Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Jabor posted:

there's probably some amd designer that's been spending years trying to do fast speculative execution that doesn't leak a bunch of state between virtual cores, and being frustrated that they just can't quite get it as fast as intel.

i guess they'd be feeling a little vindicated now.

that amd engineer is feeling the same way the mazda engineer in charge of trying to get the skyactiv diesel to pass emissions felt when the vw/audi poo poo hit the fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Midjack posted:

someone finally found a use for sharepoint

sharesploit

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
but red star is right there...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
taviso has become to strong, he must be stopped

e: actually, when he pops a cmd from calc.exe that's gonna be all of the proof that this is all just a lovely simulation that's falling apart at the seams

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
huis clos but it’s with a smart toaster and smart tv

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
spin rite but the next version will be able to reverse cryptolocker

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
passwordpasswordpasswordpassword

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
how many frequencies could there be michael? a million?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i thought that 8chan was on some bulletproof host, but it was just cloudfare????

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

this plus 3x DGAF multiplier for it being a telco.

whatcha' gonna do? break up ma bell?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
seems like it wasn’t ready for prime time

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lmao deleted comment #21

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ewiley posted:

What was it? Someone bitching about disclosing automatically at day 90 again?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887592&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=74#post497475385

quote:

Comment 21 by taviso@google.com on Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 12:56 PM EDT (9 minutes ago)
Apparently this attachment is necessary because Microsoft employees can't count.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
my job is 90% figuring out the length between two dates

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you gotta be the sticky note with this quarters password on it

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i've found that a metal credit card will block an nfc card

sample size n=1, but multiple times tho

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
my wallet was stacked

[out]
train pass
metal CC
plastic debit card
[inside of wallet]

and the turnstile was like "lol nope", moved the IC card to the other side of the wallet and it was fine

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Midjack posted:

agreed, root mean square calculation is tedious and idgaf about your fluke multimeter anyway.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
mice now have arm chips in them for blast processing or some poo poo

i wonder if you can get doom to run on your mouse...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Subjunctive posted:

holy poo poo who would ever get rid of Runa

why have runa when you can have bret stephens and bari weiss

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shame Boy posted:

also the phrase "CPU startup" makes me intensely uncomfortable

it’s a riscy business

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

KidDynamite posted:

my wife wants to get cameras with 2 way audio for the house so she can check in on our cats while we're on vacation for 3 weeks(we have a cat sitter stopping in daily to do litter and feeding wet food). how can i accomplish this with the least amount of gently caress to my sec, and also least amount of work because i'm a lazy piece of poo poo and hate computer janitor poo poo?

set up a twitch stream

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Luigi Thirty posted:

fallout 76 got hacked by cheat engine (basically) which let people steal other people’s items

Bethesda’s solution was to clone their characters from before the hack and replace the characters who got their inventory drained, then have devs meet up with the clone as the original character and transfer the items they had gotten since then over through the in game trade system

Gamebryo

this sounds like ff14 1.0 levels of interface and systems design

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Fool posted:

Jesus Christ that was such a poo poo show

do they have any method of recompense available to them?

they’ll be repaid in unwarranted traffic stops if they ever drive their own car through iowa ever lmao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

the panopticon rules

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

democracy in action:
https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1224736815275315200?s=21

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

backdoors? in my crypto???

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

haveblue posted:

pretty good parenting

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
bellend cat

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
a few of my coworkers have done those online cert exam things and you have to wave your laptop around the room to show the proctor that you don't have a second computer to look up answers and you have to be silent the entire time lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
my work laptop already runs like poo poo due to all of the corp spyware and only having 8GB of RAM in 2020

but hey, what's a few more instances of chrome running?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Trivial to bypass.
Especially when you have as many phones/computers laying around as I do and can use a live install.

destroy all of your computers and/or put your computer in the kitchen

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://sso.tax/

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shame Boy posted:

why the hell is there a dot tax tld, that seems like the sort of thing that would only be useful to phishing attempts 99% of the time

"see we're the irs ma'am, not just anyone could have a dot tax"

dot cool

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
e: w r o n g t h r e a d

Phone fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 6, 2020

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

infernal machines posted:

indeed i have, so this content id which uses only a subset of pixels is actually uploading legible screenshots of my display now?

i guess i'm trying to understand if this is something people actually believe is a threat right now, or if this is "taken to its logical conclusion" tinfoil hattery

if there's one thing to classify as tinfoil hattery, it's definitely a bunch of things that shouldn't be phoning home phoning home

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

infernal machines posted:

the tinfoil hattery is the part where we're theorycrafting how your tv is going to hijack your neighbours wifi and livestream your desktop to vizio hq.

the upshot being if you're uncomfortable with the idea of what's on your screen potentially being seen by someone, then just don't buy a smart tv, otherwise simply not connecting it to a network is probably sufficient for most people who want a basic display and don't want to participate in the vendor analytics.

that was a thing as well, samsung was doing it iirc. you can disable those features, and you can also not connect your tv to a network. but if that's not good enough, your best bet is to not own any software controlled device with a microphone

yeah, i agree. the solution is obviously to only use technology older than 1998 and to never connect to the internet.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

flakeloaf posted:

Sorry the retailer didn't tell you our lovely television was riddled with spyware garbage before you bought it, but you agreed to it when you clicked okay on a seven hundred page aup we didn't make you read

hey, about that, wasn't there some decision about how meaningful consent to aups was basically impossible and shouldn't be relied on ever, or has corporate america already bought themselves a fix to that oen

mandatory binding arbitration :nsa:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
/whoami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

this delivered real hard