Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bacalou

it has been too long. please, come in. pardon the dust, ive just come home from abroad, you see. years ago i attempted to pierce the veil, to uncover the mysteries of the past, present and future. unfortunately I forgot to pack my veil-piercing gear and ended up trapped in a morass of glib, uninspired charlatans with penchants for vague, meandering prose that rubbed off on me like a bad rash. however, during my eighth twaxing with cleo and the wizard, I had a profound vision of truth. on the television was an advertisement for a device, and one unpaid credit card payment of $899.99 later, I was the proud owner of the most accurate fortune telling device on Earth. unfortunately they don't tell you it has to be used daily or it breaks, and over the last six months, ive lost every friend and family member after daily fortunes drove them mad, or at least annoyed that I keep getting inside their homes with the (admittedly) very loud, very large device.

so ive come to you. let me tell your accurate fortunes so that I can keep this thing working long enough for someone to buy it on craigslist.

also, please ignore the yelling. once the machine is turned on, anything lower than 82 decibels is inaudible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
fortune favors the bold

LAY IT ON ME

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i would like to pay for your services with this one (1) banana

Manifisto

yeah okay, in stories and fables getting your fortune told literally never backfires

ty nesamdoom!

cda

by Hand Knit
i already know my future, so i'm just participating to check whether your machine is properly calibrated

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bacalou

prepuce repurposed posted:

fortune favors the bold

LAY IT ON ME

harusp.exe posted:

the swarthy tug boat captain of your conscious mind has trolled into murky waters. beware those who sell and buy, for both will lie, softly and without mercy. you must be on your guard, ever vigilant against the injustice of the world. make sure to check the seals on your drinks before purchase, and eye your coolant levels.

lucky crime of the week: jaywalking at half speed

power phrase: 'take me away, calgon!'

bacalou

Luvcow posted:

i would like to pay for your services with this one (1) banana

harusp.exe posted:

this week will be a breeze. a humid breeze on a hot day. be sure to stay hydrated and watch your sodium intake. stay vigilant against the languorous whims of the internal jabba and try to eat a carrot or bell pepper while doing a walking. eye contact is your friend and a wet handshake is your signature.

lucky crime of the week: stealing Archie comics

power phrase: 'i was enamoured, instanter'

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

ok going to keep a carrot and/or a bell pepper in my pocket and make sure my hands stay moist and clammy, thank you

bacalou

Manifisto posted:

yeah okay, in stories and fables getting your fortune told literally never backfires

harusp.exe posted:

the spirits of your distant ancestry have bet against you and your success. prove them wrong with vigilance and wit. take care to push yourself in a new direction, lest the barrow of your soul grow cold and dark in the flotsam of neoteny. impermanence is your siren song.

lucky crime of the week: ritualized vandalism

power phrase: 'i can't believe i ate the whole thing!'

Manifisto

hmm yes I always had this vague fantasy of quitting my fortune 500 ceo position to join the circus, I'm glad the stars endorse this otherwise risky move

I'm thinking something in the "geek" category, for example I could eat inedible or gross things, which seems to tie in with my power phrase

ty nesamdoom!

bacalou

cda posted:

i already know my future, so i'm just participating to check whether your machine is properly calibrated

harusp.exe posted:

bravery in the face of the mundane, a quality your peers attempt to admire. make sure not to let them down again this week by actually cleaning your bedroom and doing the dishes. be wary of those seeking a favor, as they will be critical of your performance. pursue the meal of your dreams at a price within your means. tonight: youtube recommends.

lucky crime of the week: supermarket corn displacement

power phrase: 'when do those wrists end?!'

Goons Are Gifts

Hello good sir, I can't pay but I'd like to rob you for my fortune anyways.

Areola Grande

Luvcow posted:

ok going to keep a carrot and/or a bell pepper in my pocket and make sure my hands stay moist and clammy, thank you

is that a carrot in your pocket or????

Areola Grande

take me away, calgon

bacalou

Goons Are Great posted:

Hello good sir, I can't pay but I'd like to rob you for my fortune anyways.

harusp.exe posted:

they say there is safety in numbers, but just who are they anyway, and how many of them are there? beware the mob, uninformed and pedantic, as they hold your fate in sway. this week, be as the eel: indiscriminate and chaotic. only time will expose your sixteen-hit combo as the catagory killer it really is.

lucky crime of the week: five finger death strike

power phrase: 'kids and grown-ups love it so!'

Karate Bastard

Delineate my doom señor.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
I like those odds! *is rolled off to a home*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bacalou

Karate Bastard posted:

Delineate my doom señor.

harusp.exe posted:

like a whale surfacing for air, you are drawn towards the inevitable. to abate the ravages of daily life, take time out of your routine for meditation and astral projection. the doctors agree, you have no qi, but what lies in it's place is much more terrifying.

lucky crime of the week: selling drugs under the bleachers

power phrase: pig pig pig pig pig!

bacalou

Nosfereefer posted:

I like those odds! *is rolled off to a home*

harusp.exe posted:

the myriad dimensions of time and space have aligned over your circumstances. take advantage of these fortunate times by taking some risks in love and profit. your future subconscious will forget to thank you. remember to bring your umbrella.

lucky crime of the week: identity theft

power phrase: 'i can't believe it's not butter'

Stoner Sloth

please tell my fortune, like one of your ancient Greek seamen!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

bacalou

Stoner Sloth posted:

please tell my fortune, like one of your ancient Greek seamen!

harusp.exe posted:

while contemplating the dust mote, remind yourself that although time is meaningless, self care is not. try a gentle exfoliating facial scrub next time you're in the shower. the demon living in your pores will thank you. remember: snails can become homeless, but the french don't eat slugs.

lucky crime of the week: scalping concert tickets

power phrase: 'don't. get. me. started.'

Manifisto

lol

these are all very good

ty nesamdoom!

FreshCutFries

i want a precisely 86% accurate future please

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

my future is a horrific, unbearable nightmare. come, wade into my deep waters, op

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

lol

these are all very good

:agreed: and thank you awesome BYOB soothsayer bacalou!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

bacalou

Stoner Sloth posted:

:agreed: and thank you awesome BYOB soothsayer bacalou!

to be clear i know nothing about saying sooths or telling truths and merely connect the device up to my cell phone telephone

bacalou

it is basically a mini-fridge made of imitation wood paneling and aluminum. a super loud klaxon sounds off for like 3 minutes each time i make it do a fortune.

bacalou

it is so loud

bacalou

Thingyman posted:

i want a precisely 86% accurate future please

harusp.exe posted:

seldom does the butterfly return to a caterpillar, so too is your past forever behind you. keep this in mind the next time you forget an entire uneventful day that passed several years back. new socks would be a good idea.

lucky crime of the week: sock theft

power phrase: 'the san francisco treat!'

bacalou fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 1, 2019

bacalou

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

my future is a horrific, unbearable nightmare. come, wade into my deep waters, op

harusp.exe posted:

slowly, ever so slowly they made their way into your life. what was life like before? can you even remember, or do you just imagine? will the silence of the lake ever hold you again? yes, consumer, yes, yes, and yes. tomorrow morning: buy a new pen, your signature will be required.

lucky crime of the week: voter fraud

power phrase: 'bring back the bk broiler!'

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult

Macnult

hello yes I would like my fortune told

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

so true

bacalou

Macnult posted:

hello yes I would like my fortune told

harusp.exe posted:

the soft spring air has worked it's way into your dreams. like a cicada, you are about to come alive. remember to wear adequate climbing gear when, shedding your outer carapace, you attach yourself to a suitable tree and begin screaming for hours and hours on end. keep in mind that green really accentuates your piercing, hollow gaze.

lucky crime of the week: identity theft of a lost twin

power phrase: 'wheres the beef?!'

bacalou fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 1, 2019

Goons Are Gifts

Is this a one-time offer or can we get another fortune if we don't like our current one?
I still have the receipt!

bacalou

Goons Are Great posted:

Is this a one-time offer or can we get another fortune if we don't like our current one?
I still have the receipt!

:nyd:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
just want to report that in a completely unexpected turn of events i was in the right place at the right time with a red bell pepper in my pocket and i could not be more thankful for the fortune advice i was given

5/5 stars

Did you find this comment useful? yes___ no___

Manifisto

my vandalism ritual needs tweaking, it's very fiddly lighting incense in bad weather and the goats draw a bit more attention than I'd like

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

my vandalism ritual needs tweaking, it's very fiddly lighting incense in bad weather and the goats draw a bit more attention than I'd like

i got some 'legally acquired' tickets to a ritual vandalism master class going real cheap if you want 'em.