Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I'm kai ryssdal and this...*smarmy pause while i smugly huff an inhaler full of my own farts*...is marketplace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

*actually tries to inform US citizens without shock value or pandering*

*follows up report with worst music you have ever heard*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

a giant loving volcano appeared over middle america today, spewing forth liquid gold but wiping out millions of americans, including women and children. millions more are homeless or suffering.

traders on wall street responded favorably to the recent influx of 'liquid' capital. lets do the numbers. *jaunty jazzy tune of 'we're in the money' plays*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

doctor 7 posted:

*actually tries to inform US citizens without shock value or pandering*

sounds pretty liberal to me, comrade

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
im gay

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
*Airs investigation on Koch Foundation*
*Gets bought out by Koch Foundation*

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I probably get coffee or something. not everybody who works here is on the freaking radio ya know!!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Kak posted:

im gay

this but enough vocal fry to seduce a sentient fax machine

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Cubone posted:

I probably get coffee or something. not everybody who works here is on the freaking radio ya know!!

im the guy who mops up all the loads on wait wait dont stop, an after dark version of a gameshow with a similar name

we air it as a threat during telethons

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
~fries own vocal cords in butter with some garlic~

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LxK7iFChVI

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

its 3 am, welcome to colorado public radios "the jazz hour". i'm the only jazz fan in all of colorado, sleepy gary. tonight i plan on providing soothing commentary about jazz as well as using my narcoleptic voice to murder more long-haul truckers than sirens did sailors half a millenium ago.

join me next week where i go to the house at pueblo where miles davis once took a poo poo in while he was waiting for his tour bus to take him literally anywhere else but pueblo

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Kak posted:

im ira glass

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Next time we wi--" the radio fizzles out. You have dipped over the mountain and in the valley the reception is lost. No one is on the road with you. There are no clouds in the sky, no stars. A dull moon, agitated at your presence, hides itself behind a copse of trees. You have never felt more alone. The knot in your chest tightens-- you deserve this.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQcbtLOcHtg

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

"Next time we wi--" the radio fizzles out. You have dipped over the mountain and in the valley the reception is lost. No one is on the road with you. There are no clouds in the sky, no stars. A dull moon, agitated at your presence, hides itself behind a copse of trees. You have never felt more alone. The knot in your chest tightens-- you deserve this.

moth radio tryhards. classic.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
*static white noise followed by loud ding dong*
THIS
*car tires locking up skidding and crashing into a wall*
IS
*loud cat rowling*
RADIO
*spooky dramatic synth bite*
LABS
*loud big ben clock striking gong*
TODAY WE
*lightning strike*
TALKING
*loud firework exploding noise*
ABOUT
*machine gun fire noises*
AN APE
*soda can popping open loudly*
WITH
*10 seconds of long dramatic silence*
SYPHILLIS

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

*drinks*

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwEH9Ui4HV8

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sir, i'm not entirely sure if these are relevant :dukedoge:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

hi welcome to pop culture happy hour, me and some other depressing 40 somethings are going to spend a whole hour dissecting and criticizing works from industries we tried and failed at breaking into for the last 25 years.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4JeMhY89mM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

could you stop making GBS threads my thread up with drunk youtube links? maybe learn to hold your liquor? thanks.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
*whispers*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

*car honking inserted into every on-location news interview as a 'gently caress you' to listeners who commute, which is all of them*

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I sound like I’m wearing a bowtie. I know that’s pretty much impossible on all accounts, but that’s how it is.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

*2-4 minute justification as to the historical and cultural importance to just play a song that was popular like 20 years ago*

"and that was Nirvana's Nevermind."

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

moth radio tryhards. classic.

One day you'll see. You'll all see. I'll be out of these doors so fast once the podcast takes off. Once I start making that ziprecruiter money.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Welcome once again to the Food Schmooze. On today's program, a new twist on an old classic. Eating rear end--with smoked pork belly. But first, here is a gay guy that will talk about a wine. Cheers. *chortles merrily*

Everybody eats...when they come to my house!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

doctor 7 posted:

*2-4 minute justification as to the historical and cultural importance to just play a song that was popular like 20 years ago*

"and that was Nirvana's Nevermind."

yeah that's great stuff, Bill. i just rolled it by our editor, Deaf Jimmy, and he said to go ahead and do a folk cover of nevermind for the next break. my nephew who saw someone playing banjo once is gonna take a crack at it.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

its been about a decade since the day the electric company shut off our delinquent power during a visit from ladysmith black mumbazzo. the tiny desk concert remains one the longest and most transparent coverups in public broadcasting history

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

its been about a decade since the day the electric company shut off our delinquent power during a visit from ladysmith black mumbazzo. the tiny desk concert remains one the longest and most transparent coverups in public broadcasting history
There's actually just a big embarrassing stain under the tiny desk, and they have to keep holding these concerts so nobody finds out, in case Steve Inskeep yells at them again.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
me and the other host take turns blowing each other and talking

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I'm kai ryssdal and this...*smarmy pause while i smugly huff an inhaler full of my own farts*...is marketplace

I was going to post something similar to this in the other NPR thread but I'm glad I didn't because this was better

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

But Marketplace is from American Public Media and Radiolab and This American Life are PRX

:goonsay:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

*received funding from the koch brothers*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

sir, i'm not entirely sure if these are relevant :dukedoge:

what is he even doing

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I, for one, enjoyed watching the capybara eat rhubarb and swim in a pool.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Mr. Shortz, every time you call someone a 'retard' on air we have to do another take. No Mr. Shortz, 'mongoloid' is also not acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
... and Rob Stein is here to report on the recent Medicare crisis while tongue-wrestling four slugs into his microphone. Good morning, Rob.

Tthhhhaannkkssshh, Ssshhteeeevvveee.