Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

iZombie is back tonight for its fifth and final season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yes

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

get HYPE

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This will help fill the newly created void that formed after watching Santa Clarita only for it to get cancelled immediately afterwards

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chase Graves did nothing wrong and the show did him dirty :colbert:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jason Dohring is bae and I will miss him

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just noticed this was being recorded by my DVR tonight. I'll watch it when it's done.

I also noticed my DVR recorded the first episode of the new season of the 100.

It's time for schlocky TV that amuses me for some dumb reason.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The 100/iZombie season is one of my fave times of year

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I want Ravi to stay this way forever

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I can't believe they are still trying to frame Liv the smuggler as being a good person while also showing that zombie Seattle is one missed brain shipment away from zombies openly murdering humans. :psyduck: Stop making the food problem worse Liv jfc

This premiere was kinda bad? A ton of plotlines and none of them were very interesting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I want Ravi to stay this way forever

lmao

I also love that Johnny Frost is still around and the show name of Frost Bites hosed killed me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I kinda miss the goofy procedural and not this weird smuggler/zombies-as-racism thing they're doing. Also come on Ravi, the CDC isn't just gonna immediately say "oh here's the cure" and initiate a childhunt without finding a way to synthesize more brain stuff.

All that said, Thumb-breaker Ravi and Blaine doing a McConaughey Lincoln ad were great.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It's really a shame that the show never managed to get away from the brain of the week format. Overall it has been a good run but there was just a potential for so much more. But I am looking forward to this last season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I kinda miss the goofy procedural and not this weird smuggler/zombies-as-racism thing they're doing. Also come on Ravi, the CDC isn't just gonna immediately say "oh here's the cure" and initiate a childhunt without finding a way to synthesize more brain stuff.

I think the idea isn't so much that the CDC would do it but if they had the info it would leak out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah, the free market would provide those child brain extraction factories in due time.

I'm honestly quite unimpressed by this episode and don't have a lot of high hopes for the rest of the season.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
So do they have some kind of contractual obligation with the network where, every episode, one of the leads has to eat a brain and be weird?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I can't believe they are still trying to frame Liv the smuggler as being a good person while also showing that zombie Seattle is one missed brain shipment away from zombies openly murdering humans. :psyduck: Stop making the food problem worse Liv jfc

Remember that scene last season where Blaine looked a starving kid in the eye and scraped brains off his plate into the garbage? And likewise, how Blaine literally had enough brains that he could feed Angus's whole "congregation" every week without it being anything more than a minor inconvenience?

The show doesn't usually get that pointed about it, but the problem wasn't too many mouths to feed. It was distribution, not supply.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Remember that scene last season where Blaine looked a starving kid in the eye and scraped brains off his plate into the garbage? And likewise, how Blaine literally had enough brains that he could feed Angus's whole "congregation" every week without it being anything more than a minor inconvenience?

The show doesn't usually get that pointed about it, but the problem wasn't too many mouths to feed. It was distribution, not supply.

It's very much a supply problem otherwise Chase Graves and now Major wouldn't need for Blaine to keep smuggling in brains. Or how they are always talking about being low on brain tubes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao that Clive is still into D&D

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
okay I've upgraded my status from last week as "kinda not liking this zombies-as-racism" thing to "definitely not liking this zombies-as-racism" thing. I mean, I don't like when any fantasy story tries to co-opt actual racial/societal issues by subsituting another species in place of a race, but this time it's egregious because it's just such a drastic tonal clash with the still very good jokes that the show has. I'm laughing at Clive's continued enjoyment of D&D one minute and then saying "oh gently caress this poo poo" the next when they make jokes about "whiteface".

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 10, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kareem!

Seems kinda pointless to have Chase killed off if they are just going to have Major fill his exact same role making the exact same decisions.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Wow, they went way the gently caress out of their way to have a black dude say "white lives matter".

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well this episode was a return to form. All of the dancing parts were great fun.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The montage was super fun but seeing Clive smile was unsettling.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the rest of the episode but it'a always a little weird when they don't resolve the case.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I saw the promo shots and expected Ravi to eat a brain but the dancing montage, and Clive being unexpectedly nerdy about dancing was :allears:

I don't mind at all that the show is still doing brains+murders of the week, but it is a bit weird that whenever they do, it's like they step into an alternate world where nobody knows about zombies or how they work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it is unclear whether or not Ravi would get the same benefit eating a brain when he isn't having his "monthlies."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Besides, I think he already mentioned (like, last season maybe? memory's a little fuzzy) that when he's not on his monthlies he finds the prospect of eating brains just as gross as... well, as gross as you'd normally find eating human brains, so even if he got the perks/memories, it'd be a tough sell to get him to chomp down on those brains.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I must have forgotten something major (no pun intended). I thought Ravi was a zombie now, so why didn't he just eat a piece of the brain to learn how to dance? And if he is a zombie, how can he and human Peyton have a sexual relationship still?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I must have forgotten something major (no pun intended). I thought Ravi was a zombie now, so why didn't he just eat a piece of the brain to learn how to dance? And if he is a zombie, how can he and human Peyton have a sexual relationship still?

He gave himself a cure that only sort of worked and now he has a zombie menstrual cycle where he becomes zombie-like once a month.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Iirc Ravi is essentially a were-zombie. For a few days every month, he turns into a zombie (or partial zombie?) and you can tell when it's his time of the month cause a streak of his hair turns white. After a few days, he goes back to being regular Ravi.

I believe it was a side effect of one of the cures.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Liz as the typical tech CEO was perfect. Especially when she "invented" policework :laugh:

Everyone seems to know Liv is renegade but that teacher guy still has to keep it a secret because? Hell, why don't they just house those kids on the Filmore Grave campus?

Tech CEO lady did nothing wrong. Should've just looked the other way Clive. :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I imagine the house needs to be kept secret since it still has tunnels to the outside in it.

Also, is it just me or did that end feel super abrupt to anyone else?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

I imagine the house needs to be kept secret since it still has tunnels to the outside in it.

Also, is it just me or did that end feel super abrupt to anyone else?

No, it was totally abrupt

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

TwoPair posted:

No, it was totally abrupt

And speaking of abrupt... did they just drop the poisoning from last week? I assumed that thread was continuing on to this week.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

That house is outside. It's a Fillmore Graves safe house that Major used last season when he drugged Liv with the brain of a lovestruck couple and tried to make her love him.

I've no idea why anyone's using the house, seems like it's way more trouble than it's worth. Why not just teach the zombie kids on the Fillmore Graves campus?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argue posted:

And speaking of abrupt... did they just drop the poisoning from last week? I assumed that thread was continuing on to this week.

They did that before where stories got kind of cut off but picked up later, remember the whole dominatrix thing? So they might be doing that again.

Open Source Idiom posted:

That house is outside. It's a Fillmore Graves safe house that Major used last season when he drugged Liv with the brain of a lovestruck couple and tried to make her love him.

I've no idea why anyone's using the house, seems like it's way more trouble than it's worth. Why not just teach the zombie kids on the Fillmore Graves campus?

I don't think it is as the kids had to get close to the border when they arrived and then the teacher came in through the front door this episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm glad the writers are calling out how dumb the Peyton and Blaine romance was. It was a terrible plot and made Peyton seem like an idiot.

French commander was right, Major is incompetent and a bad leader. Vive Chase Graves!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have no idea where this season is going but things sure seem relentlessly bleak. I guess maybe it will end with Seattle being nuked?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm glad the writers are calling out how dumb the Peyton and Blaine romance was. It was a terrible plot and made Peyton seem like an idiot.

Hearing this makes me want to catch up right away, but I have other shows I need to catch up on ugh!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
How the hell has Ken Marino looked exactly the same for 25 years?