody else for a hundred times the value of bitcoins sent to the scam address

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

we have some demo vms we use from MS for testing edge, and you get like 90 days with it unactivated before it starts shutting down randomly. they even recommend in the instructions to take a snapshot after creating the vm to be able to roll back fast.

It's every 60 minutes and it's irritating as all hell

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

we use a piece of (poo poo!) third party software internally that has a web interface. we discovered today that if an admin changes a users license type, the browser will prompt you to save that users password

as far as I can tell this implies that 1: an admin can find out what anybodys password is and 2: passwords are loaded in plaintext

lol

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

that's good to know, I'll pass that along to see if we can verify that. this is pretty far out of my wheelhouse in general, but I'm ready to believe the worst about this product

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

mystes posted:

I really wish there was some sort of non-stupid standard way to handle IOT devices in a secure way that wasn't reliant on being supported by the companies making them.

you know what they say, wish in one hand, request a 2FA token to flush your smart toilet with the other

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

the lifelock maneuver

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

is this the one that requires a SSN to sign up?

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

kitten smoothie posted:

who wants to bet that when the SMS service was up it sent 910296 every single time, too

drat, that's crazy. what are the odds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

I'm sure that a key part of the feds password system is to describe how it works at length to anyone who will listen