Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I don't know how you moved a space to the right before the empathy flashback started, but I got a kick out of seeing Ms. Mouse get in your personal space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

So if you talk to Mr. Beaver when he's still working on the wall, he'll say something like this:

"This green-haired guy said he'd give me a knuckle sandwich if I didn't build this wall here. I've never had a knuckle sandwich before, but it sounds tasty. And if he's willing to give me that to not build a wall, imagine what he'll give me if I do build one!"

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I need more of those thick rice noodles in me STAT.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Hey, I'm playing Jimmy ahead of Grandma, and I'm gonna let you in on some stuff he'll probably leave alone in his videos!

So I double-checked, and there's something Information Guy didn't tell you about the Imagination system. Not only do you unlock active and passive skills at certain levels, you get stat increases every single Imagination level, depending on form. Blob gives +1 DEF, Goon gives +1 LUK, and Flower gives +3 HP and MP.

Here's a description of what all their abilities do (with passive skills in italics):
Revolting Blob:
(Lv 05) Sticky Phlegm (3 MP): Cover the enemy in viscous goo. Damage the enemy and lower their agility by 50%.
(Lv 10) Antibodies: Years of toxic buildup are paying off. Immune to sick.
(Lv 15) Solidify (3 MP): Reconfigure your body structure to a solid state. Guard with 150% more DEF and MDF.
(Lv 25) Resilient Body: Poke it, punch it, slap it, just jiggles back to its normal shape. DEF +50%.
(Lv 40) Toxic Sludge (15 MP): Hock poisonous scum onto the enemy. 600% physical damage over six turns.
(Lv 50) Undulate (3 MP): Waver your gelatinous body temptingly. All enemies attack you for five turns.

Low-Level Goon:
(Lv 05) Bully (5 MP): Utilize your brawn to hide your low self-esteem. 150% physical damage.
(Lv 10) Clean Getaway (1 MP): True heroes don't retreat, so no problems here. 100% chance to escape.
(Lv 15) High Five (10 MP): Give a friend a high five to boost their confidence. Heal 50% of max HP.
(Lv 25) Beginner's Luck: Come on, just one more hand of blackjack--I'm on a roll! LUK +50%.
(Lv 40) Grift (0 MP): Separate your enemy from their personal belongings--being lucky helps.
(Lv 50) Business Savvy: You might be starting from the bottom, but you'll work your way to the top! Enemies give twice the money.

Happy Little Sunflower:
(Lv 05) Mental Clarity (5 MP): Focus your mind to purify your body. Heal common status effects to one ally.
(Lv 10) Sunshine (8 MP): Bathe your opponent in warm, dangerous UV rays. 150% magical damage; double damage to undead.
(Lv 15) Pep Talk (15 MP): Talk excitedly about life. Recover an unconscious ally to 25% health.
(Lv 25) Comforting Smile (15 MP): Show the party that everything will work out. Heal 25% of the party's HP.
(Lv 40) Positive Work Ethic: Chin up! You'll get stronger if you try! Jimmy's Imagination gains 50% more EXP.
(Lv 50) Nourishing Roots: Absorb vital nutrients from the soil. 10% HP regen.

There's also the matter of Jimmy's clubhouse. In addition to an ATM machine and heart fountain, it has a jukebox where you can play music tracks you find, eight furniture slots, and a billboard telling you what set bonuses you have active. That's right: set bonuses! Jimmy's furniture isn't just decorative; it provides stat bonuses and other benefits, especially when you coordinate it well.

Most furniture is divided into four categories, depending on what set bonuses they offer. Common Sets come in four pieces, and are usually bought in stores. Monster Sets come in five pieces, and are stolen from various monsters, so be sure to check what your new enemies have on them. Rare Sets come in six pieces, and are usually found in toy boxes, along with a handful of Other pieces. Here's what GrandmaParty has access to so far:

Rustic Set (???)
-Windmill (+1 AGI): Makes you want to play mini-golf. Buy from Ms. Robin in Smile.
-Barrels (+1 ATK): Filled with odds and ends. Buy from Ms. Robin in Smile.
-???
-???

Fuzzy Set (???)
-Stuffed Skitter (+2 AGI): Made from synthetic materials. Steal from Skitter in Giant Garden.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Floral Set (???)
-Happy Little End Table (+3 AGI): Now you have one of your own! Find in Giant Garden.
-???
-???
-???
-???
-???

Would you like me to repeat that?

Solitair fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Any objections to me keeping a running tally of furniture? I'm trying to get as much of it as I can in my run, and some of these descriptions are pretty good, but I don't want to pressure GP into playing the game the same way I do.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

There's a Wikia of Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass that has all the furniture, the bonuses you get for completing each set, and all of the secret complete sets that give you even better bonuses. I don't know if it's kosher to post it, but just to be on the safe side, I won't.

There's a lot to unpack and talk about in this game, you just can't do it at this early point of the game without getting into massive spoilers.

I'm updating that wiki because some of the furniture locations aren't listed yet, and I was planning on adding furniture to my list in the thread bit by bit as the LP continues.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

If you go down that hole as anything but Goon form, you bounce off Information Guy's body, so no worries.

Ayndin posted:

Does anything special happen if you shake DeeDee a second time?

Naw, she just threatens you again.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Boy, we've been fighting a lot of things lately, haven't we? Maybe I should take note of them, too.

(If you're reading from the LP archive, this is not actually my first post. This is, but GP didn't link to it 'cause it ain't got no pretty pictures.

Cloudy Hill Enemies

Puff will attack you or else do nothing. The ultimate pushover.
Puff recently got a rejection letter from an exclusive college prep school. They said he couldn't get in with his poor penmanship.

Wendy will hit everyone in your party with a weak physical attack.
Sometimes, Wendy dreams of moving to the big city so she can blow hats off people's heads and mess up their hair before important job interviews.

Nimbus will hit a single target with lightning and startle them.
Nimbus knows how to play piano, but she's too shy to perform in front of anybody.

Cumulus will laugh, then counter the next turn.
Cumulus once ate a bag of marbles thinking they were hard candy. He felt pretty embarrassed afterward.

Eddy will flex, then attack twice the next turn.
Eddy has a full-time membership at a cloud gym. It's like a regular gym, except you mostly lift clouds.

Giant Garden Enemies

Buddy Bee can startle a party member with a sting, or cheer to Motivate the enemy party, giving a +50% bonus to all stats.
Buddy Bees will befriend anything. One time, a Buddy Bee became best friends with a jar of pickles. When it found out that the jar was an inanimate object and thus incapable of friendship, the Buddy Bee cried for three days straight.

Cloud Babies will split apart on the first turn, turning into two of any cloud enemies, including Bad Weather (see below). You can steal Cloud Thread from them to make them split even sooner.
Cloud Babies aren't really babies; they actually take six years to form.

Bad Weather is a bit stronger than the other cloud enemies. It can make a storm to startle your whole party, but it's only found from Cloud Babies or that dark cave with the spider webs.
Bad Weather's scythe is so sharp because he freezes the accumulating precipitation around it when he floats high into the atmosphere.

Mack will waste turns looking self-conscious as long as he's in the same party as Mortimer. You can steal $2 from him.
One time, Mack was mistaken for a box of old clothes and was donated to the Salvation Army. He bit the employee who tried to open him and had a grand adventure walking through the city back to Homeflower.

You can steal $10 from Mortimer.
Mortimer was the son of a wealthy turtle, but he's a savvy investor in his own right. Mack took some of his advice one time and made twelve cents off of a one dollar investment. It was all he could afford at the time.

Skitter will preen over his handsomeness and attack three times the next turn. You can steal his Apple to heal the party for 25% HP and make him Angry, and also the Stuffed Skitter furniture.
Did you ever wonder why Skitters have a flower for a tail? That's actually a parasitic flower that male Skitters attach to themselves in order to find a mate. If the Skitter goes too long without finding a mate, the flower will burrow into the Skitter's brain and control it.

Bosses
Revolting Blob has a regular physical attack, and tells an off-color joke to signal that it will counter physical attacks the next turn. I dunno if the form-giving enemies qualify as bosses, exactly, but I'm putting them here because you only fight them once.

Low-Level Goon has a normal physical attack, can bully you for 150% physical damage, and heal himself for 45 HP.

Happy Little Sunflower comes with two Buddy Bee adds, which it heals for 50% HP each turn. Once they're gone, it will use a normal physical attack.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Rustic Set (+5 DEF)
-Windmill (+1 AGI): Makes you want to play mini-golf. Buy from Ms. Robin in Smile.
-Barrels (+1 ATK): Filled with odds and ends. Buy from Ms. Robin in Smile.
-Boring Table (+1 MDF): Perfect for a boring dinner. Buy from Ms. Robin in The Wilted Lands.
-Tree Stump (+1DEF): Formerly a regular old tree. Buy from Ms. Robin in The Wilted Lands.

Scaly Set (???)
-Snake Hatrack (+2 MAT): Perfect for various hats worn by various snakes. Steal from The Younger Mr. Asp in The Wilted Lands.
-???
-???
-???
-???

(I tried to timg the enemy sprites and it didn't work. Let me know if they're too much of a bother.)

Solitair fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

If you talk to him after pulling him out of bed, he'll fight you solo, and won't be there to back up DeeDee and Johnny Knives.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Slither is a pushover with a full party, so I wanted the satisfaction of beating it as soon as possible. I had to burn through my stock of Choco Colas, but it worked. As for the Queen, her pupae will morph through the Beehive enemies, getting stronger the more turns you take, so I'd just ignore them and burn the Queen down ASAP. It's kind of funny when she summons Buddy Bees and they damage her with their cannibalize move, especially since she should be almost dead by that time.

Anyway...

The Wilted Lands Enemies
Rad Ghost has a pretty high agility for this point in the game. It will either inflict the party with Ennui, preventing them from getting experience, groove to become Dodgy and immune to attacks for that round, or just leave. It's also resistant to physical attacks, but weak against holy. It gives pretty decent rewards, but you've got to beat it to the punch somehow. Maybe with some agility-boosting sneakers?
Rad Ghost has done a sick ollie off of at least five of the seven wonders of the world.

Skitterbones will attack for normal damage or bite for 125% damage. Stealing their Weird Bone kills them instantly, and it's also weak against holy.
Skitterbones live in a perpetual state of depression since their only memories revolve around how handsome they used to be.

The Elder Mr. Asp can inflict Sick with his bite. If The Younger Mr. Asp is also on the field, he can berate him and waste both their turns.
The Elder Mr. Asp was quite the looker in his youth. Legend has it, he was voted "Most Handsome Reptile" in high school.

The Younger Mr. Asp can also inflict Sick. You can steal his Dignity to make him Unmotivated, reducing his stats, and also a Snake Hatrack.
The Younger Mr. Asp once lost ten dollars when someone bet him that he couldn't love himself.

Turtle Stack will either attack twice or bite for 125% physical damage. You can steal poor Mack from the bottom of the stack, separating the turtles and making them waste turns flipping back over.
Mortimer pays Mack seventeen cents a day to let him climb on his back in order to become a Turtle Stack. Mortimer just likes to look tall, and Mack, well, let's face it, Mack needs the money.

Grabbing Hand will Grasp a party member, leaving them unable to act for a few turns, but will release them if Startled. It can't actually deal damage by itself. Only found in Slither's Burrow.
Grabbing Hands grab all they can. Why? Who knows? The only thing I know for sure is that they're doing it all for themselves after all.

Beehive Enemies
Everything in here is weak against holy.
The corrupted Buddy Bee sometimes wastes turns moaning, but can also cannibalize its fellow enemies, draining health from them and making itself Motivated.
A zombified Buddy Bee has forgotten everything it knows about friendship. It is twisted and hollow inside.

Drone can make you Sick by spitting gross stuff on you.
Buddy Bee Drones are controlled by pheromones secreted by the Queen. While they normally hunt for pollen, now that they've been tainted, they hunt the caverns of the Buddy Bee hive, seeking human flesh.

Worker Bee can Startle you by stinging, or waste turns making a clicking sound.
Worker Bees are inhabited by something horrid...

Royal Guard can Startle you with a sting, or go into a combat stance, dealing 250% physical damage the next turn. The first one you fight will be Asleep, making it vulnerable to the attack that wakes it up, and the second will be Frazzled, giving it a chance to attack itself instead of you.
Royal Guards protect the Queen no matter what. When the taint spread through them, it just magnified their already impressive strength.

Bosses

DeeDee has a basic attack and can sweep your leg to Startle you. Big Enormous has a basic attack, can Motivate his party with his boombox, and can Grasp party members in a bear hug, making them unable to act for two turns. Startling him will end the Grasp early. Johnny Knives can attack one party member, attack all party members at once, or cackle to signal that he'll attack three times next turn. Stealing his knives turns him into Johnny No-Knives, who will either attack or do nothing every turn.

Punch Tanaka has a basic attack. If he looks in the mirror, he will counter physical attacks next turn. If he glares at you, he'll deal 300% physical damage with a magnificent combo next turn. At less than 50% health, he can bully you for 150% physical damage. At less than 20% health, he'll run away, giving no experience or money. Defeating him without him running will get you three Marvelous Coins.

Slither can attack for 125% physical damage, bite to inflict normal damage and Sick, or Grasp you for three turns, dealing normal physical damage each turn. Startling will break the Grasp early. When it watches you, it will either counter physical attacks or inflict 250% damage to all party members next turn.

Queen Bee has a basic attack, a stinging attack that can Startle you, and the ability to inflict Sick by spitting at you. She is accompanied by two Pupa adds, which are invincible until they morph into something else. On the first turn, they will transform into Drones, and on the fourth, she will summon two more Pupae, killing any Drones still alive to make room. This process repeats every five turns, first with Drones, then Worker Bees, then Buddy Bees, and finally with Royal Guards.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Floral Set (???)
-Rose Table (+3 ATK): Perfect for a dinner of soil, water and sunshine. Found in the Beehive.
-Happy Little End Table (+3 MAT): Won't stop laughing. Found in Giant Garden.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Other
-Slab of Beef (+4 ATK): Unsanitary! Found in Slither's Burrow.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GrandmaParty posted:

Future episodes are gonna have the music cranked up a bit. It's actually pretty good.

I haven't found any way to adjust the music in-game, actually. How'd you do it?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Whatever plans you have for leveling your forms will have to wait, because you ought to be in goon form at all times here.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'm trying the best I can not to be over-leveled for bosses, so I haven't turned on Easy Mode yet.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

By now we're starting to see different battle music for different areas of the game, as well as a different boss theme for fights that aren't against nightmarish things that should not be. Also, we now have a full party, so let's talk about what they can do. on second thought let's wait up on that until GP can show it off in a video whoops

Legato Castle Enemies
Tootsoldier can guard, attack all party members for 75% damage, hit for 150%, or bash you with their shield, inflicting Unguarded, which halves your DEF and MDF.
It takes one year of military training and an advanced degree in music theory to become a Tootsoldier.

Whistling Kettle can release steam to Startle the entire party. You can steal tea from it, which heals 10% of the party's MP and makes it unable to release steam anymore.
The angrier a Whistling Kettle gets, the more steam it releases. Ancient Legato used to place Whistling Kettles in a closed room and insult them to create makeshift steam rooms.

Teamouse will run away once its HP gets below 50%. You can steal its tea to heal 10% of the party's MP and kill it instantly.
Teamice contain different flavors of tea depending on where they're from. The Teamice in Legato Castle contain Earl Grey, but in the countryside they have a nice, warm chai.

Bosses
Super Deathbot 4000 can use a basic attack, waste a turn by emitting sparks, and emit electricity to attack everything magically, including itself. It can also rampage to deal 150% physical damage twice, but will skip the turn afterwards. You can steal exposed wires from it to make it Frazzled.

Red-Billed Squawker has a basic attack, can yammer to deal 25% physical damage and Startle the whole party without triggering a counter, and can rampage to hit for 150% physical damage twice at the cost of skipping its next turn. At 50% health, it will make itself Hyper, doubling its agility and eliminating the turn penalty for its rampage.

Roland has a normal attack and a rampage attack that deals 150% physical damage twice and makes him skip his next turn. If he tenses his muscles, he will hit for 250% physical damage next turn. Or you can just steal his thread to turn him into a normal Tootsoldier.

LeGrange has a normal attack, a triple attack that leaves him winded next turn, a 75% physical damage lunge that always goes first, and a 50% physical damage feint that can Startle you. Or you can just steal his thread to turn him into a normal Tootsoldier.

Claire has a normal attack and a variety of status-inflicting attacks, each of which deals 50% damage and can either inflict Sick, Startled, Unguarded or Unmotivated. Or you can just steal her thread to turn her into a normal Tootsoldier.

Coltrane has a normal attack. If he tenses his muscles, he'll slash for 300% physical damage next turn. If he tenses twice in a row, he'll slash for 600% physical damage instead. Or you can just steal his thread to turn him into a normal Tootsoldier.

Windsor is joined in battle by two Lvl 2 Tootsoldiers, which have higher stats than the regular kind. He commands them in battle by switching them between offensive and defensive stances, changing how likely they are to guard or use their stronger attacks. He can also order them to attack twice in the same turn. Once they're gone, he'll say "Think an old bassoon like me can't hold his own in a scrap? Think again!" and attack from then on.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Kiddy Set (???)
-Alphablocks (+1 AGI): Makes spelling fun! Buy from Ms. Robin in Legato.
-Stuffed Hippo (+1 MAT): Extra big for cuddling. Buy from Ms. Robin in Legato.
-???
-???

Musical Set (???)
-Treble Clef (+3 AGI): A huge clef for a huge score. Found in Legato Castle.
-???
-???
-???
-???
-???

Solitair fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Hirayuki posted:

Roland's totally a drum, isn't he. I mean, he's a Tootsoldier masquerading as a drum. Drumroland.

i mean if grandma party finds puns so irritating he picked the wrong game to play

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Jimmy looks adorable as a grumble bear.

Okay, now let's talk about the full party we've got going.

Jimmy
I am eight years old. I like video games, coloring, and Mom, Dad, Buck, and Uncle Lars.
Personality: Empathetic. You can be like others if you know how they feel. Allows use of imagination abilities.
Imagination: Six customizable ability slots, two of which carry over to all of Jimmy's forms.

Everybody except Jimmy gets two slots for Manuals, which allows you to customize their fifth and sixth abilities. I'll talk more about Manuals when we get some interesting ones.

Buck
Buck listens to music that hurts my head. Buck works out and can pick me up with one hand.
Personality: Brash. Sometimes you just can't stop punching. 25% chance of hitting twice when attacking.
Nerd Bash:
Bully (5 MP): Utilize your brawn to hide your low self-esteem. 150% physical damage.
Insult (0 MP): Target an enemy's feelings. Startle the target for one turn.
Inner Rage (5 MP): You can only be pushed so far until you snap. ATK +50%, but you can't control your actions.
Magnificent Combo (15 MP): Perform a magnificent combo! 300% physical damage; two-turn cooldown.

Helga
Helga is my mom's name. She is pretty and has a pretty singing voice.
Personality: Optimistic. Never let anything get you down! Immune to common status effects.
Mothering:
High Five (10 MP): Give a friend a high five to boost their confidence. Heal 50% of max HP.
Comforting Smile (15 MP): Show the party that everything will work out. Heal 25% of the party's HP.
Mental Clarity (5 MP): Focus your mind to purify your body. Heal common status effects to one ally.
Pep Talk (15 MP): Talk excitedly about life. Recover an unconscious ally to 25% health.

Jonathon Bear
Jonathon Bear lives in a forest with his animal friends. Jonathon Bear is filled with stuffing and can talk.
Personality: Supportive. You care about your friends more than anything. Doubles the effects of items.
Funducation:
High Five (10 MP): Give a friend a high five to boost their confidence. Heal 50% of max HP.
Sunshine (8 MP): Bathe your opponent in warm, dangerous UV rays. 150% magical damage; double damage to undead.
Natural Alarm (5 MP): An early riser has no empathy for those who sleep in. Wake all sleeping party members.
Energize (? MP): Convert your mana to usable energy. Give 50% of your current MP to an ally.

And of course Jimmy has a couple of new forms to play around with now:

Red-Billed Squawker
(Lv 05) Hyperactivity (5 MP): Use your God-given right to go nuts. Doubles Jimmy's agility and MP cost for one turn; instant.
(Lv 10) Natural Alarm (5 MP): An early riser has no empathy for those who sleep in. Wake all sleeping party members.
(Lv 15) Early Riser: Every day you get up at the crack of dawn to annoy your neighbors. Immune to sleep (other than self-inflicted).
(Lv 25) Flighty: Sometimes you don't know where you're going, but you'll get there fast! AGI +50%.
(Lv 40) Elaborate Dance (8 MP): The unpredictable movements make you a hard target. Dodge all attacks for one turn; one-turn cooldown.
(Lv 50) Annoying Squawk (0 MP): A loud shriek that's so annoying that the enemy can't think. Startle the target for one turn.

Instant skills take effect immediately after you select them and don't count as the party member's action for that turn.

Grumble Bear
(Lv 05) Afternoon Nap (8 MP): Battles are tough--how about a little break? Heal 100% of own HP but self-induce sleep.
(Lv 10) Rampage (10 MP): A physically taxing attack. 500% physical damage; self-inflicts stun.
(Lv 15) Fierce Growl (10 MP): A primal roar so loud it injures your opponents. 100% physical damage to all enemies.
(Lv 25) Sharp Claws: Great for cutting fruit. Terrible for picking up potato chips. ATK +50%.
(Lv 40) Head-on Collision (10 MP): Literally slam your head into the enemy. It hurts. 300% physical damage; takes 10% of your health.
(Lv 50) Juggernaut: Destroy the enemy regardless of the consequences. ATK +300%, MDF/DEF +50%, always attack in battle.

Bird form gives you +1 AGI for each level, and Bear form gives +1 ATK.

Blue Staff River and Fermata Forest Enemies
There's a good deal of overlap between these areas, as well as the water temple hidden in Blue Staff River.
Mid-Level Goon will bully you for 150% physical damage. When he smirks, he'll deal 200% physical to all party members the next turn. You can steal his Work Ethic to make him Sleep.
In order for a Low-Level Goon to graduate into a Mid-Level Goon, it's said that they have to spend at least 1,000 hours shaking people.

Hypnopottamus will play a lullaby every other turn to put a party member to Sleep.
There used to be a Hypnopottamus exhibit at the Legato Zoo, but it kept putting all the kids to sleep.

Bagspider can inflict Sick with a venomous bite.
A Bagspider's web is plaid. Since it's not very well-hidden, it doesn't catch many insects, so Bagspiders often have to hunt on the ground.

Bagspider Cocoon will take the place of Bagspiders in autumn and winter. After one turn, it will burst open and replace itself with one to three Bagspiders.
Bagspider Cocoons are equipped with tiny televisions so that the spider babies inside can watch cartoons while they grow.

Treeman will change form depending on the season. In spring, it can release spores and make your party Sick. In autumn, it starts the battle Sick and wastes turns coughing. You can steal its Health to make it cough more often. In winter, it will bite for 125% physical damage, but become weak to holy attacks.
In more arid regions, treemen have evolved to look more cactus-like, and they don't change with the seasons.

Metrognome will also change form based on the season. In spring, it will throw sparkle dust in your eyes to Startle you, and hum a tune to restore 25% of all enemies' HP. In summer, it will bully you for 150% physical damage, and chant to make all enemies Motivated. In autumn, it will spray mud on the party and make them Sticky (lowering their AGI), and raise a barrier to make enemies Guarded (raising their DEF/MDF). In winter, it will freeze the air to deal magical damage to you, and chant to charge up a blizzard, dealing 300% magical damage to all party members the turn after. It won't use its secondary abilities until it gets below 95% health. You can steal 150 dollars from it in spring, and a Barbell in summer.
In their youth, it's not uncommon for Metrognomes to be mistaken for leprechauns. They don't have a pot of gold, but I hear they've got a few bucks set aside for a rainy day.

Bosses
In Blue Staff River, the Petty Thugs will use the same attacks they used in The Wilting Lands, with a few tweaks. DeeDee can now slam into a party member, dealing 250% physical damage at the cost of skipping her next turn, or kick your whole party, damaging and Startling them. Big Enormous can now play a sad song to Unmotivate your party. Johnny Knives can make you Sick with a poisoned dagger; if he cackles for two turns, he'll slash hard three times for 200% physical damage each. If Punch Tanaka scratches his head and looks confident somehow, he'll either use a magnificent combo or counter the next turn.

Grumble Bear has three phases for each third of its health bar. In the first phase, it can roar to damage the entire party physically, or rampage twice for 150% damage each, at the cost of skipping its next turn. In the second phase, it can bite for 125% damage; its roar will inflict Unguarded and its rampage will hit three times. In the third phase, it can slam you for 150% physical damage; its roar will inflict Unmotivated as well as Unguarded and its rampage will hit four times.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Gym Set (???)
-Barbell (+2 DEF): For that bulked-up summer body. Steal from summer Metrognome in Fermata Forest.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Musical Set (???)
-Speaker Cabinet (+3 MDF): Loudens quiet sounds. Found in Fermata Forest.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Solitair fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

So what Ebeezil does is every five turns, he'll put everyone in the battle to sleep, including himself. Not only can he still act when he's asleep, but his attacks get very sicknasty. When I fought Ebeezil, I hadn't prepared as well as I could have, and could only choose between waking the party and waking him. I don't think he can actually instakill your sleeping party members when he's asleep himself, though, so I chose to wake the party.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 6, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

He says that he'll end the world when he falls asleep and he isn't kidding. You're not supposed to keep him asleep, but then you run the risk of him instakilling your party. That's where the Caffeinated Inhaler comes in handy: put it on Jimmy, keep him in sunflower form, and he and Helga can awaken or revive the other party members.

For first time players I just recommend skipping it and coming back much later.

Yeah, I admit that I probably got lucky in my fight against him, that I could get the party up and running after he just blasted me. I wouldn't recommend waiting that long to beat him, though, since the Immunize manual came in very handy not far in the future.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

There are literally over a thousand noir movies in existence.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Let's Talk About Manuals
Manuals are a way the game allows you to customize party members who don't have Imagination abilities. Everybody beside Jimmy can equip two of them; some are exclusive to certain characters, while others are more generalized. Right now GP has access to about five, IIRC:

First Aid: Can help save lives. Heal 25% of max HP; cures sick. Bought from Ms. Robin in Smile or The Wilted Lands
Crush: Instead of using skill, just whack the enemy hard. 200% physical damage; one-turn cooldown. Bought from Ms. Robin in Legato.
Black Spiral: A technique for amateur warlocks. 250% magical damage; one-turn cooldown. Bought from Ms. Robin in Mute Notes or Blood Marsh.
Master Criminal: A secret thief technique stolen from a secret thief. High steal rate; once per battle. Found in Ebeezil's Domain.
Immunize: Bacteria is the real enemy here. Protects the party against common status effects for three turns; Jonathon only. Found in Ebeezil's Domain.

Ebeezil's Domain enemies
Sleeping Demon always starts the battle asleep. On its first turn after waking up, it will rampage for three 150% physical hits. Afterward, it will either attack or counter all physical attacks against it that turn.
Sleeping Demons sleep for twenty-two hours a day. They spend most of the remaining two hours hunting for a quick meal.

Sleepwalker will either attack or space out under normal circumstances. If anyone in your party is asleep at the start of the round, it will enter the dreams of anyone still asleep on its turn and kill them.
Sleepwalkers wander the halls of Ebeezil's castle, never fully falling asleep, but in a constant state of lucid daydreaming.

Ice Flower will puff sleeping gas at a party member, causing them to Sleep. If it spends a turn inhaling, it will breathe Sleep gas on the whole party.
Ice Flowers are able to thrive in arctic conditions by having a root system so deep that they're warmed by geothermal energy.

Blood Marsh enemies
Bog Lurker will disappear underwater, making itself immune to physical attacks for one turn. The turn after, it will emerge and strike one party member, dealing 200% physical and inflicting Afraid, which makes you skip one or two turns. It is weak against holy attacks.
Bog Lurkers, contrary to their name, also lurk in forested areas and your bath tub when the shower curtain is drawn.

Bumba can bite for 125% physical damage or vomit Sick onto you. It is weak against holy attacks.
Bumba has to eat at least eight meals a day in order to continuously vomit slime.

Swamp Gas will pass through a party member and make them shiver, inflicting Afraid. They are resistant to physical attacks and weak against holy ones.
Swamp Gas can concentrate itself into a dense ball when it wants to interact physically with the world, such as when it eats nachos, its favorite food.

Scriff Tribesman can attack you either physically or magically with a torch. If they chuckle, they'll attack the whole party with fire. When under 35% HP, they sometimes run away, giving no money or experience. You can steal Big Cheese from them.
Some Scriff Tribesmen leave Scriff Village as a rite of passage. Many don't return simply because they have poor senses of direction.

Necromancer can attack either physically or with fire, and revive dead enemies at 50% of their max HP.
Necromancers are more intelligent than normal Scriff Tribesmen, but they're still remarkably less intelligent than your average tiny, little mouse.

The rarely encountered Skeleton Fop is immune to all damage, and will run from you on its second turn. They have four weird bones to steal; three of them will result in it taunting and running away from you, and the fourth will kill it, rewarding you with $1000, more than you can get from any other fight at this point in the game. The correct bone is random, and you only get one shot. Good luck.
The Skeleton Fop considers himself skeleton royalty, but in reality he's just a skeleton that found his way into an old clothes chest and went to town.

Bosses
Ebeezil can hit you with his scythe, inflicting Withering, hit the entire party for 150% physical damage, or put a party member to Sleep with a lullaby. If he chants, he'll hit the whole party with a blizzard the next turn, dealing 300% magical damage. If any party members are asleep at the start of the round, he will enter their dreams and kill them, though this will only waste his turn if they're woken up before he can act. Every five turns, he will make everybody Sleep, including himself. When asleep, his actions change; he can either inflict Sick and Immunodeficiency on all party members, take 50% of everybody's max MP, or deal 400% magical damage to the party.

Mutt will inflict an incurable Miasma on the party as the fight progresses; each turn, they will lose 5% of their max HP for every 20% of Mutt's health they've eliminated. It can bite for 125% physical or roar to inflict Afraid and 50% physical on the entire party. If it growls, it will either scratch to inflict Sick and physical damage on the whole party, or rampage for four 150% physical hits the next turn.

Rotting Jack O'Lantern can attack one party member with magical fire or hit the whole party for 50% magical. If it chuckles, it will douse the party in flame for 150% magical. At 70% HP, it will apply a +50% ATK/MAT boost to itself and refresh said boost every three turns.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Kiddy Set (+5 AGI)
-Alphablocks (+1 AGI): Makes spelling fun! Buy from Ms. Robin in Legato.
-Stuffed Hippo (+1 MAT): Extra big for cuddling. Buy from Ms. Robin in Legato.
-Toy Box (+1 LUK): Unfortunately, this one is empty. Buy from Ms. Robin in Mute Notes.
-Rocking Horse (+1 DEF): Technically no horse power. Buy from Ms. Robin in Mute Notes.

Futuristic Set (???)
-Mainframe (+1 MAT): Capable of serious computing. Buy from Ms. Robin in Blood Marsh.
-Quince-3 (+1 DEF): Your very own robotic butler. Buy from Ms. Robin in Blood Marsh.
-???
-???

Weird Set (???)
-Big Cheese (+2 MAT): Nice, stinky, swamp cheese. Steal from Scriff Tribesman in Blood Marsh.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Musical Set (???)
-Guitar (+3 ATK): Magic strings prevent this from going out of tune. Found in Ebeezil's Domain.
-???
-???
-???

Spooky Set (???)
-Screaming Face (+3 MAT): The constant screaming is more annoying than scary. Found in the Abyss beneath Blood Marsh.
-Slaughter Table (+3 AGI): Not perfect for any dinner at all. Found in Blood Marsh.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Solitair fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Breadmaster posted:

I get the impression this area is likely a result of Buck letting Jimmy watch horror movies a moody teenager would enjoy that were definitely not appropriate for an eight-year-old.

Yeah, there's an interesting distinction to be made between the nightmare areas and this new, horror-themed continent.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I honestly feel sorry for GRRM at this point. I want to write speculative fiction novels too, but what happend with ASOIAF makes me scared to do a story I can't wrap up in a single book.

Also, finally beating Turnbuckle at level 20 was one of my proudest achievements playing this game, or at least it was before I saw that, for all his claims about being overleveled, GP appears to have beaten him at a lower level than me and with less difficulty. What the gently caress. Anyway, I used Immunize when the Gift Boxes showed up, guarded when they were set to open, then wailed on Turnbuckle when he was by himself.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 17, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

where my nuggies at ghost

where my nuggies at

Seriously though, I'm really reluctant to send food back because I've heard too many stories of customers being absolute shitheads to people working in retail and I don't want to ruin anyone's day.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 20, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Whispering Valley and Turnbuckle's Mansion Enemies
Bramble Bush will sometimes just watch you without attacking. You can steal its brambles to turn it into a Scriff Tribesman.
Scriff Tribesmen think they're clever hiding in Bramble Bushes, but they get scratched up pretty bad from all of the brambles.

Cavalry can bite you for 125% physical damage. If it trots in place, it will rampage next turn, dealing 150% physical damage three times.
Before working for Turnbuckle, Cavalry were placed outside of the toybox in order to guard the better toys.

Jack-in-a-crate takes half damage from all attacks in its base form, and will use its first turn choosing its form for the rest of the battle. As a ghoul, it can deal physical damage to one or all party members. As a jester, it can deal magical damage with fire or ice. If it starts chanting, it will hit the entire party with fire, dealing 150% magical damage. If it flexes as a strongman, it will slam into a party member, dealing 250% physical damage.
One time, a Jack-in-a-Crate had to sit by a road for three weeks before it could hop out and surprise a passerby.
(I can't currently find a sprite of the jester form. Maybe later.)

Pollyanna can attack with weird mind powers, inflicting Startled. If her head turns around 360 degrees, she will use Mind Control on a party member, making them randomly attack the party for three turns. Startling her will break the effect early. You can steal Dolly from her. She will only appear in the segment where you break through the barricade, and for a limited window in Turnbuckle's Mansion, between finding the doll to play hide and seek and stitching it back up, the only time in the Mansion where you fight random encounters. This makes her Dolly the closest thing to an item you can miss forever; if you don't get it now, you won't get another chance for a while.
Pollyanna sometimes use their telekenetic powers to make hairbrushes comb through their hair. When they close their eyes, it almost feels like a little girl is brushing their hair.

Gift Box takes half damage from all attacks. It will throb on its first turn and open on the second, sacrificing itself to either bomb everyone and deal magical damage to the party, hit one party member with a boxing glove for 300% physical damage, gas everyone and inflict Sick and Immunodeficiency, or release ghosts to make everyone Afraid.
Gift Boxes are freely given between the toys of Turnbuckle's mansion. They provide cruel tricks to outsiders, but, if they're presented to a friend, they can contain thoughtful gifts.

Bosses
Turnbuckle starts his fight with two Gift Boxes, and can either counter physical attacks or reflect magical attacks if any remain on the field. The Gift Boxes will detonate on their second turn, and after a few turns he will revive them and start their cycle over. On his own, he can attack physically or with mind powers, inflicting magical damage and Startled. If his eyes glow, he'll use mind powers on the whole party the next turn.

50's Style Vampire can suck blood to leech physical damage from all party members. If he grouses about today's sexy vampires, he'll attack a party member with dark magic and deal 400% magical damage. Halfway through the fight, he'll turn Ethereal, gaining 75% physical resistance and changing his moveset. While Ethereal, he can attack the whole party with magical darkness, and leech from the whole party at the cost of losing Ethereal. If he cackles while Ethereal, he will either attack with 400% magical or reflect all magic the following turn.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Futuristic Set (+5 MAT)
-Mainframe (+1 MAT): Capable of serious computing. Buy from Ms. Robin in Blood Marsh.
-Quince-3 (+1 DEF): Your very own robotic butler. Buy from Ms. Robin in Blood Marsh.
-Hologram (+1 MDF): Creates an image in 3-D space. Buy from Ms. Robin in Ashby's.
-Containment Pod (+1 LUK): The ooze has been power washed out. Buy from Ms. Robin in Ashby's.

Girly Set (???)
-Dolly (+2 MAT): Sometimes its head turns to follow your movement. Steal from Dolly in Whispering Valley/Turnbuckle's Mansion.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Spooky Set (???)
-Screaming Face (+3 MAT): The constant screaming is more annoying than scary. Found in the Abyss beneath Blood Marsh.
-Jack O'Lantern (+3 MDF): Just like the one you carved for Halloween! Found in Turnbuckle's Mansion.
-Severed Hand (+3 LUK): Every time you look at it, it seems to move closer. Bought from ??? in Ashby's.
-Slaughter Table (+3 AGI): Not perfect for any dinner at all. Found in Blood Marsh.
-???
-???

Solitair fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

So this is the part of the game that tripped me up a bit. Up until now I was paying close attention to the color of the exclamation points you get before random encounters, and in most areas it would only take one or two levels to make them all green, so that's what I did, except in GAMM-E's ship for obvious reasons. Not so here; I gained four levels before I decided to fight Jonathon already, and then I sped through all the main events in Everchip with barely any resistance, and without seeing a red exclamation point.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do you ever get a way to revisit areas? Cause it looked like there was a path beyond Johnathan's boss room.

Yeah, there's one last toy box there and you can't get it for a bit. Jonathon could have let us have it if he really wanted to be our friend, but he kidnaps our real friend, Matt McMuscles, instead. What a jerk.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 24, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

:shrug: I think the next episode's events were pretty funny.

Anyway, here's more stuff:

Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest Enemies
At first, Jennifer Skunk will either giggle or release an odor, which has a 50% chance of making a party member sick. You can steal $15 from her. In the darkness, she'll either giggle, watch you, or release an odor, upping the chance of Sick to 100%. When corrupted, she'll either release her Sick odor or a party-wide Miasma, draining 5% of your max HP per turn. You can steal a Toilet from her.
In one episode of Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest, Jennifer Skunk learned a lesson about dental hygiene after she forgot to brush her teeth for a week and her breath was so bad it wilted Jonathon's flowers.

At first, Molly Raccoon will either giggle or attack you with a rubber band, dealing physical damage. You can steal either $15 or a Raccoon Bin from her. In the darkness, she'll either giggle, watch you, bite for 125% physical, or attack the whole party for 50% physical. When corrupted, she'll either bite for 125% physical or attack the whole party for 50% physical. If she growls, she'll rampage next turn, dealing 150% physical damage three times.
Molly Raccoon seems pretty high and mighty, but Jonathon has caught her eating out of a dumpster on more than one occasion.

Regardless of form, Thomas Porcupine will always counter any physical attacks against him. At first, he will not act, either giggling or apologizing for his prickly pins each turn. You can steal $10 from him. In the darkness, he will sometimes attack, but can also waste turns giggling or watching you. When corrupted, he can bite for 125% physical damage. If his head rotates 360 degrees, he will attack the whole party for 150% damage next turn.
In recent polling, Thomas Porcupine placed dead last out of the entire cast of Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest in likability.

At first, Hug Monkey will not damage you; he can either giggle or hug a party member, Grasping them for two turns. You can steal $20 from him. In the darkness, he can now watch you, but otherwise his actions are unchanged. When corrupted, he will use a physical attack and will also deal physical damage to anyone Grasped at the start of the turn.
One time, Hug Monkey hugged an electric eel and it shocked him. He was sad afterwards.

King's March (North) Enemies
Slime can cough up goo and make a party member Sick. You can steal a Pile of Goo from them.
Slimes are used for standard hero training in Everchip.

Ghoul can bite for 125% physical damage, or scratch to inflict physical damage and Sick.
Ghouls sometimes get in groups of four and start small dance troops.

Goblin will attack with greater power each turn as it gains confidence, dealing normal damage the first turn, 200% the second, and 300% the third. You can steal an Apple Clock from it.
When a Goblin is born, it instinctually hunts out its favorite fruit or vegetable, hollows out the inside, and wears it on its head.

Goblin Mage can deal magical damage with Fire 1. If it chants, it will hit a party member with Fire 2 the next turn, dealing 300% magical damage.
Goblin Mages have taught themselves to read from discarded magic tomes. Other Goblins want to learn, too, but the Goblin Mages keep the knowledge to themselves because they're jerks.

King's March (West) Enemies
This area has every enemy from King's March (North), in addition to the following:
If Mud Golem watches you, it will rampage next turn, dealing 150% damage twice. Each turn after that, it will rampage three times for 150% each, until you steal its flower or kill it. You can steal its flower to make it Frazzled and attack its allies.
Before they can come to life, Mud Golems need to be sprinkled with the tears of a lonely witch.

Goblin Cleric can cast Heal 1, healing the enemy party for 25% of their max HP. If it chants, it will cast Heal 3 the next turn, healing the enemy party for 75% of their max HP. You can steal a Watermelon Fridge from it.
Goblin Clerics act high and mighty, but their sermons are just an excuse to get people to close their eyes in prayer so they can play pranks on them, like tying their shoelaces together.

Goblin Thief can throw sparkle dust in a party member's eyes to Startle them. From the second turn onward, they can run from battle. You can steal $300 or a High-Heel Shoe from them.
For Goblins, a life of crime is easy. Goblin Thieves, though, are especially adept at their craft. A Goblin Thief once stole a pilot script for a sitcom, wrote herself into it, and placed it back before anyone noticed. She's now a world-wide superstar.

Castle Dragon Enemies
Mud Golem and Goblin Cleric can be found here, in addition to:
Virus can infect a party member with Immunodeficiency.
Viruses replicate inside of your body. They cause you to get weak and throw up. They are remorseless.

Naga can attack physically or deal magical damage with Ice 1. If she bats her eyelashes, Jimmy will become Afraid, and the next turn she will hit the entire party with Ice 2, dealing 200% magical damage. You can steal a Vanity Mirror from her.
Naga is only a monster for her day job. She's currently taking night courses to work on her nursing certification.

Goblin Knight can Motivate the enemy party with a battle cry. If it tenses its muscles, it will counter all physical attacks the next turn. You can steal Pineapple Drawers from it.
Despite there being Goblin Knights, you never see Goblin Squires. That's because Goblin Knights are just regular Goblins who found some armor.

Bosses
Jonathon Bear has two phases, switching them at 40% health. In the first phase, he can bite for 125% damage, roar to hit the party with 50% physical and Afraid, scratch to damage and inflict Sick on one party member, or Grasp a party member in his mouth, disabling them and dealing physical damage to them each turn. As always, Startle will end a Grasp early. If his skin writhes and twitches, he will either bite three times or rampage twice, each hitting for 150% physical. In his second phase, he can still Grasp party members, but his claw attack will hit the whole party, his rampage no longer requires prep time, and if his skin writhes and twitches he will instead cause a tremor to hit the party for 250% physical. You can steal Stitching from him to deal 1/6th of his health bar in damage.

The Dragon has two phases, transitioning at 60% health. In the first phase, she can attack with a scratch or Fire 1. If she bats her eyelashes, Jimmy will become Afraid, and she'll either cast Fire 2 for 300% magical damage to one party member, or else grin at you. If she grins, she'll cast Fire 3, hitting the party for 300% magical damage. In the second phase, she can bite for 125% physical, and can cast Fire 2 without setting it up, though she still needs setup for Fire 3. Her skills are the same in the optional rematch, though her HP is increased by 150% and the rest of her stats by 100%, and she starts the fight in Sleep mode.

FURNITURE UPDATE:
Medieval Set (+5 ATK)
-Sword in the Stone (+1 ATK): Can't pull this one out, can you, boy king? Buy from Ms. Robin in Kingland.
-Suit of Armor (+1 DEF): Too heavy to be practical. Buy from Ms. Robin in Kingland.
-Chess Piece (+1 LUK): Not actually worth playing; Dad doesn't hold back. Buy from Ms. Robin in Kingland.
-Hero Statue (+1 MAT): Statue of a great adventurer. Buy from Ms. Robin in Kingland.

Scaly Set (???)
-Snake Hatrack (+2 MAT): Perfect for various hats worn by various snakes. Steal from The Younger Mr. Asp in The Wilted Lands.
-Vanity Mirror (+2 LUK): A must-have for the self-absorbed. Steal from Naga in Castle Dragon.
-???
-???
-???

Girly Set (???)
-Dolly (+2 MAT): Sometimes its head turns to follow your movement. Steal from Dolly in Whispering Valley/Turnbuckle's Mansion.
-High-Heel Shoe (+2 ATK): Super fashionable, super expensive. Steal from Goblin Thief in west King's March.
-???
-???
-???

Gross Set (???)
-Pile of Goo (+2 MDF): Viscous slime of unknown origin. Steal from Slime in north King's March.
-Toilet (+2 LUK): Hasn't been cleaned since the '70s. Steal from nightmare Jennifer Skunk in Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest.
-???
-???
-???

Fruity Set (???)
-Apple Clock (+2 MAT): Daily alarm reminds you to eat an apple. Steal from Goblin in north King's March.
-Watermelon Fridge (+2 DEF): Big enough to fit several watermelons, actually. Steal from Goblin Cleric in west King's March.
-Pineapple Drawers (+2 ATK): A little too prickly; Smells tropical. Steal from Goblin Knight in Castle Dragon.
-???
-???

Fuzzy Set (???)
-Stuffed Skitter (+2 AGI): Made from synthetic materials. Steal from Skitter in Giant Garden.
-Raccoon Bin (+2 DEF): Digging through this is Molly's secret shame. Steal from normal Molly Raccoon in Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest.
-???
-???
-???

Pixel Set (???)
-Treasure Chest (+3 LUK): Filled with really blocky gold. Found in Castle Dragon's reflection.
-Throne (+3 DEF): Now you can play as a king! Found in Kingland.
-Tree (+3 MDF): From a scenic countryside to your playroom.
-???
-???
-???

Solitair fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Oh poo poo, I got namedropped! Now I have to update. Let's take a look at our two newest party members first:

Lars
Uncle Lars lives with us 'cause Grandma died. He plays video games with me and owns lots of toys.
Personality: Lazy. If you're not daydreaming, you're asleep. 5% HP regeneration every turn.
Slack Off:
Undulate (3 MP): Waver your gelatinous body temptingly. All enemies attack you for five turns.
Counter Stance (3 MP): Learned from an online ninja training course. Counter physical attacks for 300% physical damage.
Afternoon Nap (8 MP): Battles are tough--how about a little break? Heal 100% of own HP but self-induce sleep.
Metabolize (10 MP): Burn some excess calories for bonus energy. Gain 25% more HP regen; -5% MP per turn; instant.

Andrew
Andrew is my dad's name. Sometimes he says hard words I don't get.
Personality: Erudite. Most of your friends are books, and that's okay. 3% MP regeneration every turn.
Science:
Cryodynamics (10 MP): Cause a freezing chemical reaction. 200% magical damage.
Toxicosis (10 MP): Cause an acidic chemical reaction. 600% magical damage over six turns.
Focus (10 MP): Concentrate your mental powers for five turns. ATK/MAT +50%; lose 10% MP each turn; instant.
Analysis (40 MP): The next physical or magical hit will do triple damage; once per fight; removed by any damage.

Also forgot to talk about Jimmy's two latest forms:

Rotting Jack O'Lantern
(Lv 05) Ghost Fire (10 MP): Throw an otherworldly fireball. 200% magical damage.
(Lv 10) Combust (15 MP): Cause the enemies to mysteriously combust. 150% magical damage to all enemies.
(Lv 15) Matter Transfer (0 MP): Convert your physical body into energy. Heal 25% MP at the cost of 50% HP.
(Lv 25) Brainiac: Hey, NERD, why don't you put down that book? MAT +50%.
(Lv 40) Mana Burn (10 MP): Supercharge your magical powers for five turns. ATK/MAT +50%; lose 10% MP each turn; instant.
(Lv 50) Spectral Body: It's easy to stay this thin when everything I eat just passes through me. Immune to physical; can't be healed. Weak to holy.

50's Style Vampire
(Lv 05) Leech (5 MP): Suck the enemy's blood--gross! Drain health from the enemy for 100% physical damage.
(Lv 10) Energize (? MP): Convert your mana to usable energy. Give 50% of your current MP to an ally.
(Lv 15) Barrier (8 MP): Create a wall of dark energy around yourself. Reflect enemy magic for one turn.
(Lv 25) Tangible Aura: Shadows amass around you. MDF +50%.
(Lv 40) Black Fountain (20 MP): Tangible shadows erupt from the ground. 400% magical damage; two-turn cooldown.
(Lv 50) Dark Ritual: You're going to have a hard time explaining the blood offering to your parents. 10% MP regen per turn.

King's March (East and South) Enemies
The only enemies in Everchip that don't also appear here are Goblin and Slime, actually. They will all also appear in Dark Dungeon Floors 1-5.
Goblin Warlock can attack for physical damage or use fire for magical damage. If there are any dead enemies, it will summon them back with full HP. You can steal a Pumpkin TV from them.
Goblin Warlocks are the natural leaders of Goblin tribes. Their powers are passed on through regal bloodlines.

Temple of Sight Enemies
The following enemies will also appear in Dark Dungeon Floors 6-10.
Balanced Equation A can bore a party member to sleep, or bore the entire party to sleep with the help of its counterpart. Balanced Equation B can slam into your whole party for 50% physical damage, and calculate with its peers, allowing enemies to immediately use skills that would normally take a turn of preparation. The turn after calculating, it will rampage for three hits of 150% physical damage. If only one Balanced Equation is active at the end of a turn, it will revive the dead one with the survivor's current HP total.
Balanced Equations float through the atmosphere around Secret Meridian. On overcast days, it's not surprising to experience a number storm.
(yeah i know the sprites are outdated shut up)

Chatterbox can chomp you for 125% physical damage. If it winds up, it will bite four times next turn for 75% physical damage each. You can steal Abstract Art from it.
Chatterbox can talk simultaneously in the past, present, and future.

Landfish can flop around to deal 50% physical damage to the whole party.
Landfish can only walk in two directions. If a Landfish is facing you at the right angle, it just looks like a line.

Luna will shine with a strange light, Motivating enemies the first turn, making them Guarded the second, and making them Hyper the third, before starting over next turn. It will only attack if it's the last enemy standing.
Luna is only visible because of Sol's incessant shining.

Sol can slam into the party for 50% damage, or rampage for two hits of 150% damage. You can steal its Heat, forcing it to only make normal attacks.
Sol used to have a cigar-smoking habit, but it didn't last very long since every cigar disintegrated from Sol's intense heat.

Bosses
Hopeless Mook can either attack or apologize on his turn. If he builds courage, he will either hit Jimmy for 250% damage or trip and damage himself.

DeeDee's moveset changes completely in the Arena, aside from her basic attack. She can rampage for two 150% physical hits or go into a three-turn combo, hitting Jimmy with a palm strike, then Startling him with a leg sweep before hitting him for 400% physical with a guillotine. Both actions leave her tired, making her skip the turn after she finishes them. If she bats her eyelashes and looks disgusted, she will attack first the following turn, hitting for 250% physical damage.

Helga can either attack Jimmy or heal him for 25% of his max HP. If she's distracted by the audience, she might slap Jimmy for 300% the following turn. When she's below 50% HP, she might spend her turn smiling, after which she will heal herself for 35% of her own HP.

Punch Tanaka's Arena moveset only differs in that he will try to bluff Jimmy. If he stammers while telling Jimmy he'll use a magnificent combo or counter, he'll instead use the other ability. Halfway through the fight, he'll use the same tells without stammers, at which point he will use the ability he specifies.

Chancellor Puslating Mass has a huge list of moves that change depending on what form Jimmy was in at the end of the last round, with everything becoming available if Jimmy is in his basic form. Regardless of form, he will start using Mind Control a party member after dropping below 50% health, causing them to attack the rest of the party randomly for three turns, an action he repeats every four rounds. Startling the Chancellor will break the effect early.
-In response to Blob form, he can spray the party with spores to make them Sick or drill to inflict a set amount of damage regardless of your defense. If he chants, he will hit with fire three times for 200% magical damage each hit.
-In response to Goon form, he can use Fire 2 for 300% magical damage on one party member or Ice 2 for 200% magical damage on the whole party. If he grinds his teeth, he will hit the party with a 250% physical damage tremor the next turn.
-In response to Flower form, he can scratch the whole party, damaging them and inflicting Immunodeficiency, or rampage for three 150% physical hits. If he chants, he will cut the party's MP in half with Moxiesplit the next turn.
-In response to Bird form, he can use Ice 2 or rampage. If he throbs and twitches, he will strike first next turn with 250% physical damage.
-In response to Bear form, he can use Fire 2 or counter all physical attacks that turn. If he chants, he will cast Fire 3 on the party for 300% magical damage.
-In response to Pumpkin form, he can rampage or reflect all magical attacks that turn. If he grinds his teeth, he'll use the tremor move.
-In response to Vampire form, he can rampage or leech 100% physical damage from the whole party. If he throbs and twitches, he'll claw the whole party and inflict Withering.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Funky Set (???)
-Beanbag Chair (+1 DEF): Long-term use may cause spinal misalignment. Buy from Ms. Robin in Sacred Lantern.
-Lava Lamp (+1 ATK): Possibly powered by magic. Buy from Ms. Robin in Sacred Lantern.
-???
-???

Creepy Set (???)
-Pumpkin TV (+2 MAT): Only shows footage of screeching ghouls. Steal from Goblin Warlock in east and south King's March.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Weird Set (???)
-Big Cheese (+2 MAT): Nice, stinky, swamp cheese. Steal from Scriff Tribesman in Blood Marsh.
-Abstract Art (+2 MDF): Looks like...something. What do you think? Steal from Chatterbox in Temple of Sight.
-???
-???
-???

Spooky Set (???)
-Jack O'Lantern (+3 MDF): Just like the one you carved for Halloween! Found in Turnbuckle's Mansion.
-Severed Hand (+3 LUK): Every time you look at it, it seems to move closer. Bought from ??? in Ashby's.
-Iron Maiden (+3 DEF): Locked up tight. Something scratches the inner walls. Found in Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest, after clearing it once.
-???

Pixel Set (???)
-Treasure Chest (+3 LUK): Filled with really blocky gold. Found in Castle Dragon's reflection.
-Tree (+3 MDF): From a scenic countryside to your playroom. Found in west King's March.
-Fountain (+3 AGI): The water's a little scratchy going down. Found in east King's March.
-???
-???

Geometric Set (???)
-Happiness Sphere (+3 LUK): Constantly says, "You will be happy." Found in Temple of Sight.
-???
-???
-???
-???
-???

Mystical Set (???)
-Easter Island Statue (+3 DEF): Mainly just scowls at everyone. Found on Dark Dungeon Floors 6-10.
-???
-???
-???
-???
-???

Solitair fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 10, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament arc is the poo poo. :colbert:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I remember liking Rugrats the best when I watched Nickelodeon as a kid, but then it got dropped from our cable and I had to pivot to Cartoon Network instead, which I ended up liking more overall.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Path of Enlightenment Enemies
In addition to the enemies from the Temple of Sight, we get:
Onefish is immune to physical attacks and will counter any directed its way. If it sharpens its edges, it will rampage for three 150% physical hits.
A school of Onefish is called an Algebra.

Twofish is immunte to magical attacks and will reflect any directed its way. If it sharpens its edges, it will freeze the air around your party, dealing 150% magical damage three times.
When you run into a couple of Twofish, you could say that you have two Twofish, or you could just call it a Fourfish if that's too confusing.

Burton uses Andrew's Cryodynamics and Toxicosis attacks against you. If he calculates with his peers, other enemies will immediately use attacks that normally take a turn of prep time, and he'll also use Cryodynamics on all party members the following turn.
Burton actually isn't a human being; he's a circle that gained sentience.

Symmetrical Cavern Enemies
Triangle, Square, Pentagon and Hexagon all function on the same basic principle. If they sharpen their edges, they will attack once for each of their sides the next turn. You can steal an Edge from them, which will kill Triangles and downgrade more advanced polygons one step. Each one has a slight stat increase from its smaller form, though the jump from Pentagon to Hexagon is much more extreme. As such, though Triangles, Squares and Pentagons are found elsewhere throughout your first visit to Secret Meridian, the Hexagon is only found in the Symmetrical Cavern for now.
Squares, Triangles, and the other geometric shapes are all the same type of monster. It just grows more sides as it matures.

Grimclaw's Nest Enemies
Cackle can fly, becoming immune to physical attacks, and changing its normal attack to a magical fire breath.
Cackles like to feed off the rotting flesh of cadavers. When there aren't any available, they have no problem seeking out live prey.

Hindenburg will sometimes watch you and waste its turn. If damaged, it will explode, dealing its current HP as magical damage to one party member. You can steal Pressurized Gas from it, removing its ability to explode.
Hindenburgs float around mountainous regions. They tend to explode near mountain climbers in order to frighten them into falling.

Pud can tear off its skin while laughing, sacrificing 10% of its own HP for a 50% chance to make each party member Afraid. If it watches you, it will rampage for three 150% physical hits next turn.
Pud spends all day going up and down the mountain. He enjoys acting as a guide, only to lead visitors into ravines that are impossible to climb out of.

Skreet can bite a party member's neck, dealing physical damage and healing itself for that amount, and can also fly, becoming immune to physical attacks. While flying, it can use sonar to give a party member a Weakpoint, which triples the damage they take from the next attack to hit them, and dive-leech a party member, leeching 300% physical damage at the cost of losing flight. You can steal a Bat Chair from it.
A swarm of Skreets looks like an ominous black cloud. Ancient cultures thought the cloud was a great demon's breath.

Throbbing Feathers can yammer to Startle a party member. If it throbs, it might attack a party member with a magical gust of wind the next turn.
Throbbing Feathers molts constantly, but there always seem to be more feathers underneath.

Legs of the Ancient Giant Enemies
The enemies here also appear in Dark Dungeon, Floors 11-15. In addition to Onefish, Twofish, Triangle, Square and Pentagon, we also find:
Concentric Burtons functions much like a regular Burton, but with two shields that will absorb one hit each before fading away.
Concentric Burtons are emitting waves of radiation from a failed experiment.

Bosses
In the arena, Coltrane has the same attacks as his impostor, as well as a few new ones. If he tenses his muscles, he will counter all physical attacks that turn. After one turn of tensing, he can attack all party members. After two turns of muscle tensing, he can deal 300% physical damage to all party members. At 50% HP, he'll activate his mind's eye, increasing ATK, MAT and AGI by 50% for the rest of the battle.

Grimclaw will alternate between two phases. In the first phase, the party is on its back, and must kill three Nerve Worms in four turns, or else everybody dies. Grimclaw cannot attack you in this phase. The Nerve Worms can bite for 150% physical damage, but will more often inject venom, dealing physical damage and inflicting either Sick, Withering or Immunodeficiency. Every turn they will leech health from Grimclaw, and when one dies, any surviving ones will double their damage until they die too. In the second phase, Grimclaw will be too distant to attack with physical attacks. It can breathe fire, dealing magical damage to one party member, slam into the party for 250% physical damage, or screech, damaging and Startling the party. If it twists in agony and barrels toward you, it will deal 600% magical damage to the entire party next turn.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Funky Set (+5 LUK)
-Beanbag Chair (+1 DEF): Long-term use may cause spinal misalignment. Buy from Ms. Robin in Sacred Lantern.
-Lava Lamp (+1 ATK): Possibly powered by magic. Buy from Ms. Robin in Sacred Lantern.
-Peace Sign (+1 MDF): Meant to lay forgotten in your yard. Buy from Ms. Robin in Calm Valley.
-Hot Tub (+1 LUK): Smells like cigarette smoke. Buy from Ms. Robin in Calm Valley.

Creepy Set (???)
-Pumpkin TV (+2 MAT): Only shows footage of screeching ghouls. Steal from Goblin Warlock in east and south King's March.
-Bat Chair (+2 AGI): Capable of flight and echolocation. Steal from Skreet in Grimclaw's Nest.
-???
-???
-???

Floral Set (???)
-Rose Table (+3 ATK): Perfect for a dinner of soil, water and sunshine. Found in the Beehive.
-Happy Little End Table (+3 MAT): Won't stop laughing. Found in Giant Garden.
-Floral Vase (+3 AGI): Now you have one of your own! Found in Grimclaw's Nest.
-???
-???
-???

Pixel Set (???)
-Tree (+3 MDF): From a scenic countryside to your playroom. Found in west King's March.
-Fountain (+3 AGI): The water's a little scratchy going down. Found in east King's March.
-King (+3 MAT): He seems kind of lost... Reward for beating Coltrane in the Arena.
-???

Geometric Set (???)
-Cube (+3 DEF): What does it do? Why is it here? Found in Symmetrical Cavern.
-Happiness Sphere (+3 LUK): Constantly says, "You will be happy." Found in Temple of Sight.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Solitair fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 16, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Seconding salted caramel and cookie dough.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I saw GP set up his recording bot and mistook it for an invitation to join his chat channel. Whoops!

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Waaaait, was that even the real Lowtax?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GrandmaParty posted:

I do a mixture of the wiki and Kamigeno/VoiceofDog's LPs.

When you grift from the bookworms, they'll give you knowledge about the enemies. I suspect Solitair is just wrenching open the RPGmaker files and sharing them with us, which is great.

Nah, I'm also getting those off the wiki. Someone else did the hard work for me.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

The World's Library Enemies
In addition to the following enemies, you will also find Concentric Burtons, Balanced Equations, and members of the Polygon family.
Bookworm's attacks will change depending on what section of the library you fight her in. You can steal Knowledge from her, which prompts her to tell you about a random enemy in the game, though she won't talk about enemies after the World's Library until after you beat the final boss.
-If she reads in any section, she can spend the next turn dealing 300% magical damage to all party members with frozen air.
-In the self-help section, her attack deals 100% physical damage, multiplied by the number of rounds in the battle so far. If she reads here, she can deal that much damage to the entire party the following turn.
-In the history section, she can bite for 125% damage, and if she reads, she can rampage for three 150% damage hits the next turn.
-In the pop fiction section, she can leech physical damage from a party member, and if she reads, she can leech from the whole party.
-In the classics section, she can sip her tea and do nothing, and if she reads, she can deal 100% damage times the number of tea sips she's taken to two party members the next turn.
-If she reads in the periodicals section, she will slash the party for 150% physical damage the next turn.
-If she reads in the biography section, she will run from battle the next turn.
Oh, you want to learn about me? I'm flattered! Well, Bookworms know lots of stuff, especially about other monsters.
Before beating the game: We can only share knowledge over some monsters now, but if you visit us later, maybe after you've beaten The Pulsating Mass, we can tell you about every non-boss monster in the world.
After beating the game: Actually, we're able to tell you about 183 separate monsters. If you're curious about all of them, maybe you're better off comparing notes with friends or something.

Boring Lecture can talk to a party member and make them Sleep. Every other turn it will slam into the party for 50% damage. If another enemy calculates with it, its talking will put the whole party to Sleep.
Living with Boring Lectures is the absolute worst. They keep talking about God-knows-what; if you give them the time of day, you'll nod off in seconds. One time I was on a ladder restocking a Boring Lecture on the top shelf; it started mumbling something, and the next thing I know I'm waking up on the floor with a concussion. Now I wear earplugs most of the time.

Variable Fish changes its attacks and immunities depending on its color, which alternates every round. If red, it will be immune to and counter all physical attacks, and if blue, it will reflect all magical attacks. It will attack with the type of damage it's immune to, and if it sharpens its edges, it will attack for 150% of that damage three times the next turn.
Variable Fish have a volatile cellular structure that causes them to eventually disperse into molecules.

Wubbly can only use a basic attack, but that attack's strength is multiplied by the number of rounds that the battle has gone on so far. You can steal a Rainbow from it. It is only found in the self-help section and you must survive a battle with it for eight turns before that section's hidden door will open.
No one knows where Wubbly came from or what he is, but he appears to exclusively eat rainbows.

Fossil Record can roar, dealing physical damage to all party members with a 25% chance of inflicting Afraid. If it does, it will rampage the next turn, hitting twice for 150% physical damage each time. You can steal a Fossil from it. It is only found in the history section.
Fossil Record is so angry because it was just woken up from a 70 million year nap.

Romancipires can leech health from a party member. Every three turns, they will turn up the charisma and Mind Control a party member. As always, Startle will break this. You can steal a Coffin from them. They are only found in the pop fiction section.
If a human being falls in love with a Romancipire, their story could be the grounds for a best-selling series of novels.

Mr. Darcy will either sip his tea, watch you with disdain, or just watch you each turn. You can steal his Tea; if you do, he will go on a tea-soaked rampage every subsequent turn, dealing 100% physical damage multiplied by every tea sip he took this battle twice. He is only found in the classics section.
Mr. Darcy's unquenchable thirst for tea can't be understated. It's probably for the best that you never witness him when he's out of tea.

If Fifth Street Creeper chuckles, it will attack a party member for 9999 damage next turn, killing them. If another enemy calculates with it, it will slash the party for 150% damage the next turn. It is only found in the periodicals section.
The Fifth Street Creeper's biggest foe is the slow death of print journalism.

Sneaky Lincoln will run away the first chance he gets. You can either steal $1000 or an Artifact from him. He is only found in the biography section; you will need his Artifact to open that section's hidden door.
Sneaky Lincoln actually isn't Abraham Lincoln at all. Abraham Lincoln was a pretty cool dude. Sneaky Lincoln, though... There's just something about that guy I don't trust.

Bonita Vista Enemy
Every battle with at least one Beach Babe makes Jimmy Afraid for the first two rounds. The one with a volleyball will either attack or shield her eyes from the sun. The one with the frisbee will toss it at a party member and run to get it the next turn. If the one on a surfboard rips a gnarly wave, she will either shred into a party member and deal 400% physical damage to them or wipe out and deal 400% physical damage to herself the next turn. The one with the hula hoop will spin it and deal 200% damage twice each turn. You can steal a Beach Ball from the last one.
There are lots of Beach Babes. Maybe you would learn more about them if you took the time to talk to them.

Shinryu Fish Concern Enemies
These enemies will also appear on Dark Dungeon Floors 16-20.
Mr. Fish Head can flop around to deal 50% physical damage to the whole party or hock sick onto a party member. If they space out, they will either flop around, chomp for 125% physical damage, or deal damage and Sick to one party member.
A Mr. Fish Head wandered in from the beach one day, and Shinryu Fish Concern loved him so much they turned him into a mascot. He must have told his friends, though, 'cause they just keep coming.

Gracious Employee can sharpen his knife to get Motivated. If there's a Mr. Fish Head alive at the end of the turn, he will sacrifice it to give himself a permanent 150% stat boost. If he gets serious, he will attack for 150% damage four times the next turn. You can steal Fish Heads from him.
Gracious Employees aren't entitled to health insurance. If they want it so bad, they can pay for it with a second job.

Fish Bucket will spawn a Mr. Fish Head at the end of each of the first three rounds, transforming into a Bonus Catch on the fourth.
Shinryu Fish Concern processes 25,000 fish buckets a day! You can learn about that and many other Shinryu Fish Concern fun facts by taking the tour.

Bonus Catch can attack four times each turn, focus all tentacles on one enemy to deal 300% damage, or run from battle.
Whenever a Shinryu Fish Concern employee gets a Bonus Catch, they're allowed to eat it as long as they don't microwave it in the break room.

Vendotron can rampage for two 150% hits or enable anti-theft protocol. This protocol causes anyone who steals from it to become Grasped. You can steal Xtreme Thunder (Motivating the party), Snack-O's (healing 50% of the party's HP), Big Bag of Sugar (healing 10% of the party's HP), or Punch Punch (Angering the party) from it.
Vendotrons were designed by a mad snacking enthusiast.

Land of Fish Enemies
You can find Mr. Fish Head and Rad Ghost here, in addition to:
Lucky Neko will either counter physical attacks or reflect magical attacks each turn, and run away after three turns. If defeated, it will give you a guaranteed Marvelous Coin. You can steal another one from it, as well as a Maneki-Neko.
Lucky Neko treasures its coin more than anything. Too bad its coin is worthless.

Unlucky Neko will either watch you on its turn, or disembowel and kill a party member. You can steal a Cat Clock from it.
Unlucky Nekos crawl in hidden places. Sometimes they devour house cats and take on their forms. Even their owners can't tell the difference, but they do feel a chill sometimes when looking into the cat's blank, silent gaze.

Super Rad Ghost will groove to a beat on its first turn, dodging everything that turn. It can also tire the party out and give them Ennui, or else run from battle. It is weak to holy and very resistant to physical attacks. If defeated, it will give 10,000 experience points, as much as many end-game bosses.
In order for a Rad Ghost to turn into a Super Rad Ghost, he really just needs a skateboard.

Bosses
The Lingering Eyes will alternate between open and closed each time they take damage. At the end of the turn, they will watch you if both are open, Mind Control a random party member if one is closed, or kill a random party member if both are closed. They can attack, glare to deal 50% physical damage and Startle, and freeze a party member to deal magical damage. If one glints with excitement, they will do one of the following next turn: rampage for three hits of 150% physical damage, release a force to deal 150% magical damage to the party, or shoot a scary look to deal 50% physical damage with a 50% chance of Afraid. If one Lingering Eye goes down, the other will eventually revive it at the surviving Eye's current health level.

The undead Beach Babe can cry, thicken the water to magically damage the party and inflict Sticky, or grab you with an icy hand, damaging a party member and inflicting Afraid. She can also pull a party member underwater, inflicting Drowning, which will kill them in two turns. If she rises above the water, Jimmy will become Afraid, and the entire party will start Drowning the following turn. Startling her will cure Drowning without killing anyone.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Space Set (+5 MDF)
-Moon (+1 ATK): Made of special bouncy polymer blend, not cheese. Buy from Ms. Robin in Bonita Vista.
-Space Ship (+1 AGI): Now you just need some jet fuel... Buy from Ms. Robin in Bonita Vista.
-Astronaut (+1 MAT): Not very talkative for some reason. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.
-Satellite (+1 MDF): Maybe it's broadcasting Jonathon Bear's show. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.

High-End Set (+3 to all stats)
-Classy Table (+1 ATK): Perfect for a classy diner. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.
-Classy Painting (+1 AGI): Makes you feel contemplative. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.
-Classy Vase (+1 MDF): This will brighten up the living room. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.
-Classy Lamp (+1 LUK): It's not THAT classy... Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.

Scaly Set (???)
-Vanity Mirror (+2 LUK): A must-have for the self-absorbed. Steal from Naga in Castle Dragon.
-Colorful Lamp (+2 MDF): Careful to not cut yourself on the right angles. Steal from Variable Fish in The World's Library.
-???
-???

Girly Set (???)
-Beach Ball (+2 LUK): C-could you g-get this one, Punch? Steal from the Beach Babe with the hula hoop in Bonita Vista.
-High-Heel Shoe (+2 ATK): Super fashionable, super expensive. Steal from Goblin Thief in west King's March.
-???
-???

Gross Set (???)
-Pile of Goo (+2 MDF): Viscous slime of unknown origin. Steal from Slime in north King's March.
-Fish Heads (+2 AGI): Dad says some people eat these. Steal from Gracious Employee in Shinryu Fish Concern.
-Toilet (+2 LUK): Hasn't been cleaned since the '70s. Steal from nightmare Jennifer Skunk in Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest.
-???
-???

Creepy Set (???)
-Coffin (+2 DEF): Smells like WAY too much perfume. Steal from Romancipires in the romance section of The World's Library.
-Bat Chair (+2 AGI): Capable of flight and echolocation. Steal from Skreet in Grimclaw's Nest.
-???
-???

Fuzzy Set (???)
-Maneki-Neko (+2 LUK): Provides wealth to your home or business. Steal from Lucky Neko in the Land of Fish.
-Cat Clock (+2 MAT): All hands point to death. Steal from Unlucky Neko in the Land of Fish.
-Raccoon Bin (+2 DEF): Digging through this is Molly's secret shame. Steal from normal Molly Raccoon in Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest.
-???

Weird Set (???)
-Rainbow (+2 LUK): Wait, where has this been... Steal from Wubbly in the self-help section of The World's Library.
-Fossil (+2 DEF): These skeletons use to be everywhere? Scary! Steal from Fossil Record in the history section of The World's Library.
-Abstract Art (+2 MDF): Looks like...something. What do you think? Steal from Chatterbox in Temple of Sight.
-???

Musical Set (???)
-Harp (+3 MAT): Unlike Harply, this just sits there. Found in Harply's house in Legato, without Helga in your party.
-Guitar (+3 ATK): Magic strings prevent this from going out of tune. Found in Ebeezil's Domain.
-???
-???

Geometric Set (???)
-Cube (+3 DEF): What does it do? Why is it here? Found in Symmetrical Cavern.
-Pyramid (+3 MAT): Complete with a tiny pharaoh inside. Found in The World's Library, through the Sneaky Lincoln door.
-???
-???
-???

Modern Set (???)
-Elegant Ice Swan (+3 DEF): Somehow doesn't melt. Buy from the Shinryu furniture store.
-Sculpture (+3 LUK): Don't look at the price tag... Found in the Land of Fish.
-Plasma Television (+3 MAT): You can't change the channel. Where's the remote? Buy from the Shinryu arcade.
-???
-???
-???

Mystical Set (???)
-Easter Island Statue (+3 DEF): Mainly just scowls at everyone. Found on Dark Dungeon Floors 6-10.
-Voodoo Mask (+3 MAT): Whispered Curses can be heard around it. Found on Dark Dungeon Floors 16-20.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Other
-Slab of Beef (+4 ATK): Unsanitary! Found in Slither's Burrow.
-Bookshelf (+4 MAT): Filled with lengthy books that are hard to read. Found in The World's Library.
-Dice (+4 LUK): Giant novelty dice used for giant novelty yahtzee. Buy from the Shinryu arcade.
-Bronze Jimmy (Counts toward completion of every common set): It's you... only bronze! Talk to sobbing girl after defeating the undead Beach Babe.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 17, 2019

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This isn't my favorite section, but I love the bitter irony of Lars getting bullied by kids half his age, to the point that they make fun of him for having a beard.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Both of these bosses were pains in my rear end, especially the Golden King. Fun fact: Helga's presence in the party means you can't open the chests in Martin's room, but if the chest with the black vortex is already open, you can take Helga into the Halls of Greed with you. That's what I ended up having to do; not having gotten the crayons or the Pumpkin skills Grandma got, I tried multiple times to beat the Golden King on the hardest difficulty with Andrew and then Hitomi in my party, but ultimately I needed two people to cast party-wide heals in order to survive that miasma. I was barely willing to wait that long, because the money you get from the Golden King is a huge asset to getting to Mr. Grouse, and Life Insurance is very useful to have for the rest of the game.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

For a lot of these optional bosses, strategy is key, and some of them have more than one that works. For Mr. Grouse, I usually play it safe by having the party attack the computer until the counter is at zero, then having two party members attack the computer while they bash Mr. Grouse's face in. There's a future ability that makes this strategy more worthwhile.

Yeah, that sounds like it would have worked much better than what I used to clutch out a victory. Can you still keep the number low after Mr. Grouse starts investing in it?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

God, my voice sounds weird on recording equipment.

Anyway, this is the scene that sticks with me the most in the game. If it weren't for the aforementioned implication, it would be my favorite scene, and that's what frustrates me about it as it is now.

cattedit:

Solitair fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GrandmaParty posted:

I went back into the dungeon to snag a picture of Ms. Mouse's room.

LOOK AT THAT LITTLE BITTY CORDELIA MOUSE.

I don't think that's Cordelia.