Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

The shows they get to release weekly are finished months before airing. For most shows the episodes get finished only a day or two before they air. Netflix needs to translate into several languages even outside of their desire to dub everything so there's no real way they could do a simultaneous release.

lol they managed for violet evergarden to simuldub it and subtitle it in a million languages, but didnt release it weekly in the US but did in other anglosphere countries. its not about production its a decision because they think that their model, probably correctly based on what ever their datametrics are, is the best way to get the most americans to watch it.

people that keep up with simulcasts are probably a small fraction of anime fandom, and for the high profile shows that netflix tends to put in prison are prooooolly gonna just pirate these shows anyway for the most part.

btw carole and tuesday is 2 cour so its not going to be released in america until well into 2020

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I almost forgot this show existed and then managed to binge the released episodes it in a night. No wonder the English in the songs isn't butchered with actual (non-Japanese, too?) artists as authors. I've gotta look into each and every artist that contributed to the anime don't I?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Tuesday's singing voice is Japanese. Here's a handy page showing the artists featured so far:

http://caroleandtuesday.com/music/artists/

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Viridiant posted:

Tuesday's singing voice is Japanese. Here's a handy page showing the artists featured so far:

http://caroleandtuesday.com/music/artists/

what i saw the video of them recording the song they're both not japanese which makes sense, since theres no engrish in c&t

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Homura and Sickle posted:

what i saw the video of them recording the song they're both not japanese which makes sense, since theres no engrish in c&t

She was born in, raised, and lives in Japan and is half Japanese.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
engrish isn't an intrinsic quality of every native japanese speaker who learns english. why would it be?

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Dubstep Granny is my spirit animal.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
This show is so good and everyone is so :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love this show. Every minor character is great.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Homura and Sickle posted:

btw carole and tuesday is 2 cour so its not going to be released in america until well into 2020

nah they release cours as separate seasons now, we'll get the first cour sometime this year and then the second in 2020 probably

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Love this wondrous ethnically diverse future world where dubstep has become classical music that people think you sing, to children.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Love how accurate Instagram guy is. Could tell immediately that he was a social media star by how he acted on his phone.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Another good episode. I hope they come out with another new tune soon though.

The laundromat man's reappearance was great.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

This is easily my favourite anime of the season and I'm looking forward to every episode. It's almost bizarre how... progressive/diverse this show seems to be.

Though I have my doubts if they'll handle Angela's mother Dahlia well. Uhhh, http://caroleandtuesday.com/chara/dahlia.html - Please don't screw this up :ohdear:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, that's some extremely treacherous territory we're walking into there.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
She’s a more relatable look than Lily was, as far as representation goes :(

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
The full version of the OP and ED are out.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Do you have a link because I can't find it on Youtube as of this minute and Google isn't helping

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Argue posted:

Do you have a link because I can't find it on Youtube as of this minute and Google isn't helping

It on sites where you buy Japanese music or the typical sites that has :filez:

Edit: Looks like it is available on Spotify now.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7oZVM8iL1dVOuVEioAIsGE?si=W0eukuEIRrG6QXKSG2OpYg

psyer fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 29, 2019

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
GLORIAAAAAAAA

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Dancing Laundry is still my favourite...they should've gone with that.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Show continues to own. I straight died laughing when I heard Pyotr's English voice. Kept waiting for a shoe to drop about lipsyncing bc lmao. He had those moves tho.

Yooo but OG Bulldog...well he's NOT an OG, but he got robbed! How you gonna MC Hammer a nigga on national, scratch that, intergalactic TV? And w his grandma?? lmaoooo "Aww, don't cry" ?? You RUINED HIM lmao I'm still dying and withering into dust over it. The gall of this talent show, man

Count me in w the crowd getting wary of whatever C&T is seeding w Dahlia and now possibly this Cybelle person. Please don't let me down, show.

Also I really really want their music video to leak.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 30, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The Fire Brothers and OG Bulldog were robbed imo.

Cybelle has the smile of a killer. Run Tuesday run :ohdear:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I knew it was gonna happen eventually but Angela really gonna step up on our girls like that huh?

Catherine's critique of the girls was pretty interesting, I wonder if they're gonna mix up their songs a bit in response and get more experimental.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Tuesday needs a bodyguard ASAP. :ohdear:

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

Mermaid Sisters losing was loving bullshit.

Honestly, they did a really good job of making Cybelle creepy as poo poo, the bite scene legitimately unsettled me

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Kibibit posted:

Mermaid Sisters losing was loving bullshit.

I'm sure the joke went about as far as it ever could but I'm so sad we didn't get a full song from them. Ditto the Fire Brothers from last episode.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

linall posted:

I'm sure the joke went about as far as it ever could but I'm so sad we didn't get a full song from them. Ditto the Fire Brothers from last episode.

I think that's my favourite part of the scene, that it didn't linger longer than it needed to.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Carole's defense about how they couldn't afford an AI writer is only true for her, and not for Tuesday's family fortune. I feel like C&T are going to be accused of being an astroturfed success with AI ghostwriters. There's no way Tao doesn't find out that Carole is not-Hillary Clinton's daughter. Angela's going to challenge their authenticity.

The bite was hella creepy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I can't believe I'd ever ask this of anyone, but Cybelle could you be just a little less goth?

Ju-just a little.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Mermaid sisters join the ranks of those cruelly robbed by this farce.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Sindai posted:

Mermaid sisters join the ranks of those cruelly robbed by this farce.

Just like my boi OG Bulldog :negative:

Also apparently this is going to be 24 eps according to wikipedia, so there's so much left o_O

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm guessing Cybelle is a van Gogh fan

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Nope, just something that burns Tuesday's hand, so she can't play her guitar

I'm surprised, there're even English preview synopsis on the official site. (Spoilers of course)

http://caroleandtuesday.com/story/11.html?lang=en

Why don't you make just make the series available to us Netflix! :argh:

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I started this yesterday and caught up all in one sitting. I can't wait for all my friends to watch Anime of the Season, next season!

My favorite episode was the one with Crystal. Crytal and Skip were amazing!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The ED is such whiplash after something bad happens

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Sindai posted:

The ED is such whiplash after something bad happens

Very much so, you're just sitting there going "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT" while this super catchy and cheery song plays

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

This was a good rear end anime, even if the ending was a little, uh, non-conclusive. It's the singular anime this Summer season whose episodes I was looking forward to each week. It says to be continued but I wonder when.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Dessel posted:

This was a good rear end anime, even if the ending was a little, uh, non-conclusive. It's the singular anime this Summer season whose episodes I was looking forward to each week. It says to be continued but I wonder when.

wait, is it not just a standard 24-episode show? i thought we'd get a new episode next week like usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah it's two cour, more coming.