Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nystral posted:

Can someone touch a bit on what civil penalties or other recourse actions the house can levy against Barr / other non-willing participants?

As I understand it without DOJ support Contempt of Congress won’t get criminal penalties - so no jail time - but I’m not sure what else congress can do? Levy punative fines upon Barr himself? DOJ?

The Congressional Sergeant-at-Arms gives him increasingly powerful wedgies every time he visits the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

McNally posted:

If you live in one of the following districts, please ask your Congressfucker why they're a lovely loving human being.

I pinged my Congresswoman (NYC's AOC, of whom I expected better), but this is one of those things where I can't reasonably see why a representative would be against it.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

bulletsponge13 posted:

These guys also tend to be the most pro-war, supercritical types. Everything in their day was harder, and those Browns are lucky they didn't turn him loose. Also, very pro war crime.

I'm unfortunate enough to have a few of those in my social circle.

Yeah, all that time starching BDUs and polishing boots would for sure have paid off in battle.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

library of congress knows exactly what the gently caress is up

Counterpoint:

https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0009701/

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

We've been rotating 52s in Qatar for the past few years, to give the B-1B airframes badly needed downtime for maintenance/upgrades. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was just an ordinary contingency deployment.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Sorry, I could have worded that better.

I meant, the B-52s in Qatar are probably a pre-scheduled deployment funded by money from the Overseas Contingency Operations pot, as opposed to a completely unexpected deployment meant to screw with Iran.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Down already.

What was it?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

That's the schadenfreude I needed today.

Poor Ben forgot he wasn't on Fox News.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I haven't paid for a bag since I enlisted, so I'm honestly dreading it when I get out. I don't want to spend money needlessly, but I also don't want to be that douche vet who goes to college with camouflage bags.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

colachute posted:

Suck my dickorum from the back.

New GiP hover text, please

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Another deluded Star Citizen backer. How sad

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

Thats why I specified that Catholicism is disliked and distrusted. I've only seen Catholic used as an excuse for racism, but distrust of the church as a whole(which tends to include the congregation as a group, but not individuals) is still a thing.

Yeah, there are definitely some weird misconceptions.

I was raised Catholic. When I lived in Louisiana, I had a buddy who asked if Catholics drink actual blood in church.

Despite the unbelievable temptation to play along, I broke the news that Catholic mass was even more boring than his Protestant denomination.

News:

Iran quadruples production of low-enriched uranium

Our steadfast ally Saudi Arabia is ready to help us fight Iran

President Trump directs former WH counsel to defy congressional subpoena

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's loving snowing here.

Current event: I live near Crusty Minge, and goddamn that's no joke. Might actually be a snow day at my base if this keeps up overnight.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Vasudus posted:

It's been a pretty well known thing that there's an extremely heavy Evangelical presence in the USAF academy and of those, there's a disproportionate amount in Missiles.

The plus side I guess is that all of those Jesus/Rapture freaks are largely exiled to missile bases in the middle of nowhere.

The Air Force Academy has an architecturally fascinating cadet chapel. Looks really cool.

Go inside, and the Protestant chapel room is a beautiful open space with a high vaulted roof, lots of marble, and an enormous pipe organ.

Go downstairs, and the Catholic chapel area is a reasonably nice room in the basement.

The Jewish and Buddhist chapel areas are tiny windowless basement rooms. You can't actually see the entryway from that first exterior photo. It's hidden away in an access passage.

Pictured: the basement entry

Muslim? You can maybe carve out some space in the all-faith room, which I am told exists but could never actually locate.

I have no idea how hard evangelism is pushed at the academy, but religion in general was pushed hard for everyone. Back when I was in basic training, we all had to go to some kind of religious thing on Sunday morning. Atheism was no excuse; that was an order, albeit an illegal one. I went to the generic Christian service and snoozed with my eyes open, but I really regret that I never went to Wiccan services. From what I later learned, they gave out candy and drinks. We just got this awful song, which they played before every week's church service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvbBwsMTgI

Somehow, even eight weeks in, it still made half the trainees in the audience start sobbing like they just lost their favorite pet.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

That's the safest place in a tornado.

In a natural history museum, cowering beneath the triceratops fossil?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-p...m=.d01f73188def

Number of Americans who can't muster $400 is now up to four in ten.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk if you were back in the military who would you want as your co

old kirk
new kirk (i think hes rad)
picard
sisko

and who cares about the rest except nerds

im team sisko all the fuckin way quote this poo poo dont fuckin @ me with any of your bullshit

gtfoh

Picard would be the only one of those choices who would actively try to avoid getting his guys killed in a needless fight, but would be in it to win it regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOXT22Ghouw

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

As you entered the parking lot, you may have noticed a special parking space; it is reserved to honor our missing men.

Set for one, the empty space represents Americans who were or are missing from each of the services – Lowe's, Home Depot, 84 Lumber – and civilians, all with us in spirit.

Some here were very young, or not yet born, when the Lumberjack Wars began; however, all Americans should never forget the brave men and women who answered our nation’s call and served the cause of freedom in a special way.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Loden Taylor posted:

The parking lines are white, symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call to serve.

The single red parking cone reminds us of the lives of these Americans, and their loved ones and friends who keep the faith, while seeking answers.

The lone potted juniper reminds us that all plants in the Garden Center are 25% off today.

But of course they'd re-purpose the veteran parking space. Wouldn't want to inconvenience a regular customer.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If Ted's for it like hell do I trust it.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

Unless it's searching in the vicinity of John Ratcliffe, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Fox News only.