Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

vandalism posted:

rip garison keilor

Did he die or something or is he just dead to you. Because of the ... you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Nuts and Gum posted:

I don't know what Terry gross looks like and I'm afraid to look it up.

This is fresh air

I looked it up once and she looks like an alien. What I remember, but do not wish to revisit, is a big head and really long skinny limbs. You know, an alien. I don't remember why I wanted to know.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

The Cubelodyte posted:

Thank you for reminding me about Codrescu; that guy was the poo poo.

Yeah I miss him.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Wait wait and prairie home companion are the soundtrack in hell.

I like Wait Wait in small doses, though I could do without Paula Poundstone. And I like some parts of Praire Home Companion. Guy Noir and the Ketchup commercials anyway, and the intro. But the musical bits yeah that could get pretty grating pretty fast.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

kickascii posted:

On a recent radiolab one of the hosts used an expression I've never heard before. They were talking about analyzing Albert Einstein's brain, and considered the possibility that maybe his brain had something unusual or unique about it and that could have affected his intelligence. Confronted with this possibility, the host said that it "made him feel itchy."

I'm not 100% sure how to engage this post?

I've felt a sensation akin to itchiness but not associated with any particular are of my body, rather un-localized. Maybe It's a NorthWest thing?

Also isn't there unusual stuff about Einsteins brain? I vaguely recall seeing something ~35 years ago (on PBS of course) about them actually studying his brain and it had really tightly whorled neurons or something.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Play posted:

Heard someone on NPR just now (an American) pronounce disavowed as DIS uh VOAD. A bunch of people are probably about to tell me that's a legitimate pronunciation but I've never heard that before, wtf is that poo poo

That sounds like maybe a thick Maryland accent? But no I'm not aware of that being a commonly used pronunciation, but English is such a hosed-up language.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

ItS tHe DiAnE rEhM ShOw

I always assumed she was sick or something in the few seconds I ever caught her show before changing the station because whatever is going on with her voice was just so annoying. Did she really talk like that for 30 years?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

I've never liked Car Talk. Even when I was young and liked everything I found the entire thing flabbergasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Skypie posted:

Nina Totenberg had a pretty long remembrance segment yesterday evening at least. You could tell it was hitting her hard, her voice cracked a bunch. :(

They covered her death-like over and over and over again, that guy has to be trolling.