Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Any time I listen to 'Wait Wait', the host, Peter Sagal (and usually Mo Rocca too) make at least one joke seemingly pulled right from a topical GBS thread.
Sometimes almost literally verbatim.

This week was a bad example, but they brought up James Bond being replaced by a woman and Sagal made the joke of her now needing an objectified bond-boy called 'octo-dong' which I'm pretty sure was posted right in the GBS thread about it. I mean, that's not the world's toughest joke to write, but it's what caught my ear THIS time and I KNOW I've heard him and others on the show use stuff I've seen posted pretty much directly as material, so I wouldn't be surprised if they or a writer or something reads this.

What I'm saying is please work 'Big Beef City' into your show material this week and I'll know for sure tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poisonpill posted:

You might think
That NPR likes a butt.
But it can’t match SA,
And famed poster
____ ____, ____ ______!

Big Beef Cit-Tay

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lovable, affable scamp strides into posh position of head hand-shaker. Matching America's own brand of smiling, if sometimes perplexing, Master of Sunshine.
A few critics in dark corners, however, are whispering politely that there is a chance that their 'ignorance' and 'fascism' may in fact be 'silly' or even 'goofy'.
We turn to our panel of experts, a glass of tepid water, my cat, and a recording of wind in the trees. I'm your host on 'Please don't consider', Avacada Onatost.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

To be Fair: Amhy Brooks looks at FoxTails

and Peter Brooks looks at side tattoos, is it a stattus? Coming up