Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Alexa Bliss opened the show with A Moment of Bliss, this time in the ring instead of on the stage. She spoke about the Money in the Bank ladder matches on the PPV of the same name. The men and women's match would each have 8 participants, divided equally between Raw and Smackdown.
  • The male competitors from Raw are BRAUN!, Ricochet, Drew McIntyre and Baron Corbin. They argued amongst themselves, Drew warning Corbin he wasn't going to let him steal his victory again like he did in the triple threat last week. BRAUN! told them all to shut up and challenged them to a tag match.
  • BRAUN! and Ricochet defeated Drew McIntyre and Baron Corbin after the Drew/Baron couldn't stay on the same page, with Drew eventually knocking out Corbin after trying to tag himself in to steal the pin. BRAUN! powerslammed Corbin and Ricochet got the pin.
  • The Usos defeated The Good Brothers in a match that got a fair amount of time, then aired a cell phone video of Dash Wilder shaving Scott Dawson's back (:what:), and the Revival came out to complain about this invasion of privacy (which is fair!). They promised to take care of Ryder and Hawkins then deal with the Usos later.
  • The Miz did an episode of MizTV with guest Bobby Lashley (no Lio Rush accompanying him) where he questioned if Lashley had achieved his full potential while calling himself an overachiever. Lashley, talking about himself in the 3rd person, pointed out that Miz lost to Shane at Wrestlemania and reiterated that Miz's dad thought he was worthless. Miz attacked Lashley, obviously intent on proving Lashley wasn't better than him.
  • Lashley, who apparently is better than him, defeated The Miz in a singles match. Shane McMahon came out during the match and a picture of MizDad appeared on the big screen which proved too much of a distraction. Shane attacked Miz postmatch who started to fight back until Lashley helped Shane out. Shane put him in a submission hold and declared on the mic that he was the Best in the World.
  • The Viking Raiders defeated Lucha House Party in like 2 minutes.
  • Another A Moment of Bliss, this time on the stage, introduced the women competitors from Raw for the Money in the Bank ladder match. They were Natte, Dana Brooke, Naomi and Alexa Bliss herself. They argued and Naomi demanded a match against Alexa, who initially insisted she didn't have her gear.
  • A new episode of Firefly Fun House aired, with Bray doing a painting which he showed to a rat puppet, it was the burning barn that Randy Orton set on fire. Abby the Witch showed up and Bray informed us that she is a sociopath, and spelling it out as the Word of the Day.
  • Naomi defeated Alexa Bliss in a match largely abut Alexa's shoes, which she claimed weren't actually hers.
  • Rey Mysterio and his large son were interviewed backstage, where Rey agreed it was tough being a little man in a land of giants, and he felt he'd let everybody down with his quick defeat at Wrestlemania. He would prove himself tonight against Samoa Joe in a rematch.
  • Becky Lynch was interviewed in the ring and insisted that fighting two matches in one night was a choice she did not regret making, because she intended to defend the belts she had earned in the same way she earned them, by fighting. Lacey Evans came out to largely repeat her regular schtick and then they broke into a brawl, frequently breaking free of restraining officials to fight more. The crowd loved Becky.
  • A Make A Wish child got to meet Stephanie McMahon (by request) as well as going around backstage and meeting other wrestlers, including Kofi Kingston.
  • Ryder and Hawkins, with new theme music, defeated The Revival in a non-title match in less than 5 minutes. This was most notable for a "shave your back" chant directed at The Revival.
  • The Miz informed an interviewer backstage that he was challenging Shane McMahon to a steel cage match. gently caress.
  • Sami Zayn did a promo discussing other fun stuff he did on "vacation", including studying psychology where he discovered the concept of psychological entitlement. He accused the fans of being entitled and throwing temper tantrums when they didn't get their way, and told a story about a little kid whose father encouraged him to ask Sami for an autograph at 4am. He agreed that quitting WWE would make him happy, but not as happy as he is to show up every week and hold the fans accountable for being terrible people. He intended to take the power "back" from the people.
  • Shane has accepted Miz's steel cage match challenge. gently caress.
  • Samoa Joe did a promo mocking Rey Mysterio, suggesting he buy Dominic a mask so he could hide his shame for his father. Mysterio defeated Joe in a non-title match with a not particularly good looking cradle pin, and celebrated with Dominic after the match.
  • AJ Styles and Seth Rollins came to the ring for a contract signing, where they passive-aggressively sniped back-handed compliments at each other. AJ talked up Seth giving it his all but noted he may have burned himself out, especially now he didn't have Roman or Dean to watch his back. As good as he was, he would never be the Phenomenal AJ Styles. For his part, Seth reminded AJ he never wanted to be the next anybody, just the first Seth Rollins. He was the man who beat The Beast, he could beat AJ too.
  • Finally a brawl broke out, with Seth getting the initial upper hand before AJ hit a Phenomenal Forearm to put Seth through the table to end the show.

Smackdown Results:
  • Michael Cole opened the show, welcoming WWE Champion Kofi Kingston to the ring to celebrate his victory at Wrestlemania but also address Kevin Owens attacking him last week. Kofi agreed that he'd been blindsided by Owens, saying he really believed Owens had changed. He didn't mind having a target on his back though and wasn't scared of Owens, and challenged him to a match at Money in the Bank with Kofi's title on the line.
  • Owens came out and admitted Kofi winning at Mania was a great moment, but the fans didn't truly believe he was championship material and Kofi shouldn't believe it either. He accepted the challenge, but then was jumped from behind by Xavier Woods. They fought, and Kofi joined in attacking Owens who bailed.
  • Bayley is one of the Smackdown competitors in the Women's Money in the Bank Ladder match.
  • Becky defeated Bayley in a good match, with Bayley getting in a lot of offense and even hitting her Elbow Drop, only for Becky to grab her into the Disarmer to get the submission win. Despite Becky no-selling Bayley's finish, Bayley looked good and the crowd was into her.
  • Don't worry though, just in case there was any mistaking Bayley as anything but a loser, Charlotte Flair made sure to arrive and hit Becky with a big boot, then toss Bayley into the ringpost and out of the ring like a sack of garbage.
  • Aleister Black did a backstage promo in the dark talking about fear, and how it paralyzes his opponents.
  • The Hardy Boyz came to the ring to address Jeff's injury, with Jeff on crutches. They showed a video of white supremacist Lars Sullivan attacking various wrestlers including Jeff. Matt said they no choice but to surrender the tag team titles since Jeff couldn't wrestle. Jeff assured the fans this wasn't the end of him or the Hardyz as a tag team, and promised to come back better than ever.
  • White Supremacist Lars Sullivan showed up and beat up Matt Hardy, then came after Jeff. Matt returned to save Jeff, but got smashed by Lars again. R-Truth showed up and attacked Lars with a chair, but Lars beat him up too.
  • It was announced that Finn Balor, Ali, Andrade and Randy Orton will be the Smackdown competitors in the Men's Money in the Bank ladder match.
  • The IIconics were guest commentators on a Asuka/Kairi tag match against a couple of giants, including one woman who I think was like 9 foot tall. Asuka/Kairi won quickly, much to their manager Paige's delight, while the IIconics freaked out about the Insane Elbow.
  • Mandy Rose spoke with Sonya Deville about the Money in the Bank ladder match, as apparently only one of them would be allowed to compete. Rather than be a source of drama, Sonya told Mandy she wanted her to take the spot because she deserved it.
  • Roman Reigns came out to talk about how he didn't show up to Smackdown intending to punch Vince McMahon, but he was gonna punch somebody and Vince just happened to be in the way. Shane came out to remind him that the McMahon Family owns this land, but Roman pointed out that it was Shane's daddy who owned the land, and when he got into the ring with Roman he got left on his back.
  • Shane retorted that when HE was in the ring with Roman, Roman ended up on his back. Roman pointed out this was due to Elias, and invited Shane to come face him one-on-one right now. Shane refused, he was busy getting ready for his Steel Cage match with Miz (gently caress) so instead sent out B Team to deal with Roman, and announced Elias would be the second referee at ringside.
  • Roman eventually beat The B Team, despite Elias hauling the referee out of the ring during a pinfall attempt and trying to attack him with the guitar. Roman Superman Punched Elias, Speared Curtis Axel and got the win. Crowd was really into this by the end of the match.
  • They repeated the Firefly Funhouse from Raw, where Bray painted a burning barn.
  • Finn Balor and Ali defeated Randy Orton and Andrade, with Ali scoring the pinfall on Andrade. Orton hit Balor with the RKO immediately after the match but got superkicked by Ali who then climbed the turnbuckle and pointed to the MITB briefcase hanging over the ring.
  • Ember Moon and Carmella were revealed as the next Smackdown competitors in the Women's Money in the Bank Ladder match. The interviewer was atrociously bad, struggling to read her lines.
  • Kevin Owens did The Kevin Owens Show as the main event of the evening, again stressing that Kofi was in over his head and Owens would relieve him of that stress by taking the WWE Championship away from him. He called down Xavier Woods to be his guest, but Xavier did not arrive. Owens said he had a backup plan and pulled an Xavier Woods action figure out of his pocket, then a BIG E figure (with a taped up leg) and placed them on a chair, then kicked the chair over.
  • Kofi arrived sans music and pulled off his shirt, then raced down to the ring and began brawling with Owens (this finally woke up the crowd, who had been dead). Owens tried to bail but Kofi cut him off, leaping from the steel steps to take him out at ringside. He threw a chair onto Owens, beat him against the barricade and talked poo poo to him.
  • Owens took off through the crowd and Kofi got back into the ring and up onto the turnbuckle, demanding he come back and fight.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I literally missed everything but the last 5 minutes of Raw, the show didn't sound particularly good but how was it? The Usos/Good Brothers match sounded like it was pretty solid?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

In case you were wondering where the IIconics were this week on RAW (outside of the promo package):

They were fighting Alicia Fox and Tamina on Main Event, and won. Still not exactly the best optics for the titles to already be relegated to WWE Main Event.

I legit wouldn't be surprised to read this was being done to punish Sasha Banks somehow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey to be fair, Lacey Evans was also immediately relegated to Main Event and now she's getting a title shot on a PPV!

I mean, that's awful too, but that's neither here nor there!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Also, the Usos singing their way to the ring and trying to encourage the crowd to dance has been overshadowed by said back-shaving but it was really loving awkward.

This is particularly galling since the Usos kinda sucked for ages then they got given a bunch of freedom (I can't remember if it started on Smackdown or not) to just be themselves/cut their own weird promos and they became amazing. Now it looks like WWE might be "helping" them :sigh:

VJeff posted:

If you don't want talent to run off, burying them on TV when they don't re-sign sure is a good idea.

Aphrodite posted:

Seth beat up both of the Revival after the show went off the air.

I assume the mindset is,"We'll make these guys such jokes it'll ruin their marketability once they leave!" not understanding that these guys who are booked like jokes on WWE and then turn out to be incredible in other promotions is NOT a knock against the other promotions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

I say Us, you say o!

Man the Fashion Police stuff with the Usos was so much fun. "DAY ONE IS H!"

The fact that almost every Usos/New Day PPV match was relegated to the pre-shows still blows my mind.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Wasn't only one relegated to the pre-show and the blew the roof off (and the PPV that followed was total butt) and it never happened again?

I was absolutely positive I remembered them being in at least 2-3 preshows but when I did a very quick and dirty lookup via cagematch I can see there weren't any (unless it was missed/misrecorded).

TLC 2015: Opening Match of the Show in a Triple Threat ladder match including Lucha House Party
Royal Rumble 2016: Middle of the card Tag Title Match
Money in the Bank 2017: Early in the card tag title match that went to countout
Battleground 2017: Opening tag title match
Hell in a Cell 2017: Opening tag title match (in the cell)
Clash of Champions 2017: Early in the card Fatal Fourway tag title match including Rusev/English and Gable/Benjamin (that's racist!)
Fastlane 2018: Near top of the card tag title match, ended in No Contest
Wrestlemania 34: Middle of the card, triple threat involving Bludgeon Brothers (who won in like 5 minutes)
TLC 2018: Early in the card triple threat involving The Bar

Maybe I just conflated the bad endings like count-outs/squashes in my head with pre-show matches? In any case, I was wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WWE is a billion dollar company, they should hire somebody to give water to their wrestlers for gently caress's sake.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results added to the OP. That main event was... certainly something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sugar Blaster posted:

https://twitter.com/JonMoxley/status/1123438186410205184

So Jon Moxley is already back to being like a million times better than anything Dean Ambrose did in WWE.

:hellyeah:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He did retire from wrestling, this is just a teaser for his Dangeresque-like self-funded and directed, straight to DVD/streaming action movie

:hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haven't they signed new contracts between then and now as well?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

*Triple H walking into the locker-room*

"We...... are in a wrestling war"

Triple H looks at his many, many decorative skulls
HHH: Are.... are we the bad guys?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

kinetic77 posted:

Sure. Fair enough, but the situation remains the same. Unless someone in Congress has the balls to fight this fight it isn’t going to change.

That doesn't mean people shouldn't rightfully complain about WWE's bullshit exploitation of their employees. There's no onus on anybody posting on an internet forum to provide solutions or alternatives to a hosed up and terrible system of unjust mistreatment before they're allowed to criticize it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I completely forgot Worlds Collide was a thing happening (has it been actually advertised on Raw/Smackdown at all?) but I did watch the Harper/Dijak episode and I really dug that and the Tyler Breeze match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still find it amazing that if they'd just given Punk the one thing he truly wanted, a Wrestlemania main event, there's a chance he would have stuck around at least another year or two and happily put other people over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Roddy Strong and Tyler Bate ..... would strongly recommend.

Seems about right!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yessssss the papers :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MotU posted:

roderick strong

Impossible, Roddy wouldn't be able to settle on one accusation, he'd make a string of like 20 in 12 seconds and also throw in a backbreaker in the middle of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In all seriousness, use the general thread for that type of thing if you want to do something opposed to Raw that isn't a different kind of wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ this reads like parody but I'm sure it's all absolutely loving real.

I can almost guarantee as well that if Harper had pulled off a Southern accent, Vince would have declared,"He sounds too Southern!" and refused to book him. The man is insane.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

In the latest observer newsletter, Meltzer hints that management was not happy with that interview and people have been fired for a lot less.

Harper: How much less? :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fsmhunk posted:

I knew the big LG was a good brother.

You know since he arrived in WWE, reports of the boys being out back buying flowers for their sweeties and toys for the little children have skyrocketed :hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

This is the impression I got over the years. Like sure, they'll fly you into Cleveland for Raw that week, but then you have to rent a car, find a hotel, drive to Columbus for Smackdown, then drive around to Akron and Toledo and Dayton and whatever other fuckin' podunk Ohio towns for house shows that week, paying your hotel fees the whole way, then back to Cleveland to catch your *company-funded flight* over to the next Raw town.

I believe the NFL covers all the players' road expenses, right? And UFC does the same plus gives the fighters a stipend? And both organizations are pretty scummy but still do at least this.

I'm gonna assume the XFL players are gonna be in the same boat as the WWE wrestlers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

another viceland question: so since David Von Erich clearly OD'd, how does Kevin claim that Japan determined he died of ruptured intestines? is he just straight up lying (which I suspect) or is there a story about a falsified death certificate that didn’t make into the documentary

If I remember right, Giant Baba had enough influence to have ruptured spleen or appendicitis or something put down as the official cause of death to avoid any embarrassment?

I think it was Baba's promotion he was working for at the time, anyway?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That was the same segment where the people writing the show while the ratings tanked came out to talk about how the show would improve because they were now writing it.

McMahons: The problem is Baron Corbin!
The McMahons put Baron Corbin in the main event almost every single week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It really should go without saying that this thread wasn't the place to post these, especially without spoiler tags for a show a lot of American fans were probably gonna watch at a more reasonable hour.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be fair, he's untrained and has no business whatsoever being in the ring, so it makes sense that he got hurt.

Also MizDad shouldn't have been in there either.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iFxUCSTfRU

I'll never get tired of posting this, and also hoping that it happens in real life right down to Bret Hart screaming insults in a broken down Vince McMahon's face.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Will Roman show up to answer Corbin's challenge? Stay tuned till hour three to find out.

Corbin beats Roman via shenanigans in the main event and adds,"The man who defeated Roman Reigns on his final Raw appearance!" to his list of announced accolades every week when he fights in the main event of every show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

how much plastic surgery has charlotte had, I didn't recognize her

How dare you fatshame Charlotte you sexist piece of poo poo :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

Eddie vs. Benoit via the magic of DeepFakes tech.

Step 1: Hire Davey Richards as a base.
Step 2: Hire Eddie Edwards because Davey no-showed.
Step 3: Painstakingly script out an AI-generated match for Eddie from thousands of hours of Benoit footage.
Step 4: Turn Eddie Edwards into Deepfake Davey.
Step 5: Turn Deepfake Davey into Deepfake Benoit.
Step 6: Vince shows up 2 minutes before airtime and decides he wants Sheamus in the match instead.
Step 7: Send Sheamus in to do the match.
Step 8: Get fired because Vince wanted Deepfake Sheamus, not real Sheamus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Could you imagine the Stone Cold Steve Austin character throwing petty Twitter burns at Mr McMahon? Lol

To this day there are still people mad that Steve Austin "took his ball and went home" but the man was a loving genius.

"This is bullshit, I'm not doing it."
"Yes you are!"
"Nope" and he just walks out the loving door.