Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Hey so is the fact that my Firefox addon have been working just fine all along a secfuck in itself? I'm running Nightly but I didn't mess with the signing options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

why would it? the plugin is for filling in login information to the browser and that's it.

b/c 1password doesn't have a standalone app for All Platforms and bills the browser extension as the substitute

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Did we talk about https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-devel/2021-02/msg00000.html yet? That's probably the secfuck that I, personally, am in the most danger from in recent memory.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

instead of launching a futile attempt to make bitcoins illegal, I would simply make it illegal for companies to not have backups

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

struggling to come up with an entity I'd trust less with building a password manager than an antivirus vendor.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Sometimes when I cat binary data by accident there is garbage looking data in the bash readline buffer after I ^C and I have never managed to figure out how that is happening, is that what you're talking about?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

leave it to the c++ people to interpret the wording of their CoC in such a twisted way that ultimately nobody is happy

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I've been very fond of this email I got at work:

quote:

Hello <my first name>:
<social engineering awareness training title> is due on <date>. This is a reminder that you need to complete the training on or before the due date.
[...]
Social engineers use a sense of urgency, authority, and/or familiarity to ask for information from you. [...]

Vanadium fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 21, 2022

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Vapor Moon posted:

Everyone's favourite image format, .webp was being actively exploited.

https://stackdiary.com/critical-vulnerability-in-webp-codec-cve-2023-4863/

What do they mean by "The issue highlighted isn't something that just using a memory-safe language could prevent."? As a Rust zealot I am concerned.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

my favorite are the cookie consent settings things where there is a kind of cookie listed and there's a checkbox but the labels are pointedly unclear about whether the checkbox is affirming "I want to opt out" or "I consent to the cookies"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

it's 2fa really

something you have: the booklet with all the passwords inside
something you know: where you left it